It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS beheads US Journalist James Wright Foley

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I believe the US should military should strike ISIS fast and hard. I'm sure we know where at least some of their infrastructure and leaders are located. If we allow this ghastly crime to go unanswered we will just see more of the same. Unfortunately, I also believe the current US administration will do nothing about this except make another statement with lots of fancy words.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: dude77
any opinions on the moustache ? .. stubble before .. moustache afterwards

I would say that the amount of blood the poor man lost probably caused his skin to retract and for the facial hair to become more prominent.

In a normal death what actually happens is the skin loses moisture and pulls back, exposing more hair and making nails seem longer. As this poor chap lost so much blood it probably made the process happen a lot quicker.

thanks for the explanation .. I wasn't aware of that ..

on another note, obama is about to address this in about 30 minutes according to cnn

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: itguysrule

It must be done with the ultimate goal of complete destruction and elimination of ISIS and its sub-groups, allies, affiliates and sponsors covert and overt, worldwide. No matter what it takes, or how long, or the consequences and losses.

Neither the American people, or the administration have the stomach for that.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The only way to make sure that at least none of these monsters return
are to, any flights coming back from Syria/ Iraq to screen check/ reference every person,

if it takes a lot of time, or people claim about islamaphobia, so be it, but i think the seriousness of the situation warrants it

Oh, and even if my aforementioned method, is used.. that still doesnt do anything about the people already here who may turn to violent acts.

Gah i hate this world

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

Whats your problem? He's just described the subject matter of this thread and he's not being disruptive ,no need to go digging through the rules trying to find a loophole to get him banned ,are you such a wuss that you can't even handle what he wrote ? The world is a messed up place and hiding under your bed covers won't make it go away

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
a reply to: beezzer

The guy who beheaded Mr Foley was apparently British. Does this change your view of this particular video?

He may have been born here but that doesn't make him 'British' per se. He is 'Iraqi' or wherever his Parents came from first and then he is 'Muslim' and then he is 'British'. He has no qualms about killing 'British' or American' people because he is now fighting with ISIS against us.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Said it before and i will say it here.

As a Canadian I want the Canadian forces to go to Iraq and wipe this sh1t of the planet. although I am happy for us to go alone, id happily support britain and the US to come along

This time don't mess about like before. send in the most brutal and well trained forces you can.

JTF2
SAS
SBS
British Royal Marine Commandos
Navy Seals
US Marines
Gurkhas

And don't send a few here, a few there...send in every single one of these units enlisted...and finally wipe them off the face off the earth.

Would even go as far as to say. when briefing such units simply tell them. This si the enemy, do whatever needs to be done to make sure they are gone.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Walkingsenseless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I hope we get the bastard.
Let him rot in jail forever.
Oh and I hope they find out who he is (I bet they know already) and make sure that If he was radicalised in the UK they get them also and lock them up also.
I bet we see him as a ten year old in tmrs press.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have never been hate filled person, racist etc. never had any ill feeling to other religions, although have always been aware how much hatred and war religion has caused. But part of me, as much as I hate to say it is really starting to hate Islam; and i don't want to. Yes I am aware Christianity has it flaws, and am aware the death and war it has caused in the past. However, when was the last time you saw a christian beheading someone from another religion or creed? what is wrong with these people and islam, that they think its ok to publicly behead someone and broadcast it...has civilization not reached these people...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Walkingsenseless

They do it in my streets.
RIP Rigby.

Thing is I got a feeling this is all part of some bigger plan...
Maybe WW3 will be a religious war.
Dunno just got a bad feeling something is afoot!.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Problematic. As the whole f'ed up situation seems to be. But I agree that "winning the hearts and minds" of fanatics and their families is impossible.

go to Iraq/send in every single one of these units

There really are no boundaries that ISIS recognizes so we'd have to basically go to war with the entire Middle East

wipe them off the face off the earth

This means kill/execute them all right? By any means necessary...correct? Ground forces, airstrikes, drones, land mines, tactical nukes...all that good stuff. And "them" means everybody- soldiers, men, women & children...otherwise there will be a new generation of fanatics in a few short years.

Let's not be vague. Not that I disagree with any of the above but how do we justify genocide? Are we there yet?

edit on 8/20/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

They do it in my streets.
RIP Rigby.

Thing is I got a feeling this is all part of some bigger plan...
Maybe WW3 will be a religious war.
Dunno just got a bad feeling something is afoot!.

