It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

top 10 most economical European cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Wow changed day's to when 30 mpg was good 90 + is the norm for these cars and 313 mpg for the hybrids

I noticed nobody had posted in this forum in 19 days so enjoy folks

cars.uk.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust those figures.
being in Europe the most reliable figures that I can achieve is about 56mpg (imperial UK figures) on a long run.
Hell even my Kia Sedona (Kia Carnival) achieves 47mpg with it's 3.0l Diesel engine !

But these figures of 90mpg are completley off.
A web site with true fuel economy figures submitted by owners www.honestjohn.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
My small-engined Suzuki Swift is currently on 63.9 mpg.

90 would be awesome, but I've never known anybody get even close to 90?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
E300 BlueMotion Hybrid. Because why settle for an inferior marque when buying a hybrid?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: diddy1234

Back in the middle 90s i could get 80 + from a citroen ax

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5
Im not a Citron fan but 80mpg is impressive. I bet you were sad to see her go.

Another one not mentioned in your article is the Fiat 500 with the twin-V, thats not really my type of car, but its different and kinda cute, I could possibly own one of those.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

The Citroen AX was a great car, with great economy with a terrible safety record.

Back in the 90's some car manufacturers were trying to make the most economical cars, which some did.

These days safety seems to be the overriding factor and as a result cars are getting heavier thus economy drops.

I did read a study on the web that a university hand built a CKD (parts supplied) Suzuki Swift that was built using carbon composite saving weight and being safe.
The car lost 400 kgs of weight and fuel economy shot up to mid 70mpg

shame the cost of doing this wouldn't be worthwhile though

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

A older model of Citroen i had was a visa back in the 80s 650 cc engine and it went forever on a gallon of fuel , I used to put £8 in and drive 150 miles to my work drive about all week and only put fuel in on a Friday again so 200 miles roughly .

I loved that little car but i have had 50+ from a ford fiesta 950 cc and a few more over the years but i am quite a easy driver and i think that is the key

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: diddy1234

It was the safety factor that made me get rid of it when i saw one in a scrap yard that had smashed at 30 mph , I was told that the driver had lost both leg's as the engine in them would shoot forward into the front , The mini metro was the same

new topics

top topics

join