It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Civil War : News and Updates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I thought i would make a new thread for continuous updates on the Battle going on in Syria ..

Syria - SAA captures Mleiha, the gateway to Eastern Ghouta in rural Damascus

Damascus Countryside, Following months of operations against terrorists who had entrenched themselves in the town, the Syrian Arab Army established control of al-Mleiha in Damascus Countryside on Thursday, August 14.
Syrian Arab Army units, assisted by civil defense groups, managed to carry out the task of restoring security and stability to al-Mleiha and the surrounding farms in the Eastern Ghouta area.

Also there are clashes between ISIS and FSA around Aleppo after AlNusra retreated to IDLIB and left FSA out in the cold

also

IS breached Tabqa Air base(Aleppo). Clashes continue now inside the base. According SOHR, SAA reinforcements consisting more than 100 men arrived Tabqa to strengthen the base.

edit on 15-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Such great news!!

These heroes have been fight the monsters known as ISIS for 4 years now.

I believe that we owe these courageous fighters for putting a major block upon the wests plans for the middle east!! No amount of western propaganda can hide Washingtons dirty hands, they actively armed/funded them from the get go and acted like it was some kind of good humanitarian action! It is no wonder you hear no more about Syria here in the west!

Thank you for the update

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Lets not forget that ISIS was until recently funded by US government to fight in Syria

God what is it with US always backing the wrong horse

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Al Nusra and ISIS are apparently fighting in Northern Syria with ALNusra loosing another stronghold

www.worldbulletin.net...

Already in control of large areas of northern and eastern Syria, ISIL's latest gains include the towns of Turkmen Bareh and Akhtarin, 50 km (30 miles) northeast of Aleppo, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which is based in Britain, reported.

We're about to lose Aleppo and no one cares," Hussam Almarie, a Free Syria Army (FSA) spokesman, told The Wall Street Journal. "We won't be able to recover the revolution if this happens. And we'll lose the moderates in Syria.

Once they loose Aleppo it will be the end of the Revolution for them. They will be sandwiched between ISIS and SAA . Would be best for them to negotiate a deal with Assad and fighting along side SAA ..

To date, the Assad regime has been content with allowing the ISIL to weaken the FSA, though Syrian forces did engage militants in large-scale clashes in June. Western officials tell the Journal that the regime may wait until Aleppo falls before turning its full attention to the ISIL militants.

Well , Lets see how ISIS does with Syrian army. Its one thing to fight Kurds and Iraqi army( which i have a heavy feeling they retreated because they were asked to retreat and give ground to ISIS by the TPTB) but its something else to fight with a Battle hardened Syrian Army

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Such great news!!

These heroes have been fight the monsters known as ISIS for 4 years now.

I believe that we owe these courageous fighters for putting a major block upon the wests plans for the middle east!! No amount of western propaganda can hide Washingtons dirty hands, they actively armed/funded them from the get go and acted like it was some kind of good humanitarian action! It is no wonder you hear no more about Syria here in the west!

Thank you for the update

Well not quite. ISIS and the Syrian Army have had a mostly a ceasefire. Assad had avoided attacking them and ISIS had avoided them. This was so they could both concentrate on fighting the FSA. It is not known if they had a formal agreement but, the Kurds until recently thought that ISIS was being supported by Assad since they were attacking everybody except his forces. The ended recently when ISIS started hitting Assads forces. The people fighting ISIS the longest would be the FSA.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

If you could, give me a reliable source for your interesting view.

I have spoken at length with a great buddy of mine from Aleppo for years about the extremists known as Daesh and their atrocities, your version is completely at odds with what I have come to understand about what is happening. There is a reason the people of Syria support Assad without their support the country would have been taken over long ago.
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amFriday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I found this piece quite interesting

In the edited confession video, in which Safouri seems physically unharmed, he says that at first he met with an Israeli officer named Ashraf at the border and was given an Israeli cellular phone. He later met with another officer named Younis and with the two men’s commander, Abu Daoud. In total, Safouri said he entered Israel five times for meetings that took place in Tiberias.

Following the meetings, Israel began providing Safouri and his men with “basic medical support and clothes” as well as weapons, which included 30 Russian [rifles], 10 RPG launchers with 47 rockets, and 48,000 5.56 millimeter bullets.

While opposition websites denied that Safouri was a collaborator, claiming his entries into Israel were for medical purposes alone, regime media celebrated Safouri’s confession as proof of the Free Syrian Army’s treachery. On August 1, dozens of demonstrators took to the streets of the village of Hayt, Safouri’s hometown near Syria’s borders with Jordan and Israel, to protest his abduction, condemning Al-Nusra Front for the act.

No Israeli comment was available at time of publication.
Israel Arms Free Syrian Army
Syrian Rebel Commander says he Collaborated with Israel
Sharif as-Safouri, abducted by Al-Nusra Front in July, confesses to receiving antitank weapons in return for protecting the occupied Golan Heights border. www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FootBig

Lets not forget that ISIS was until recently funded by US government to fight in Syria

The US is ALWAYS BACKING THE WRONG HORSE because the US goal is not M.E. stabilization.
DUH
If you want to rebel against your leaders then the US is your friend, now granted if you do a good job and it appears you are harming tens of thousands (I think that is the required number) of people, then depending on how loud the outcry is, the US may lob some bombs back at ya, but don't worry, you'll still get your money

Way to go USA

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
S+F
We got our media so full of 1 silly thing compared to this (2 neighboorhoods being claimed to be theirs by muslim extremists, Netherlands) , that we hardly hear or see any updates on this.
Please keep posting updates

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

If you could, give me a reliable source for your interesting view.

