It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Officer Darren Wilson Receive A Fair Trial?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: StealthyKat
a reply to: JHumm

Yep....but if they are running toward you it's the opposite

Yeah.. but the kid was unarmed and on foot. The cop had a gun and a car. Let's not excuse him. It was unnecessary no matter how much of a dip# the kid was.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Cop...trial. huh?

Yeah, that doesn't generally happen in America when a cop kills anyone. When a cop kills a black man...forget it. Not going to happen.

Probably get a raise.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

The "kid" was bigger than most grown men.....and the way he intimidated the store clerk on the video showed he wasn't afraid to use aggression. I hate that he lost his life....but IF it's true he rushed the cop (notice I said IF)....the fact that he was unarmed means nothing. If a man that size ran at me, I would be forced to defend myself. Police really should wear cameras...it's the only way to know for sure. The whole thing is a tragedy.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: StealthyKat

Laying aside less lethal weapons for the moment, It is negligent of the police department to pay someone to physically take custody of people who are presumed innocent if he isn't able to handle himself in a physical confrontation, and it's negligent of the officer to initiate potentially hostile contact immediately rather than calling for backup if his assessment is that hostility would put him in a "me or him" situation where fatalities are likely. Smart competent cops have had long and successful careers without even carrying a gun, even in the wild west.

So why can't the best funded and equipped policing system in history not handle that challenge today with the most significant technical advantages any police force has ever had over the average person?

Does that excuse a potentially deadly unarmed assault if it really went that way? No. But that was a common and predictable contingency that could have been prepared to the benefit of everyone.

I dont know about your job, but things can go wrong in mine, and if somebody gets hurt because I don't know how to react I go directly to a drug test and then a meeting where the only agenda is whether I'm only fired or possibly getting sued or arrested.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
He'll get a fairer trial than MB got. They'll change the venue, I'm sure and he'll get what he gets.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Cops in America never have a fair trial, they always get off with whatever they did. If there is any conviction the sentence would be light and probably be more like a holiday for the cop.
We don't know what happened but 6-8 bullets in one supposedly unarmed suspect - this cop will have an unfair trial and he'll walk free of any responsibility for the incident.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Walkingsenseless

At this point, isn't it impossible for Officer Darren Wilson to receive a fair trial, and thus breaking his Constitutional Right?

Jumping the gun a bit. Unless it can be shown that Brown posed no threat to the officer, there's a lot of investigation to be done before any charges should be filed.

Some key pieces of evidence would help:

1) 911 call from the store (allegedly from customer, not owner)

2) Radio recording of officer (their radios should be such that they are sound activated, so should have picked up the officer's commands to Brown, etc.

3) Ensuring no videos of the actual incident exist, and if they do, share them.

4) Trying to determine a cohesive story from varying witness accounts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join