It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abaddon / Apollyon - Angel of Destruction and Adonai (Jesus)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In Hebrew, the root word Father is spelled AB (Aleph Bet), or Father. Abba is Father and can often proceed another word to show a family title. For instance, Abimelech is Father of the King, with Melech meaning king and Ab meaning father. I was pondering this the other day and noticed that Abaddon may carry the same meaning. For a complete rundown on who Abaddon is, consult this WIKI.

Adon is the Phoenician form of Lord, or son of Deity. Adonis is the central figure in the mystery cults of the ancient world. Here is what the WIKI on Adonis states:

The Greek Ἄδωνις (Greek pronunciation: [ádɔːnis]), Adōnis was a borrowing from the Semitic word ʼadōn, meaning "lord",[2] which is related to Adonai, one of the names used to refer to the god (אֲדֹנָי) of the Hebrew Bible and still used in Judaism to the present day. Syrian Adonis is Gauas[3] or Aos, akin to Egyptian Osiris, the Semitic Tammuz and Baal Hadad, the Etruscan Atunis and the Phrygian Attis, all of whom are deities of rebirth and vegetation (see life-death-rebirth deity).

Going back to Abaddon, we have the definition of Father of Adonai, or the son from the Father. It is interesting to note that Jesus was never referred to as YHVH (LORD) in the New Testament, but always Adonai, the Son of God. Again from the WIKI:

The myth of the death and rebirth of Adonis has featured prominently in a variety of cultural and artistic works. Giovan Battista Marino's masterpiece, Adone, published in 1623, is a long, sensual poem, which elaborates the myth of Adonis, and represents the transition in Italian literature from Mannerism to the Baroque. Percy Bysshe Shelley wrote the poem Adonais for John Keats, and uses the myth as an extended metaphor for Keats' death.

The question of the day is this: why was Jesus referred to as Adonai? Why is Abaddon featured prominently as the Angel from the Pit that destroys? Why is there a clear connection to Abaddon as the Father of Adonai?

If you read my first Thread on the secrets of the Father, Mother and Son in relation to DNA (FOUND HERE - Secrets Hidden in the Letters of Creation), you will find the related questions of this thread interesting by comparison. Clearly, there is a story underneath the text of the Bible that is hidden from us. It is my contention that we can find the answers to this enigma if we examine the symbolism of Phoenician letters as they relate to the language used in the Bible.

I would be interested to hear what others have to say about this verse below in relation to the definition of the word Abaddon / Apollyon.

Revelation 9

7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. 8 Their hair was like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10 They had tails with stingers, like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).

Consider this verse set from 1 Corinthians as a comparison to the aims of the Father and Son to remove authority on Earth from Sin and Death (Satan).

1 Corinthians 15

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Note the part that states that God the Father will destroy dominion, authority and power to reign.

My next thread will cover the Cyrus Cylinder Seal and its relation to YHVH and Marduk. I believe the cylinder seal reveals a connection to YHVH and what has been mentioned above about Abaddon.

edit on 17-8-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Very interesting. I'll have to watch for more.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Very intersing. Ty for posting.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Galatians 4:19

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

I was looking for other names of God and came across this:

El Shaddai WIKI

The root word "shadad" (שדד) means "to overpower" or "to destroy". This would give Shaddai the meaning of "destroyer", representing one of the aspects of God, and in this context it is essentially an epithet. The meaning of Shaddai may go back to the original sense of "shadad" which was "to be strong" akin to Arabic "shadiid" (شديد) "strong".

Aleph also means strong and is the first letter of the name for Father. Bet is the second letter of Abba, meaning house. Together, Father is a strong house.

Clearly, there is a connection to Abaddon and Adoani. There are many people who believe the Devil to be Abaddon. This would place the son of Abaddon as the Lord deceiving the nations. Am I stating that Jesus is a deception of Satan? Not quite. I believe the story of the Son of God to be one of a son growing up to be Redeemer. None of us can clam to know the whole truth until the parts of the story are defined for us. Until then, we must search out the truth. Consider this quote from Job.

