It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Officer Darren Wilson Receive A Fair Trial?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
As a non American I assume in America receiving a fair trial is a Constitutional Right.

At this point, isn't it impossible for Officer Darren Wilson to receive a fair trial, and thus breaking his Constitutional Right?

let me elaborate.

It has come to the point that the people of Ferguson, generally the African-American community want justice, and they want it now. Due to their actions and the events that have transpired, the police and the TPTB in the State and city are going to want to give it to them. Lets be honest there is no way they are going to accept anything else other than "justice" and "justice" in their eyes is that Officer Darren Wilson is guilty, no question, no debate. is simply as justice = Officer Darren Wilson arrested, charged and convicted; they are not interested in a trial.

But lets be honest, we do not know what happened. We were not there. the ONLY person who is aware of what transpired in its entirety is Officer Darren Wilson. Yes there are witnesses, but are we foolish enough to believe that every witness is going to tell the truth, or whose statement is perfectly accurate? especially now!! - Imagine if you were a witness who witnessed something against Brown, would you want to come out and say it, knowing the community will crucify you, or accuse you of being paid off?

I think no matter what Officer Darren Wilson is going to be arrested, charged and convicted, regardless of what happened.Why? Simply because the ONLY way this will ever be made OK, according to the community is justice, but not justice if that means Officer Darren Wilson is innocent.

therefore, I think it is impossible for him to have an impartial and fair trial, thus breaking his Constitutional Right of a fair trial.

thoughts?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Walkingsenseless

They will need to move it to another area, this area is too biased at this point, both sides imo.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
All true, but are we to believe that Wilson is going to tell the truth?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

this guy has more to worry about than a fair trial he has a massive target painted on his back...his safest option would be transferring to a desk job in the heart of Alaska

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Jumping the gun, we don't even know if there will be charges. It's possible the Police and FBI will say it's a justified shooting. Let the facts get collected, if charges are warranted, they let a trial happen. You can find a unbiased jury.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The question will be if he Deserves one.

Also, even if he was granted a fair trial process outside the jurisdiction, will it really be fair? IMO...No. The higher ups have been known to pollute the waters in their favor...many times.

So if he was given one from the people, will it actually be fair to the people?

Another Paid vacation on the way I believe and nothing about that has ever been fair.

Peace

edit on 16-8-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Honest answer: They can move the trial to another location.

Rambling answer I want to give:
He will receive as fair a trial as any civilian. He will have all the people against him instead of (like a civilian) all the court system.

I mean, when the PA is a worker of the state, the cop witnesses (whose testimony is held above most) is an employee of the state, and the judge works for the state. The cards are stacked pretty well in his favor already.
edit on 16-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't think his trial would be fair.

My point is this.

They move the trial
Find a unbiased jury
TPTB will NOT let him be innocent. How they do it I don't know. an unbiased jury to us, doesn't mean it wasn't picked by them, a judge who is told what is what, evidence made against him etc etc.

the whole point is, if he is truly guilty he will go to jail without any hands guiding the way. if he is really innocent, he will be put in jail anyway, because the community in the area is only going to be happy if that is what is handed to him.

as for a justified shooting, even if that is what really should be announced, he will be really thrown under the bus for public satisfaction.

I really see him in a no win situation here.

maybe I'm wrong, and just over thinking this.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Walkingsenseless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

There is no proof he committed a crime, so please do not assume he will go on trial. Let's wait until the investigation is over .....as of now he has not been charged with a crime.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Few people ever receive a fair trial in America, though by the standards of most of history and the less inviting parts of the modern world I suppose it's closer than you'd expect to fair.

Regardless of how unfair the trial might be, I believe that it becomes fair by virtue of the fact that it's the exact same system that the officer had delivered others up to without qualms.

Furthermore, a change of venue would almost certainly be granted, and it would be in the interest of the people to allow that so as to avoid the outrage of a successful appeal in the unlikely event that justice is done. Furthermore I bet that this officer, if tried, will be tried by a mostly white jury regardless of venue, and that will most certainly work in his favor I'm sad to say.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Look what happened with Trayvon and George. That trial turned on Travyon's friend's testimony. George was acquitted. I think a fair trial can be done. It will not be done in St Louis County tho. Also, the media will get information one way or another. So, if the shooting has some justification I think Darren will get a fair trial.

The question that lingers is if Darren lost it and kept shooting. Then what type of sentence do you give him and where can you safely incarcerate him?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hypothetically, I would hope so though....just as I would if ANYONE were on trial for a serious crime.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

In the US your right to a "fair trial" is directly proportional to the amount of money you have, regardless of constitutionality. If you doubt this look into US prison statistics vs how many white collar criminals (like bankers) are prosecuted.

Cops are in a whole different class, they murder people at the drop of a hat and get paid vacations. If this is prosecuted and moved to another location for trial chances are the cop will still walk. Sorry to say the American justice system is almost completely broken and bought and paid for. Don't look for any justice here.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb
There's a good possibility he did lose it....but as I say, let's try not to assume things on either side. The MEDIA should not be trusted. To answer your question about where an officer would be incarcerated safely....protective custody.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I agree with your statement about class/money.....and that there are bad cops....but please don't paint all police officers with such a broad brush. These guys put their lives on the line every day, see things you NEVER want to see....for CRAP pay. There are good and bad in EVERY group.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To quote a famous movie line: " don`t worry son,we`ll give you a fair trial and THEN we`ll hang you"

Seriously though, if he goes to trial it will be fair enough.It will take some pretty strong evidence though,more than witness testimony, to bring him to trial.
The autopsy report will be the deciding factor,if the autopsy shows that brown wasn`t shot in the back,like many witnesses claim, then he won`t be charged because all the testimony from witnesses who say he was shot in the back will be discredited.They won`t even be called to testify.
If the autopsy report shows that Brown has gunshot residue on his hands,proving that he was trying to take the officers gun when it went off in the car, he won`t be charged.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If he would have followed regular procedure, he would not be in this situation. I don't know what set Officer Wilson off, but he should never have lost his temper like he did. The truth is somewhere between what he says and what the witnesses say, because the witnesses do not know everything that transpired. He should not have lost his temper, he should have called for backup and taken Brown into custody, not killed him. If he shot him once, that would be self defense, but he did go after him shooting. I believe the witnesses accounts on some of this stuff.

Can he get a fair trial, sure he can. The legal system has ways to do that. He will not have a fair trial in that location though.

He screwed up. Maybe lawyers can get him off on a technicality, but is that really justice? He did shoot an unarmed man more than once even though there was no threat from him anymore. That isn't appropriate behavior for a policeman.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The question also should be asked can Brown get justice. The vast majority of these cases the cops get off. Remember Rodney King. Amadou_Diallo

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Did the kid get a fair trial.... was my first thought .... Maybe the cop saved other lives by killing this 18 year old who already has proven by the video of the robbery he has no respect for other people's property...Bully, thief, and continue to progress to ?? et al ?

If it is politically inconvenient to not throw one of their own to the wolves they will do it in a heart beat IMO.. Just depends on the perceived outcome from their actions. IMO they will make much ado about justice and delay for a time until the emotions die down... delay some more... and more... right or wrong that is how I see it. With the many threats of wanting to kill Zimmerman he is still walking around.... The cop will probably live to a ripe old age.... also free..

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
None of us were there. The only people who know were those that were there....and there are two sides to every story. As I said there are bad cops and bad thugs....we should not be posting things as FACT....because all we have for info is media spin...and that's a crap source of info. BTW...I am not basing anything I say on race...just want everyone to know that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join