It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real or not real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
www.paranormics.com...

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 18/8/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: warren408

You need to do a search before you post. There are dozens of old threads on this subject. Here's one from 2005: BBC Transmitter Hijacked in 1977??

Also, you need to have some more information than just posting a link. What are your thoughts on the subject? Just trying to help you out. You won't generate much interest in your threads if you don't provide any info besides a link.

As for the transmission, I believe it's somebody with a great imagination fooling around.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It's funny I heard this for the first time last week, I honestly don't know how I haven't heard of this before then. This seems like a big case and no one has come forward claiming it was a hoax.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Max headroom 1987?? Also not real

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I always thought that when I was a kid back in the 70's that in space there were aliens and they were spiritual. I thought maybe ufo's could go faster than the speed of light. I thought alot of these things after reading the bible, creation, kings, proverbs, romans, matthew, isiah. They talk about their rules, spiritual, basically it's evil definetly and invasion.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Reviving old threads is worse imo than posting a repost. At least a repost might spin up new conversation with new participants, but an old post is like a massive tome of dated topics, the contributors long having moved on, and wading through 27 pages of comments from 2011 is no fun at all.

I don't understand the mentality of BBSers. Could you imagine in life if everytime you tried to churn up a conversation, you first had to have each speaker sit down and read the comments every person has ever made on the subject from the dawn of time? That is basically the impression I get from BBSers when they tell newbs that they should search the dead post archive before they dare to post a subject on these pristine boards.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: warren408
www.paranormics.com...

What do you think ?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Reviving old threads is worse imo than posting a repost. At least a repost might spin up new conversation with new participants, but an old post is like a massive tome of dated topics, the contributors long having moved on, and wading through 27 pages of comments from 2011 is no fun at all.

Reading old posts may not be fun, but having fellow forum users re-post replies to a topic that has been discussed for several pages already is worse. Who knows, those replies may answer many of the questions the new person has....without wasting everyone's time.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gavron

Well, any good investigator should read the forums and search the forums in addition to their other activities, I can agree to that premise, but personally, if I had a desire to churn up new conversation on a subject, I would post a new post over reviving a post that was even as old as a week past the last comment on the older thread.

Were I to use these forums for the next several years and I saw repeatedly similar posts and I wanted to contribute without rehashing what I've already said, I would simply link my older comments to the new thread. It does two things, it points out the fact that there is an archive that can be searched withtout blatantly stating that reposts are unwarranted, and it effectively communicates the information.

Personally, from my experience, posting a question on a forum is pretty much useless anyway. You are better off stating an opinion than asking a question. Stating an opinion, even if it is wrong, will motivate the knowers of the correct answer to provide you with that information a higher percentage of the time than asking a question will. The key is not being emotionally invested in your own reputation enough to care if you've opined wrongly in the past.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

www.paranormics.com...

Its a real link. I can tell by how BLUE it is.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

www.paranormics.com...

What do you think ?

yes, I think so, though I am not certain. Probably but who knows
edit on 18-8-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
heres my take on it...

For many years now you have seen us as lights in the skies.

We speak to you now in peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet earth.
We come to warn you of the destiny of your race and your worlds so that BLAH BLAH BLAJH BLAH

This to me is 100% evidence that there is not an iota of human intelligence in the OP.

in fact, he may be an alien.

DEAR GOD... THE OP IS AN ALIEN.

SPRINGER, GET THE BUG SPRAY!!!!! Oo

imjadedsogetoffthisbusyouguywithaferarri....

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If a live news cast was interrupted during the 70's, that would be hard for the average person to pull off. I have wrestled with whether this was real or not. My conclusion is that it is real. Hers why: There were five different inputs for that station, the message pertains to our collective future, and this part stuck with me "we are leaving your plane of existence". If Gramaha was communicating from the 5th plane or higher, then the "hack" may have been purely energetic in nature. This means that no security had to be breached physically.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

Ohh come on man.. humans cant do it, so Aliens must be?

Think brother.. think... maybe it was ghosts??

Didi I miss a sarcy bone? I might have.. Im off to the next stop now, where I meet myself and see how I went tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
always found it interesting, never proven a hoax. not easy to do back then.

no student prank here.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Not easy to do but also not impossible. Occam's razor. And a final thought... No one was expecting anyone to do it which made it ripe for someone to do it.

IRM

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I always thought that when I was a kid back in the 70's that in space there were aliens and they were spiritual. I thought maybe ufo's could go faster than the speed of light. I thought alot of these things after reading the bible, creation, kings, proverbs, romans, matthew, isiah. They talk about their rules, spiritual, basically it's evil definetly and invasion.

Why say the ufos are evil when you yourself are from humanity (I hope) which really can be evil? I've stood next to orbs and have had over flights of all kinds of craft, never harmed me. Humans on the other hand, especially those in power cause the deaths of millions and manipulate the rest. Where's the evil?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Why this message though? And on some random channel that most people wouldn't have seen, if not for the interruption. It was not our government, because they don't give a damn about the people. It was someone who actually cared about the outcome of our actions on this planet. Have we not fulfilled what this being said? Are we not destroying our selves and planet? How many these days actually listen to that inner voice that tells you something is not quite right? I do believe that there is a kind of Federation Of Worlds. Most likely they have been through the same ordeals we have created for ourselves. This would not be the first time wisdom was lowered to Earth from above. It most likely won't be the last. a reply to: sn0rch

edit on 18-8-2014 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

I don't understand the mentality of BBSers. Could you imagine in life if everytime you tried to churn up a conversation, you first had to have each speaker sit down and read the comments every person has ever made on the subject from the dawn of time? That is basically the impression I get from BBSers when they tell newbs that they should search the dead post archive before they dare to post a subject on these pristine boards.

I was not trying to be an a-hole or shut down the OP's thread. I mentioned searching for previous threads because it may help to answer some questions the OP had or help to form some opinions of his/her own. I am fairly new to ATS and I have learned that I can find a great deal of information by doing a search before posting my thread. I didn't say NOT to post on an old topic. However, if you are going to bring up an old topic, provide some info or point of view in the OP to generate some new discussion. Don't just post a link and say "GO!"

I did the same thing a few times when starting out and got flamed pretty hard for it. Just trying to help the OP out for future threads.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Not saying you were being an a-hole or that you weren't be helpful in your initiation of a newb. My commentary was merely on the traditional BBS values that I find to be illogical. It was not meant to be a personal criticism or attack on your person.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join