Job 19

25 I know that my redeemer[c] lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.[d]
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[e] in[f] my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,[g]’
29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.

Job's topic here is the Redeemer, who he also calls the root of the trouble. In other words, the root of the trouble was when the LORD created in Genesis 2 and Adam fell. In Genesis 1, Elohim created with no restrictions to the garden and mankind was BOTH male and female. When YHVH created in Genesis 2, he slit Adam and restricted the fruit. The question is, who is the Lord YHVH. Luke 3 answers this.

Luke 3 Genealogy

37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch,

the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel,

the son of Kenan, 38 the son of Enosh,

the son of Seth, the son of Adam,

the son of God.

Note that the Son of God created Adam. This places the LORD as the identity of the first Adam and then the last Adam of the person of Jesus Christ. In other words, the bread (crushed seed) that comprises mankind is engaged by the Son of God, or LORD of the OT.

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.

If you are perplexed by this, join the crowd. We are given these words of God with no definitions. Lacking the presuppositions of this story, we have no idea how to differentiate the characters (good from bad). As the Bible states, "12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

What is the message of Revelation? The nations are deceived. What part does religion play in this deception? Who engages war? Who is the adversary of man? Who is the accuser of man in the Old Testament? Clearly the Lord spends much time condemning mankind. Why? Knowing the identity of the LORD in relation to Jesus is where I plan to head in future threads.

Who comes to steal, kill and destroy? Who are the Father and Son? Who is their enemy? Why is man caught in the middle of their war? Clearly, war on Earth is a mirror of what is going on above us on another plane of existence. I have no good answers to these questions. I would be interested to hear what others have to say. Feel free to establish connections, but don't condemn me for asking hard questions.

We are all in this together.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

"People get ready... There's a train a-coming."

edit on 17-8-2014 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

For a complete rundown on who Abaddon is, consult this WIKI.
It says,

The Septuagint, an early Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, renders "abaddon" as "ἀπώλεια," . . .
This is a form that is not found in the New Testament.
I have a couple (not nearly enough) lexicons of the Septuagint, so the word is in there, and it means exactly the same thing as the NT version of the word, destroyer.
The Septuagint version is more a name, being in the feminine nominative case.
The Greek word in Revelation 9:11 is in the participle, active form, so seems less like a name to me but more a descriptive term, "the one who destroys", as if that was the defining aspect of this particular entity.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

"Now if we put the Phi spiral inside a tetrahedron and then slowly revolve it around a pivot axis, and shine a light from behind the Phi spiral, all of the Hebrew..."

The Book Genesis

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Americanist

The link you post is interesting and reminds me of a fact. There are many of us that are finding hidden items from the Bible, but there are few that listen to the information. There is something blocking people from hearing. This is evident. It goes back to what I have said many times.

Ear in Hebrew is seed, like an ear of corn. The ear opens in soil. Adding a Hey to ear and you get Hear.

To hear, a person must have good soil. Adding a Tav to Hear, you get Heart, or the soil receiving the seed. This can be confirmed by simply moving the Hey to the end of the word Heart. You get Earth, or the literal soil.

I believe that a day is coming when all of these discoveries will be revealed to all eyes and ears. Some of us are understanding early.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Once you get past the music videos you'll find the following.

Originally posted: Dec 10, 2007

On our faces: A Map of the World...

Unified Theory for the Universal Structure: System of Truth

Americanists

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I believe that there are two sides that are battling here. It is hard to explain but there are many clues and signs that point this out. There is the the poiseidon that had five sets of twin boys. I think what is not told is that they did not all live in the same world and they could go back and forth. This thought can clear up some confusion of our understanding. You have paul and saul apollos and apollon there are more and more examples. I think both worlds knew that at some point the worlds would collide and it was necessary to have history from both sides recorded in the same books.

