It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is a thigh bone not a thigh bone? When it's a rock on Mars!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Here's the bone from the other leg:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Good find, and a very similar look to this one. Now we need a hip bone to attach the things to. Pretty soon dem bones gonna, dance around.

To funbox:

Yes, I've been a little concerned about the boat carrying your payment as well, and have asked people to look into it, and they assure me all is well and sent a current pic. From the looks of it It'll be there in a jiffy, no worries:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Good find, and a very similar look to this one. Now we need a hip bone to attach the things to. Pretty soon dem bones gonna, dance around.

Funbox was looking at some pieces that might be hip bones. They're harder to identify if the pelvic bone is all busted up. They'll just look like flattened out, broken pieces of stuff. Like this:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 27-8-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Based on a visual inspection from the images it is not possible to deliver a verdict either way. It's certainly the boniest looking object I've seen on Mars.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HotblackDesiato

Nice find. It sure looks like a bone to me and I have never come across rocks that look so close to a bone as this one in the pic does. It could belong to a mammal or a dinosaur bone. For them to have been on Earth, its not too far a jump for their species to have been on another nearby planet when it was a wet, lower gravity planet. I think we won't know unless they can take the bone and have it analyzed. I believe it will have to be a manned mission, but advanced drone type technology could possibly in the future be exploited in space vehicles that may be able to land and bring samples back. A drone would not be considered a threat to the Astronauts from radiation.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join