It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea Rejects Japanese Steel, So Beware Of What You Put Into Your Mouth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
In an interview with Jeff Rense at www.youtube.com... , Yoichi Shimatsu stated the S. Korea has rejected scape iron imported from Japan because of the high level of radioactivity in that iron... and steel, too. (Go to elapsed time of 7:43 in the video.)

Rense and Shimatsu went on to lament that not all countries are so diligent at screening things such as steel imports for radioactivity.

While commenting about the possible uses of radioactive iron and steel, Shimatsu said: "Imagine some of that steel goes into spoons and forks."

So, beware of what you put into your mouth!! Could be risky behavior.

Jeff Rense expressed concerns about bicycles and baby strollers, and Shimatus went on to talk about steel rebar used to reinforce concrete buildings. Why, in such a building, you can be cooked like toast in a toaster from the radiation.

Shimatus stresses that the U.S. is not one of the countries that is diligent about testing imports like iron and steel for radiation, and while the U.S. was once a big producer and exporter of iron and steel, such is no longer the case.

I apologize if I am detracting from the more important issues of the day like the Berenstein Bears v. the Berenstain Bears conspiracy theory, whose thread at www.abovetopsecret.com... , got over 1,400 responses.

Why, my threads are lucky to get four dozen responses with as little as a measly one response when I queried about the Chinese fishing industry.

You know, in light of the very probable big dent put into the Chinese food supply by Fukushima Daiichi disaster, in order to stave off an imminent invasion of the U.S. by starving Chinese to enslave us and then cannibalize us, maybe the wisest thing to do is to fill up on radioactive tuna, big time, as a deterrent.

Bon Appétit!

P.M.
edit on 20-8-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Added afterthought.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

This thread started out ok, made me go hmm . I never even thought about radioactive scrap metal. So kudos for bringing up these points and what they could possibly imply.

However I got a bad taste in my mouth when you started complaining about another persons thread garnering more interest than yours. It was an interesting thought -provoking, not so serious, and light hearted topic that appealed to many people based off the popularity of the childrens book and the conspiratorial nature of our site.

Your story is interesting enough to stand on its own, you may have sabotaged your own thread.

Let your work speak for itself and let others get interested on their own, no one ever wants to look at the person saying " look at me , look at me"
edit on 20-8-2014 by CitizenJack because: ,

edit on 20-8-2014 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Edit now, while there is still time.....

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I have heard Yoichi Shimatsu speak before and he is usually right up there with the severity of the radiation pollution. Jeff's web sight is full of updates for he is like a dog with a bone and is not going to let it go.. However I did do a quick search and other than this thread I found nothing.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Korea has not rejected Japanese steel they just returned part of a shipment that they said was above safety levels. They have been dhecking since 2012 and this is the first time any has been returned. No doubt some scrap dealer tried to slip some in. Although considering how much steel Korea buys from Japan it is pretty much a non story.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Ignore stupid. You can't stop it. I've been kicking around for over a year and IMO stars and flags from this crowd don't really mean anything.

Or go with this as the title.

imminent invasion of the U.S. by starving Chinese to enslave us and then cannibalize us

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

with quotes like " buildings cooking you like a toaster " one know that unevidenced fearmongering is being presented

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
At the body shop I work at, we had a man driving a Toyota van come to us for a replacement bumper. He told us to make sure it didn't come from Japan so it wouldn't expose him to radiation.

I kinda forgot completely that Japanese products may be irradiated... Scary stuff!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
At the body shop I work at, we had a man driving a Toyota van come to us for a replacement bumper. He told us to make sure it didn't come from Japan so it wouldn't expose him to radiation.

I kinda forgot completely that Japanese products may be irradiated... Scary stuff!

It was mentioned in the Youtube video cited in the original post that the Japanese don't drive their cars for long, about four years on average. Thereafter, they junk their cars and export the scrap.

So, it seems that your customer had a legitimate concern.

I heard, a while ago, that the air filters in Japanese cars are very hazardous. Keep this in mind if you purchase a used car from Japan (and maybe from anywhere for that matter.)

P.M.

edit on 20-8-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected typo.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

I apologize if I am detracting from the more important issues of the day like the Berenstein Bears v. the Berenstain Bears conspiracy theory, whose thread at www.abovetopsecret.com... , got over 1,400 responses.

Why, my threads are lucky to get four dozen responses with as little as a measly one response when I queried about the Chinese fishing industry.

