It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liveleak Stops Showing IS 'Beheading' Videos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Excellent News and applause to LiveLink. There are still other websites on the dark web that folk can go to if they need their "Snuff Movie" fix!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Good now the terrorists at ISIS know for a fact that they can manipulate the whole internet way to encourage the bad guys. Although I do not support nor do I watch these films I absolutely believe that the information should be available to the public at large, as LiveLeak's ownership made this choice to leave them off that is their decision and should be respected however, consider this, Now the terrorists at ISIS certainly know that they can manipulate the internet and make things change in civil circuits all around the world make people change things, makes me wonder if that was the intent to begin with if so its working like a bloody charm.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I should think so too, they should be ashamed of themselves for hosting it in the first place. For what other purpose can it serve than to inflame and antagonise?

Good to hear nonetheless, thanks seabhac-rhu.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I believe that they(IS) knew very well what they were doing when making the Foley execution video. This video was a colossal success for them. They're not doing things like this by chance, there is deliberation and cunning in their actions.

I would expect more of this kind of thing to come from IS in the near future, they are going to try and capitalise on the success of the Foley video, and I guess Liveleak want nothing to do with it, which I applaud.

edit on 21-8-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I understand perhaps my view on this particular topic may not be very popular but I can't always be the cool kid I suppose. The thing about it is though is that because they are making news organizations and making people tuck them under the rug hiding the truth means that they (IS) have a form of subtle control over these organizations. Censoring it will not make them go away, essentially they are now manipulating an information control system. They will continue to exploit this I would expect more to come.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
I see your point.

I'd imagine in some ways, though, the Foley video has put IS on the map for a lot of people, especially a video like this, even though the most graphic part has been edited out it is still a distressing clip to view. They have achieved their goal with this video, in my estimation. That form of manipulation is now diminished, only slightly maybe, by the actions that Liveleak have taken.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well, if you read the source page I think the reason for their decision is quite clear: t.

Quite Clear? Maybe to you its that simple and clear cut. However, perhaps you are not familiar with live leak or online business?

LiveLeak has posted beheading before and much much more gruesome stuff and as one other posted stated that was how they built their site. Not so much the gruesome part of it, but willingness to show uncensored information for people to make their own decision unlike the MSM.

The Foley execution video has generated a big stir in the mainstream, many people who would never venture onto Liveleak(and other sites hosting graphic and disturbing content) have been seeking this video out

Yes ATS would hate nothing more than having new users venturing into their website?

Also the Sadam Hussein video they posted also generated a big stir in the mainstream along with other beheading in the media. Why this one?

Also look at lavabit and how they were forced to play nice or shutdown.
www.theguardian.com...

All I'm saying is that there is some room for speculation as to the real motive on why the video is being removed and it is not as clear cut as you or the article make it sound like?

edit on 56831America/ChicagoThu, 21 Aug 2014 11:56:24 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The truth is though that they would televise ordinance eviscerating ISIS from the air and ground and no one would bat an eye, it truly is a sick world we live in, at least we are fortunate enough to choose how we can look at it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Good ! , I too am against censorship but sometimes a line needs to be drawn , James Foley was a man with family and friends who's feelings should be taken into consideration at this time , we don't need videos of his murder being passed around for some to get some sort of perverse satisfaction from.

Respect for the deceased and his family must be the priority here.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

You may be right.

I'm just pointing out that Liveleak themselves give a clear explanation as to why they are taking the course that they are.

If they have been put under pressure to do what they have done, that would surprise no one, however that, for the time being, is a matter of speculation, as you have stated. And please feel free to speculate, I for one however accept their explanation.

You know some people do have consciences.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I've only seen the video once and yes I'm aware that once is enough but I think the problem with removing or not showing the video is that it censors what these thugs and murderers are willing to do to people who dont bow down to their laws and ways. It doesnt work.

I understand that seeing this is not best and I get what Live leak is trying to do but from the videos I've seen on their website, including a seven year old boy having his fingers cut off for stealing, a woman being stoned to death because she slept with another woman, and the worst that I saw was when they made a guy dig a hole, then cut his throat and left him to choke on his own body the whole time recording it, Why single this one out.

My personal belief is that its because the person killed was an American journalist and the murderer is said to be British. It just seems to be that as long as it isn't a western its okay but when its either a UK or US person killing then it must be taken down.

