It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police set up protest zone in Ferguson

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) - Authorities are setting up a designated protest zone for nightly demonstrations in Ferguson, Missouri.

The plan was announced Monday by St. Louis County police. Spokesman Brian Schellman says authorities are encouraging peaceful protesters to stay in the zone.

But it wasn't clear what would happen to those who refuse to go into the designated area along West Florissant Avenue, where the majority of protests have occurred.

ksdk

At this point I really don't know what to say.
They have had the media in the pins and now the rest of us.
Any one have issues with this?
Think its a good idea?
What do you think is going to happen tonight?
edit on 18-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The national guard mp's are setting up the zones:

Watch live here
globalrevolution

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

And don't think you won't be manhandled, shoved in the back of the ol paddy wagon and hauled off either.

Just ask this Getty photographer arrested an hour or so ago.

Can't have pictures leaking out showing what's going down on the ground in Ferguson. No matter what you believe about the incident itself, these asinine "zones" are an affront to our freedom and nobody should stand for it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It looks like we're in for another rough night.

They're cracking down on journalists and they will crack down on anyone who does not comply with the plan.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Protester report snipers on the roof of local grocery store. Seem confirmed, or observers not sure witch.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if personal drones were overflying the street, with video cameras attached, but directed/flown remotely from one of the approved "protest zones"?

And, for the record, I don't remember anything in the 1st amendment allowing interfering with the right to free speech and assembly.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

edit on 8/18/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

link   
Armour Cars and hostage and rescue teams showing up....... and buses

link   

As an American citizen I approve of neither the zones of protest, nor the press "green zone". A protest is an act of defiance, peaceful yes, but defiant nevertheless. When we protest, we are demonstrating and expressing our disagreement with some aspect or actor of authority whom we perceive to have committed some intrusion into our lives or offense against our well being or freedom. Allowing those against whom one is protesting to define the parameters of one's organized outcry seems to me rather self-defeating. Speaking to movement restrictions on journalists, the government seems to have clearly abridged freedom of the press in Ferguson. The First Amendment remains in effect, right?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I saw the Hostage Rescue Team truck roll in via the Global Revolution stream. Just WTH are they expecting to go down tonight? o.O That seems like, well, it seems eerie.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Why not just call it a freedom box.

It's like a mean game of block tag and you are only safe in your freedom box. You are free to move within your box maggot.

I wonder if I can patent the freedom box and sell it at Walmart. Different sizes at different fees, proceeds goes towards the purchase of rubber bullets.

FREEDOM BOX:

"The bigger the box, the bigger your freedom. "

edit on 18-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
They are being strategically corralled, herded and compartmentalized.

All part of the plan by the Progressive Masters with support of the Progressive Scriptors, Progressive Activists, Progressive Puppets & Scapegoats, and confused Progressive supporters & sheeped victims.

Very Dangerous.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Shimon Prokupecz ‏@ShimonPro 30m
About 10 humvees now at the #ferguson command center. Most are Military Policeman one of them tells me.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Mandy St. Amand ‏@mandystlpd now
In #Ferguson, FAA extends restrictions on news helicopters to provide safe environment for police: tfr.faa.gov...
St. Louis, MO

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

No where in the Bill of Rights does it require designated protest zones.

The real deal: ↓

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If any of you have ever gone to large events you would know this is correct procedure. I don't like it so I stay home where I can use the restroom whenever I want.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Molly Hennessy-FiskeVerified account ‏@mollyhf

Man hanging out roses at protest #ferguson

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

And don't think you won't be manhandled, shoved in the back of the ol paddy wagon and hauled off either.

Just ask this Getty photographer arrested an hour or so ago.

Can't have pictures leaking out showing what's going down on the ground in Ferguson. No matter what you believe about the incident itself, these asinine "zones" are an affront to our freedom and nobody should stand for it.

That is a load of bull, just look at any of the live links in this very thread, all you see are people with cameras and reporters. The streets are lined with them.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Not bull, he really was arrested for not moving along when they told him to.

Guardian article on it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't remember anything in the 1st amendment allowing interfering with the right to free speech and assembly.

Looks like DHS is going to have to update the "Constitutional free" map.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join