It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true reason behind the Crimean conflict

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I came across this, that is posted back in April.

link to article

It might not look much, back then. But if you read it now, it becomes a revelation as to the entire conflict around Crimea. The US simply opposes Europes addiction to Russian gas, and wants to create a conflict between Europe and Russia, that will eventually make entire Europe cut off the habit, and buy US supported gas, from the middle east.

This is the true reason, as to why the conflict occurred in the first place. The decision behind Ukraine fascist government takeover, and also why they allowed MH17 to divert it's course over to a known danger zone. It was simply to create a conflict, that would lead to separation between Europe and Russia, economically.

It also explains, why Putin has not done anything either. The man is in a personal relationship, with leaders of the gas industry in Russia. And their money, is what is backing him up. A real conflict in the area, would mean loss of revenue for the gas industry, as they might not be able to sell gas to Europe. Even if Europe cuts it down, they won't close ... but a conflict would mean they would close.

So, the bottom line is this ...

People are dying in Ukraine, for two reasons ...

1. USA does not like European addiction to Russian gas, and creates a conflict to seperate these interrests.

2. Russia does not aid rebels, or the population in Ukraine, by averting the civil war. Because the gas/oil money, weighs more to his closest allies, than human lives.

I think it pretty much concludes, that MH17 was downed by US/Ukraine ... at least by intentions. Wether they actually shot it down themselves, or wether it was the rebels who did it is not relevant. MH17 was directed over the no-fly zone, for the purpose of having it shot down ... to increase the level of the conflict. The choice of the Malaysian flight, probably has to do with a political decision to put MH317 into the shadow .... as focus in Malaysia would be on MH17, instead of MH370.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

You have it exactly backwards. There are natural gas reserves in the Black Sea. If Ukraine can develop those reserves with European help, Russia will lose its market. To maintain its gas income, and the power that comes with it, Russia has seized part of Ukraine's coastline and destabilized the country in order to scare off foreign investment.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The US and Saudi...not to mention Israeli oil intersts would love to see Russia stop supplying Europe with gas....
The Syrian conflict, is about a pipeline for gas from the UAE Quatari, And Saudi gas fields to Europe...
The Leviathan gas field find as well as Cyprus gas fields would also like to supply Europe in the future as well...
In fact weaning Europe from Russian gas is part of the scenario....Keeping in mind the gas supplies they can frack from under the Ukraine itself....

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Dude, there is NO Crimean conflict, Putin got majority Russians in Crimea to vote, and now Crimea is Russia.

You are referring to conflict in East Ukraine following US sponsored revolution using neo nazis and fascists

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
You have it exactly backwards. There are natural gas reserves in the Black Sea. If Ukraine can develop those reserves with European help, Russia will lose its market. To maintain its gas income, and the power that comes with it, Russia has seized part of Ukraine's coastline and destabilized the country in order to scare off foreign investment.

You just made that stuff up completely.

The past Ukrainian government was already friends with Russia.

The revolution and NEW government was staged and supported by US and EU.

Russia didn't create problems we are seeing, US did

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FootBig

Ukraine isn't on this list yet.

Covert United States foreign regime change actions

What about MH17?

If there was any proof that Russia had committed the shooting down of MH17 it would be everywhere, but instead there is silence with no data from the black boxes being released. That means that the information from the air traffic controller in Kiev was correct along with Russia's intelligence they released showing Ukraine is the one who shot down the plane.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FootBig

And the old government was staged and supported by Mother Russia.....
So we seem to be at a standoff.......
While the lowly Ukrainians get it both ways....
edit on 20-8-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

you honestly believe all secret US plans for regime change is going to be on Public WikiPedia

US does what US does, on moment's notice, long term plans commingle with short term opportunities

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
And the old government was staged and supported by Mother Russia.....
So we seem to be at a standoff.......
While the lowly Ukrainians get it both ways....

excuse me sir, looking at your avatar

Did Russia pull off 9/11, or something equally as stunning and damaging in the past 15 years.

Ukraine is better off being friends with Russia than murderous backstabbing western elite.

Being friends with US is like being friends with a Vampire, he or she shows you a good time, AND THEN KILLS YOU

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
i think the true reasons are these to reasons

1, the contents of the document "project for a new american century" which means the US is out to take Russia down. Its already got just about all of the former soviet union. (don't worry about China, they will take time but they are already starting to encircle them.)

2. the US wants to get its hands on the pipeline so it can squeeze europe as hard as it needs to make them keep using the US dollar as a reserve currency. That will stop the US from going down the gurgler.

Then they will own the whole world and everybody in it. Gotcha, "we are the greatest !! "

edit on 20-8-2014 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

If there was any proof that Russia had committed the shooting down of MH17 it would be everywhere, but instead there is silence with no data from the black boxes being released. That means that the information from the air traffic controller in Kiev was correct along with Russia's intelligence they released showing Ukraine is the one who shot down the plane.