One side is immersed in red light and represents our past and the yearning for things to be like the begining and then there is the blue light that represents our future of technology. Some including myself long for our future to be simular to the past in that nature exist in it's pure state and we live in harmony with it. The thing i believe to be true is that all this has been done before many times over and those futuristic worlds exist out there but worlds where man and animal live in harmony do not exist in the future. It almost boils down to star wars vrs star trek.lol

Oe can view the red light as fire and love and the blue light as plasma or progression. It is not hard to trace our eveloution from the flame of fire to the spark of electricity and the impact that has on our lives and world. We all have input givin to us by both sides and most favor one side or the other. The thing each side wants is complete majority over our lives and they both believe that in order to take us to the future they must be dominate over us. One side believes the other needs to be gone in order to "win". We are all sheep wondering is it better to be led by someone that uses fear or love. I think the answer is one that no one expects because one can wield the other but not vice versa. A sheep in wolves clothing does not do much good in the long run but the lion can harness both love and fear. I know this will not make a whole lot of sense. Thanks for your threads.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Waiting
In the calm of desolation
Wanting to break
From this circle of confusion

Sleeping
In the depths of isolation
Trying to wake
From this daydream of illusion

It challenges the essence of my soul
Leaves me in a state of disconnection
As I navigate the maze of self control

Playing a lion being led to a cage
I turn from a thief to a beggar
From a god to God save me.

"We live in the World of theater where even the actors don't know they're acting."

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Why is Christ referred to as the morning star? So many questions.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Americanist Seems likely that we came here to feel. With all the longing we do to not be influenced by feelings i think that in another place we just wanted to feel so alive.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Why is Christ referred to as the morning star? So many questions.

We lack the presuppositions to know what is being discussed. I firmly believe that the Bible is not for men, but for those above. Of course, we are also likely the ones above as well. Matthew 18 seems to suggest a type of Matrix entanglement between the child below and the Angel above.

Matthew 18

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

This is the parable of the wandering sheep. It's also the answer to the question of who is greatest in the Kingdom. Jesus shows them that the rank is not nearly as important as becoming a child, which is where the Angel resides here below.

Again, we don't really have a view of the other side to know how this works. We are left to speculate. Many have suggested that morning star is Lucifer. There are references to those who shine all over scripture and in the book of Enoch. A star that rises in the heart is referenced with Christ as the one who illuminates the heart so the child can rise back to his former estate.

Baptism is an ancient concept of immersion to rise to new life. It's older reference is involution and evolution.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Excellent work, S&F!

Consider the Apocalypse of Bartholomew, it has Abbadon appearing as soon as Jesus resurrected. Why is the destroyer appearing as Jesus resurrects? I think because the myth of Jesus literally rising from the dead brings destruction just as we see today all around the world.

This myth only exists to keep people complacent and ignorant to their own true nature in my opinion. The bible speaks in enigmas to hide those enigmas true meanings.

Before Jesus resurrected is where your attention should be as Bartholomew hints to. The resurrected Jesus is Abbadon, the Jesus who spoke in the gospels before his death is the true Son.

Jesus is a representation of what we all are and what we can all become, true children of light. We can all be one with the Father. Revelation speaks of the corruption of Jesus and his message. The Woman and the Dragon speaks of this in detail.
edit on 8/17/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The OP reminds me of some gnostic texts that stated that the god of the OT was a false god, as proved by his tendency towards violence and jealousy and vengeance, and that Jesus came to deliver the Jews by preaching to them of the real universal creator.

Obviously these gnostic texts never made it to the Bible. The gnostics were decimated by constant Roman persecutions all the way up until Constantine, and then the persecutions continued, now against heretics (ie gnostics) of the "true" Christianity established by Rome.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BridgebyaFountain

Fascinating idea. Could you share some links elaborating this, that is readable?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

I read several gnostic texts in this book: www.amazon.com...

"Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament" by Bart D. Ehrman.

Look at the table of contents in the Amazon book preview and you'll see a lot of ancient texts (all New Testament-era) that didn't make it into the canonical NT. Some of the gospels that were left out are gnostic, but the most heavily gnostic stuff as I recall were the revelation/apocalypse texts.