P.M.

I can see your point regarding the popularity of other posts that tend to entertain more than inform. I've posted a number of threads I felt were of high importance, only to have to drop off the charts within a few hours. I think that when the boards are slow, that would be the time to add to old posts and get them circulating again. Add some new info when its slow, that's my plan for my low scoring threads of importance.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenJack

Your story is interesting enough to stand on its own, you may have sabotaged your own thread.

I believe that was the intention.

All of the OP's threads about Fukushima are designed to be ridiculous.

"Is my tapwater being heated by Fukushima?"
"Will Fukushima Ignite the Atmosphere?"
"Is Fukushima sliding into the Sea?"

All intended to marginalize and minimize.

This one is no different, combining a legitimate concern with a silly comparison to a children's cartoon.

The plan is for the baby to be thrown out WITH the irradiated bathwater.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

with quotes like " buildings cooking you like a toaster " one know that unevidenced fearmongering is being presented

Yep.

And this from someone who claims to have legitimate concerns about the three MELT THROUGHS at Fukushima.

This is intended to be 'laughing stock' and that's exactly what it is, only thing, there really is a concern for buying products from Japan that are radioactive, such as produce and seafood.

The result of the OP's threads for most people is overall dismissal of the REAL issue.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Please!

Your sincerity is underwhelming.

Fukushima is the #1 reason I'm here on ATS and I consider your posts to be nothing but OBFUSCATION!

That's why no one responds.

Your scheme is a transparent attempt to gloss over the reality of the situation.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a quick search on the internet will reveal other nations refusing japanese imports for the same reason

wear it like a badge of honor & keep planting those seeds
the more interesting & revealing a topic is, the less people will post in it

(when you make topics that get 1-2 replies, you're really doing something right)
especially when noone can effectively 'debunk' what it is you might be trying to say

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Korea has not rejected Japanese steel they just returned part of a shipment that they said was above safety levels. They have been dhecking since 2012 and this is the first time any has been returned. No doubt some scrap dealer tried to slip some in. Although considering how much steel Korea buys from Japan it is pretty much a non story.

Think about what you are saying.

If countries like South Korea are being particular about what metal that they accept from Japan, then where do you think the rejects will end up?

All that I can do is to reiterate: "Beware of what you put into your mouth."

P.M.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Please!

Your sincerity is underwhelming.

Fukushima is the #1 reason I'm here on ATS and I consider your posts to be nothing but OBFUSCATION!

That's why no one responds.

Your scheme is a transparent attempt to gloss over the reality of the situation.

Ahhhh, it's nice to know that I have the POWER in a forum that goes pretty idle pretty frequently.

I consider my posts to be the Lighter Side of Fukushima.

Or, alternatively, I consider my posts to be the Far Side of Fukushima.

If you don't like the Lighter Side of Fukushima and if you don't like the Far Side of Fukushima, then I suggest that you check out the Underbelly of Fukushima.

Go there.

P.M.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

especially when noone can effectively 'debunk' what it is you might be trying to say

Thats the problem they are all debunked pretty easily. so most of the Fukushima crowd on this site have just decided to simply ignore it.

If countries like South Korea are being particular about what metal that they accept from Japan, then where do you think the rejects will end up?

This is what is mostly the problem. Instead of maybe trying to find where rejected steel ends up with a source or something like that, its just assumptions hidden in what if type questions.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Think about what you are saying.

All that I can do is to reiterate: "Beware of what you put into your mouth."

P.M.

Nope not really worried about it. I have better chance of getting hit by meteor than I do of some how getting radiated steel from Japan in my mouth long enough to cause a health problem.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BGTM90

more going on here than suspect 'steel'

how's your local *major* supermarket chain faring these days?
are they importing from strange & unusual countries lately?

next time you buy a box of cereal, open the box, pull out the inner (clear) bag
and look for spider-web type material (down the bottom)
(you'll notice grains of cereal are sticking together)
chase it up on the internet..

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
a reply to: BGTM90

more going on here than suspect 'steel'

how's your local *major* supermarket chain faring these days?
are they importing from strange & unusual countries lately?

next time you buy a box of cereal, open the box, pull out the inner (clear) bag
and look for spider-web type material (down the bottom)
(you'll notice grains of cereal are sticking together)
chase it up on the internet..

All I get is spam for Batman O's.

Please provide a link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join