Surely you aren't talking about the spanish air traffic controller are you, because it has been shown he was wrong?

Would that be the same Russian intelligence that said an SU 25 was capable of flying to heights the manufacturer says is impossible while carrying arms on the plane?

And exactly what evidence did they release that proves Ukraine did that, because so far all they have released was made up, but feel free to post this evidence.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
luckily, we didn't see "Crimean conflict" this time...

if you're looking for a "true reason" and want to make it simple for yourself just look at Crimea itself and what Russia gained by successfully annexing it.
edit on 20America/Chicago08u12 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Ukraine is better off being friends with Russia than murderous backstabbing western elite.

Well if that was true they wouldn't have wanted to leave Russia in the first place now would they?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

if you're looking for a "true reason" and want to make it simple for yourself just look at Crimea itself and what Russia gained by successfully annexing it.

Here you go...

When Russia seized Crimea in March, it acquired not just the Crimean landmass but also a maritime zone more than three times its size with the rights to underwater resources potentially worth trillions of dollars.

Russia portrayed the takeover as reclamation of its rightful territory, drawing no attention to the oil and gas rush that had recently been heating up in the Black Sea. But the move also extended Russia’s maritime boundaries, quietly giving Russia dominion over vast oil and gas reserves while dealing a crippling blow to Ukraine’s hopes for energy independence.

www.nytimes.com...

Amazing how that little reason was left out.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

and that is only part of it.

it is interesting how the West pretends loss of Crimea is not huge strategical blow...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
BULL. Putin wasn't going to give up THAT SALT WATER PORT. He was no doubt worried Europe might try something and secured it.The rest is just a FLOOR show to see how much he could get since we elected a jellyfish in office.

It's HIS now.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

No, I don't think I've got it backwards ... but what you say, puts even bigger light on the issue. I think we both agree, that the reason behind it is the gas and Europe. But who is behind the conflict, perhaps both are trying to capitalize on it.

However, my take on Russia is this. If they had "real" interrest in the crimean area, they would simply "role" in. Perhaps they intend to, but are waiting for the people to call for their help. But, Russians don't have a reputation for waiting for anyone to "allow" them anything. So, I see their non-commitment as proof of their disinterrest. Because, as with the US, or China. Neither EU nor Ukraine could do anything about it, if they decided to roll in. They could simply play the card "atomic" or "peace", your choice. They'd win, our leaders aren't that insane.

So, I lean towards the US having financed the fascists, something I can't imagine the US ever doing unless it has some clear goals. And I think the economic situation in the US/EU, have made them "lower" their standards, as to whom to support.

That's my take on it ... but I think what you said, has some real value here. As it does suggest, that there is some major influence to have Ukraine use their own deposits, which clearly gives motive for the MH17, and blitzkrieg advances to try and regain control of the eastern area.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Cameron has a hate Putin pissy on and that's because he is pro American interests above and over Britains. I would like to see a completely united Europe that included Russia because of the logistics and the opportunities of considerably more trade with Russia as well as opening up a partnership in their scientific opportunities. America is afraid of being isolated if it looses the UK and its foothold in Europe. Our Angela has Bambam off her Xmas list so I suspect this policy is gathering quiet momentum

The bankers and Israel want to keep their hierarchical living controlling the world and if we unite with Russia then the worst side of warmongers would go down the pan.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Did I?

Russia’s annexation of Crimea has totally upended Kiev’s plans for Black Sea and Sea of Azov offshore oil and natural gas production.

Before the peninsula’s March 16 independence referendum, followed two days later by Russian annexation, Ukraine’s state-owned Chornomornaftogaz (“Chernomorneftegaz” in Russian) owned 17 hydrocarbon fields, including 11 natural gas fields, four gas condensate fields, and two oil fields, along with 13 offshore platforms in the Black Sea and Sea of Azov.

Among foreign companies interested in Crimea’s offshore hydrocarbon assets were ExxonMobil, Royal Dutch Shell and Petrom.

oilprice.com (Industry propaganda site.)

I suggest you read up if you are going to understand what is really going on. Putin is going to war for Gazprom.

Nations are not "friends." They can be allies, trading partners, satellites or competitors. Ukraine has always wanted to be trading partners with Russia, Putin wanted them to be a satellite.

Who drove the country into radical income disparity and poverty? Who deprived the people of their voice in government? It is there that you will find the true cause of every revolution.

How can anyone who understands strategic thinking believe that? Who is controlling the Black Sea gas now? Not the United States, that's for sure.

edit on 20-8-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I would like to see a completely united Europe that included Russia

That is the opposite of what Putin wants. Putin hates Europe. He blames it for the collapse of the Soviet Union, which he intends to rebuild as a new Russian Empire.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join