I don't remember much about these by their names, but if you search for them online there's a good chance you can find the complete text for all of them:

- The Shepherd of Hermas
- The Apocalypse of Peter
- The Apocalypse of Paul
- The Secret Book of John
- On the Origin of the World
- The First Thought in Three Forms
- The Hymn of the Pearl

I was a while ago that I read this book but from what I remember, one of these is a graphic description of the Christian hell, which is where the idea of a torturous place where the devil just takes pleasure in tormenting you forever comes from. "On the Origin of the World" and "The First Thought in Three Forms" are very heavily symbolic, metaphysical gnostic texts that talk about false gods coming to rule over the world.

One of the epistles, I want to say either "Ptolemy's Letter to Flora," the "Homilies of Clement," or "The Letter of Barnabas" -- one of these also discuss the god of the Old Testament being a false god who Jesus was sent to correct the teachings of.

Anyway most of these epistles are fairly short, just like the small epistles that were included in the NT, and if you can find them online you could read through all three of them fairly quickly. I hope this helps.

I found a website with the texts from the Nag Hammadi discovery posted on it for you.

On the Origin of the World: gnosis.org...

Now when the heavens had consolidated themselves along with their forces and all their administration, the prime parent became insolent. And he was honored by all the army of angels. And all the gods and their angels gave blessing and honor to him. And for his part, he was delighted and continually boasted, saying to them, "I have no need of anyone." He said, "It is I who am God, and there is no other one that exists apart from me." And when he said this, he sinned against all the immortal beings who give answer. And they laid it to his charge.

Then when Pistis saw the impiety of the chief ruler, she was filled with anger. She was invisible. She said, "You are mistaken, Samael," (that is, "blind god"). "There is an immortal man of light who has been in existence before you, and who will appear among your modelled forms; he will trample you to scorn, just as potter's clay is pounded. And you will descend to your mother, the abyss, along with those that belong to you. For at the consummation of your (pl.) works, the entire defect that has become visible out of the truth will be abolished, and it will cease to be, and will be like what has never been." Saying this, Pistis revealed her likeness of her greatness in the waters. And so doing, she withdrew up to her light.

And here is The First Thought in Three Forms (Trimorphic Protennoia): gnosis.org...

These two texts are a little longer. The epistles I mentioned earlier I think are not so long, and they're very interesting.
edit on 19-8-2014 by BridgebyaFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I see a major hole in this particular theory that is a 'deal breaker' for me, and that is spelling. While the modern phonetic pronunciation of the words 'ab(a)ddon' and 'ad(o)n(a)i' are the same, the spelling of the two words are totally different.

[Note: for those who know nothing about hebrew, it has no existing vowels in its alphabet. At one point, when the world spoke one language, vowel placement was a given. As the language was passed down, vowel placement was learned by recitation of metered psalms. Today, we used the Masoretic vowel points to know how the ancient hebrew words are to be pronounced. While I consider this to be a very accurate perservation of the text, by no means do I think it is flawless. I have used ()'s markings in my transliterations of 'ab(a)ddon' and 'ad(o)n(a)i' to indicate where the vowel points exists without expected lettering.]

Ad(o)n(a)i (Hebrew: יָנֹדֲא) is "aleph-dalet-nun-yod".

Ab(a)ddon Hebrew: ןֹוּדַבֲא) is "aleph-bet-dalet-waw-nun"

The only reason the words are pronounced so similarly is due to the Masoretic vowel points. I have found in my studies that the vowel points are not alway correct. Therefore, 'ab(a)ddon' could be 'abdon', and 'ad(o)n(a)i' could be 'adni'. Now, I tend to think that in this case, the vowel points are correct. I usually only question whether or not a sheva should be pronounced.

Regardless of how you want to pronounce the words, you cannot escape the fact that 'ad(o)n(a)i' has no 'waw' to create the 'o' sound.

So its 'ab(a)ddon' against 'adn(a)i'.

Then, there is no second 'aleph' in 'ab(a)ddon' to compare it with 'ad(o)nai'.

So its 'ad(o)n(a)i' against 'abdon'.

I think it goes without saying that by no means is Jesus the Son of God identified with Abaddon.

Abaddon is the angel-human hybrid, Nimrod ben Cush, the founder of Nineveh. When he returns from the Abyss, he will rule as the Antichrist once again from Nineveh (Zephaniah 2:13-15).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join