You cant censor some parts of your website while letting more graphic videos stay. For my point of arguing and to those who haven't see it, they fade out before they cut the head off and only fade back up when it is done, with the head on the lower back and a small puddle of blood at the neck, so you dont actually see the head being cut off which is why I believe it has to do with who is being killed and doing the killing more than the killing itself being to graphical.

(Sorry if the description of the video effects people but for the purpose of my argument it needed to be said)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Danny85

As I have pointed out a couple of times before in this thread, and as I'm aware you know, having seen the video yourself, the gruesome part of the video is edited out for a reason: a wider audience.

Yes, add to that that the victim was an American and you have a formula for success.

The sad truth is that the majority of Americans(for example, I'm not singling out American people as more or less indifferent to any other people) don't care about an Iraqi or a Syrian getting his head cut off....that's the simple truth.

They(Americans or whoever) do however care when one of their own countrymen is killed.

edit on 21-8-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

And please feel free to speculate, I for one however accept their explanation.

Good for you, In my reality when it comes to gov't and money I try to be more vigilant than to accept things at face value.

For me I feel that there is enough information to conclude that something isn't adding up. What that is I have no idea.

You know some people do have consciences.

Yes but with most Corporations and businesses consciences is a luxury and not a basic necessity.

edit on 15831America/ChicagoThu, 21 Aug 2014 12:15:15 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I'm not just accepting it "at face value".

And good for you being so "vigilant".

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Before i saw my first beheading, my mind couldn't stop speculating how it looked, who did it, their reaction, my reaction , all kind of stuff related to what a beheading was.

I then searched and watched 3 or 4 different beheadings to get the picture of what it was instead of imagining what it was, after the view's i was clear in my mind and had no need to see any further.

It doesn't haunt me in any way and it was not for entertainment, but for learning experience.

I do this with everything i don't know about or else i will speculate to sleeplessness about what i don't know about.

Everything that going on on this planet and the universe is a study for me as i am a thinker and can't stop thinking before i know and have seen or read as much as i can.

I hate censoring so i am a little split about this, but as it is possible to watch elsewhere i see no problem.

I am a daily user of Live Leak and have not seen the mentioned video simply because i don't have to anymore, it's learned and other stuff has to be learned.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I cant believe how many people actually WANT to view such a thing!
I dont need to see it to know whats going to happen!

I've never watched a head being removed and I never will.

Those doing the chopping may be considered sick or barbaric, but what about those that want to be the audience!

sick sick sick is all I can say!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't think this is censorship, this is just one website deciding they don't want to feature the video, which is in their right to do. Censorship would be governments stopping all websites from showing it whether they like it or not.

I think LiveLeak have made a self-preservation decision rather than a moral one. They are already a well-known site so gaining a higher profile from this video probably wouldn't be worth the hit it would take to their reputation. I think they would rather be known as a website that provides alternative evidence to what is provided in the MSM - an important tool.

The video shows nothing different to any other beheading video, and was made for the sole reason that people would view it and be shocked. That would make LikeLeak accesories to the ISIS propaganda and encourage them to do it more. So yeah, I think they're doing the right thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Terrible News!

Linking to these so-called "beheading" videos, is one of the simplest ways
to expose the lies and deceit (fakery) that we are being subjected to.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think their decision was a good one, and their explanation for it was great and thorough. No amount of beheading videos will reveal deeper insight into the situation. I wonder if they keep hosting old videos, however.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

While I will agree that there are those that "want" to see such things, I would also say that not all of us desire to see such things, but that we cannot willing take the word of ANYONE. A sort of "seeing is believing" mentality that is a flaw of mine, in particular, perhaps.

While I do not want or desire to see such things, this is the world I live in and I must be prepared for the worst. I cannot imagine much worse, so....

I hear many claim that "you don't need to see it to know what is going on".....well, yeah. But am I just to take the word of others that it happened? Where does that lead?
....it leads to the ability to LIE to me and claim that a thing happened when it didn't or is "iffy".....

(I'm still half asleep and this post is probably horribly written.....but I would imagine the jest of it can be discerned.)

That being said, yes, those that seek out this kind of thing for the sake of a quick "thrill" or "scare" like it is some f'n horror flick outta hollywood.....yes, f'n SICK! ......However, I am not those people and I do not view such things for those purposes...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join