I share your grief on Rigby.

I am a duel Citizen. orb and raised in Bristol, England but my whole family are cockneys (Eastend) moved to Canada 7 years ago. I know all to well the issues in London, and England in general. With ya bro,

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned that IS has a quote .. "professional" media branch to it?

Kind of like the "Greeting from the IS" video they put on youtube recently, almost like a sort of emigration advertisement?

They apparently have the cameras and the people to operate them, as well as "professional" editors.

Though I hate to use that word when describing anyone affiliated with that group.

Also, a theory on the video: They might not have released the unedited footage publicly in the hopes that more still shots of it, more stories of it, and even the video itself.. might end up on more websites, forums, social media, and even mainstream news. More exposure is gained this way apparently.

And then there's word of mouth .. "Dude, have you seen that video? it's not too bad.. they don't show the actual beheading. Check it out."

It seems like this is an attempt at a new style of terror video, specifically suited toward the Western world, to maximize the chilling effect of the contents to the maximum number of people. As much of the barbarians that they are, they do have an agenda and political goals.
edit on 8/20/2014 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead

Problematic. As the whole f'ed up situation seems to be. But I agree that "winning the hearts and minds" of fanatics and their families is impossible.

go to Iraq/send in every single one of these units

There really are no boundaries that ISIS recognizes so we'd have to basically go to war with the entire Middle East

wipe them off the face off the earth

This means kill/execute them all right? By any means necessary...correct? Ground forces, airstrikes, drones, land mines, tactical nukes...all that good stuff. And "them" means everybody- soldiers, men, women & children...otherwise there will be a new generation of fanatics in a few short years.

Let's not be vague. Not that I disagree with any of the above but how do we justify genocide? Are we there yet?

Very good point..

I think its at a point where its not about protecting USA security, or Canadian security, or British security etc but WORLD security.

I just don't know...i really don't know.. that fact is i stick to my comment of wiping them of the face of the earth (radicalists that is) and as for innocents....does all war have casulities? as cruel and heartless as it sounds.

there is a part of me that really believes. simply this. I want radical islam/ISIS gone. and i don't care how its done...but that at the same times goes against of lot of my morals.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Walkingsenseless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Obama doesn’t have the guts for this fight. He still wants to mess around in Syria.

He should form a coalition and fight ISIL in Iraq and Syria.

The thing here is that if Obama had the ability of the first Bush how he created that coalition to defeat Saddam’s aggression against Kuwait we would already be mopping them up burying them in the desert.

They have no country to return to.

Their sitting ducks now, but as long as Obama dithers they embed themselves more in those communities and then become harder to get at.

Also as long as he dithers people suffer at the hands of these swine.

Here if there ever was a moral case for action this is it. You can’t have any crazier, savagery and barbarism in this medieval crew of terrorist.
Even the pope says it’s got to be done.

These guys are something especially evil

Someone the devil doesn’t even want.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You what this your comment made me think off.

The idea i have is that the USA not only dislikes but are embarrassed by your last President mr G.W.Bush. However, I am curious what people would think of him now and that fact that if he was still President...he would have been in Iraq fighting the hell out of ISIS by now...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There are something’s in life that is horrible choices but have to be done.

A total all out war to exterminate ISIL is unavoidable.

It is still the price we are paying for the stupid act of going to war against Iraq in the first place. George Bush and Cheney were warned by sober heads that this is what he would open up.

But the cat is out of the bag, hell has been opened up, and all the antiwar fever that grips America has to unfortunately be forgotten because even if we have to fight a world war we have no choice at this point.

We could blame the NWO, the globalist, the Mossad all we want, but these—possible to some degree or another conspiracy theories—are water under the bridge at this point.

The reality facing us demands that we do a worldwide coalition, to exterminate ISIL, and do it fast, unlike the usual simple-minded dithering that Obama undertakes.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with the Foley family? They seem VERY weird. I can't believe the father was up there joking and laughing. The mother sounds like a kook!!!! I mean they want passion for the captors? What the hell is wrong with Americans nowadays? WTF??????? These parents and their son just stand there without any hint of loss or emotion making jokes, smiling, laughing………and they want to have mercy on their captors? Very weird! YOUR SON WAS JUST BEHEADED!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The thing here is that if Obama had the ability of the first Bush h

Bush's F up's in ME policy and the previous presidents dateing back to Regan is why ISIS exist in the first place

Obama just carrying on the cycle of incompetence.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join