I have spoken at length with a great buddy of mine from Aleppo for years about the extremists known as Daesh and their atrocities, your version is completely at odds with what I have come to understand about what is happening. There is a reason the people of Syria support Assad without their support the country would have been taken over long ago.

If the people of Syria supported Assad the FSA would have been crushed right away. When a much larger better armed force takes on a smaller less well armed rebel force the only way a rebel can hold on is with popular support. As you have seen in the Ukraine the rebels have failed to gain popular support and despite Russian help are on the edge of complete defeat in less than a year. Keep in mind the Syrian military had nearly a half million men at is disposal when the protests started. Tens of thousands deserted and joined the rebels but, the Syrian military still vastly out numbers the rebels. However they can not be trusted as a whole so only loyal units are used while the less loyal watch the borders with Israel etc. This is why despite what on paper is huge advantage in manpower for the Syrian army it had to get help from Iran, Hezbollah, new loyalist militias, and Lebanese miltias to put into combat.

As for the rest you will find reports over the last couple of years about first clashes between the FSA and the radical and then right after the chemical attack episode those clashes ended up in open fighting. Assad backed off the radicals and focused on the FSA. In return the radicals backed off Assad and also concentrated on the FSA. The FSA took a beating and just when Assads forces were completely asleep at the switch ISIS hit him as well. You can search the web and find several articles prior to that attack where the Kurds claim Assad must be backing ISIS as they were the only people not clashing with them.

In addition to all that ISIS has also managed to fall out with other radical groups who were fighting both the FSA and Assad. So you have so many sides in Syria it is hard to tell who is who at this point.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Assad will need to finish up FSA in south ASAP and get his forces regrouped in the north , considering how fast IS has been moving against FSA reportedly taking another 4 towns .. FSA is pretty much doomed its going to be Assad v/s IS soon enough ...
edit on 16-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Syrian government forces backed by Lebanon's Hezbollah take almost full control of a town just outside Damascus from rebels:Rueters

From what i see on the above map that should be the town of Douma

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The regime carried out 13 raids on the city of Raqa and 11 on the town of Tabqa in Raqa province, killing at least 31 jihadists and wounding dozens of them,

Reports coming in that ISIS HQ in Raqqa has been bombed by Syrian Air Force
edit on 17-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

Brigade 93 being attacked by ISIS , incoming fire is from SAA

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Syrian troops in AL Maliha , don't watch if u don't like war zones but i did not see any gore

Also am hearing from my friend that the Tribes in Eastern Syria has declared war on all militants ( ISIS, Al Nusra , FSA ) . ISIS is also absorbing FSA and other militant groups . Now Its Syrian Army v/s ISIS . Most of the Tribes are trying to Unite together against ISIS because they don't want to end up like Yazidis ..

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FootBig

let's not forget what?...provide solid evidence in the first place of ISIS specifically being funded by the west...how about this scenario...Syrian rebels lied about how they were the friends of the west, and said they wanted democracy in Syria, then as soon as they got a little military help from the west, they betrayed the very people that trusted them.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
let's not forget what?...provide solid evidence in the first place of ISIS specifically being funded by the west...how about this scenario...Syrian rebels lied about how they were the friends of the west, and said they wanted democracy in Syria, then as soon as they got a little military help from the west, they betrayed the very people that trusted them.

LOL don't you follow news, US senator McCain's pictures with ISIS are all over internet

So the fact that US arms terrorists is now the fault of terrorists, yeah nice stuff there jimmy

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
UPDATE ON Tabaqa Airbase: Tabaqa Airport, the situation is under control, Syrian army has successfully defended against numerous IS Assaults. Syrian Air force is now bombing ISIL positions around the Airport .Tabaqa airbase is very important for Syrian army and losing it will let ISIL have an opening towards central Syria and mainly Hama province , where Syrian Army seems to be Weaker .

Battle in Tabaqa Airbase last night
edit on 20-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

If the people of Syria supported Assad the FSA would have been crushed right away.

Where have you being? the People of Syria do support Assad why dont you read what other user previously stated?

FSA would have been crushed right away

FSA are the ISIS i wouldn't be surprised if they merge. Also the areas where the FSA still has support is northern Syria.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Update : ISIS spokesman Abu Moosa killed in Raqqa
Abu Sara Al Harbi, IS leader killed in Tabqa Airbase attack , Another commander from Belgium also killed ( the same one you see on the VICE report on ISIS in Raqqa )

Al-Tabqa airbase in Raqqa is working normally and fully functional for today too, the Syrian Arab Army forces in the base had terminated over 140 of #ISIS terrorists in an ambush near the base , our forces gave the name of " Reckoning " to the operation of chasing the ISIS rats who had withdraw to the distance of 3 km off the base due to the heavy fire of our forces.

Al-Tabaqa airbase: ISIS terrorists were ambushed trying to attack the airbase last night when they were drawn into a preset mine field.

" Although the plan of the attack had been translated to Arabic, and was explained in 3 different languages, but it failed "...

SAA lost 11 good men and 24 wounded , the wounded have been moved to Damascus military hospital . ISIS losses may go upto 180 men ..

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If people are not interested i will stop the updates, do tell if you want them to continue

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join