It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Getty Photographer Arrested In Ferguson

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just saw this on live TV and it's being tweeted about by Gizmodo writer, Matt Novak. Here's a screen cap of his tweet:

larger image

Dangerous photographers taking those dangerous pictures. Clearly they need to be locked up for not staying in the corrals! The authorities in Missouri sure have a knack for making an already bad situation worse.

Here's the link to Instagram from the tweet.

EDIT:
At least the ridiculous curfew was lifted.

hitting the MSM outlets now:

HuffPost
The Guardian
edit on 2014-8-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Police States of 'Merica!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is the bigger issue. Overhanded tactics of the police force. I thought this was a free country. Why would you arrest a photographer or journalist or reporter in a free city in a free county in a free state in a free country?

Something to hide? THIS is why nobody trusts the police.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
This is the bigger issue. Overhanded tactics of the police force. I thought this was a free country. Why would you arrest a photographer or journalist or reporter in a free city in a free county in a free state in a free country?

Something to hide? THIS is why nobody trusts the police.

Exactly! We're supposed to trust the same people who are harassing and arresting the press and protesters to conduct a fair investigation? I'm all for stopping looting, but unless this guy just came out of the broken window of a camera shop with all these cameras, he's OBVIOUSLY just doing his job. A job that just so happens to be critical to maintaining a free society.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The horror of that man assaulting those glorious protector's eyes with flashes of light and ears with clicking noise!

The rights of journalists ends where the lawman's begins, after all some of them could be of the spiritual belief that a photograph steals a part of your soul.
edit on 18-8-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Funny how so many people fall all over themselves to justify the police actions against the protesters because of looters or rioters, but say nothing of how journalists are equally under assault.

Don't want any real pictures or footage, do we?

Apparently, even in daytime, journalists are now being assigned a 'special' spot....step outside and you risk arrest.

Protestors can protest if they 'move' around. Stop and you risk arrest.

Madness.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I saw that it came out that he was arrested for stopping for a minute to talk to someone that was passing by on a bike.

He's not the first one arrested, and it's obvious that they are trying to target journalists so that there is less coverage coming out that might incite more problems.

It's a pretty common procedure, isn't it? First thing that happens is removing the ability for people to know what is going on.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Funny how so many people fall all over themselves to justify the police actions against the protesters because of looters or rioters, but say nothing of how journalists are equally under assault.

Don't want any real pictures or footage, do we?

Apparently, even in daytime, journalists are now being assigned a 'special' spot....step outside and you risk arrest.

Protestors can protest if they 'move' around. Stop and you risk arrest.

Madness.

Not exactly confidence-inspiring is it?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I cannot believe anybody is attempting to justify anything the occupation force is doing simply because of the looting. They are arresting the press - they fired tear gas at AL Jazeera and many other news outlets and have seized their equipment.

The entirety of America should be marching at this point. If you support this occupation force you are the enemy. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TurtleSmacker

The horror of that man assaulting those glorious protector's eyes with flashes of light and ears with clicking noise!

The rights of journalists ends where the lawman's begins, after all some of them could be of the spiritual belief that a photograph steals a part of your soul.

Or perhaps they are of the spiritual belief that spilling blood could gratify their God. Six in one, half a dozen in the other I suppose.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

all i gotta say is well, tracy said it better

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You`re either part of the problem or part of the solution,
The police are trying to get a explosive situation under control,if that reporter doesn`t want to be cooperative then he`s part of the problem and needs to be arrested.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
The police are trying to get a explosive situation under control,if that reporter doesn`t want to be cooperative then he`s part of the problem and needs to be arrested.

xD so the problem was reporting the facts ? Yeah the cops in this town seem good to hide the fact xD ( they only release info to make them look good, the rob video, hide the 1st autopsy, radio call etc etc )

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

These repugnant "zones" that keep popping up were created to silence the voice of the people and now they are boxing in the press to make sure that nobody can get pictures of them doing it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I thought this was a free country. Why would you arrest a photographer or journalist or reporter in a free city in a free county in a free state in a free country?

That is use to be Pre patriot act Now ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶r̶y̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶g̶r̶a̶p̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶
̶j̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶l̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶c̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶r̶y̶?̶ ̶

Use to be free only When they want you to think your free paying taxes working buying consumer products or while you supporting the status quo
edit on Monday201439314983106America/Chicago18 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This has such a contrived feel to it now, exactly as though all the elements needed for this to go in the desired contrived direction are being controlled and manipulated, somewhat akin to the way 9/11 fit into a larger picture. After the US not long ago loudly criticized Russia for controlling and removing freedom of the press, then one would rightly expect the POTUS to step right in and reverse this situation at once, but so far nothing. Wake up!

One thing I've noticed, but could be wrong about: Where are all the Iphone pics and vids that one would normally expect to see coming out of such a situation? Is it because the poor cannot afford such luxuries that this unbalanced-in -representation area was zeroed in on, just waiting for something to happen and so it could be exploited to fit a greater agenda? My Spidey senses are screaming 'Yes'.
edit on 18-8-2014 by aboutface because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here's but a few of Scott Olson's pictures that have appeared in news outlets in the last few days:

Washington Post

The Telegraph

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Listen to yourself spouting such nonsense. He's part of the problem because in broad daylight he has to remain in a corral? Utter bull-puckies. I can see them telling reporters to stay away from command central, but to remain in a corral gives an entirely different message, and it is not a good one.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Nah, they are suppressing our constitutional rights to assemble, protest and report on it. Arrest the looters not the reporters.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security." -Benjamin Franklin

The looting and rioting should not be used as an excuse to use blanket measures and stifle protesting. If they wanted to prevent looting and rioting, they should post officers at businesses and other areas at risk.

I fully support all efforts to curb looting going on in the area. The small percentage of people doing the looting are simply taking advantage of the whole situation for their own gain. But attacking peaceful protesters and arresting journalists is just wrong. This is not how things are (supposed to be) done in America.

<<   2  3 >>

join