It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Al Jazeera TV crew scrambles for cover as police fire tear gas into their reporting position in #Ferguson | AP Photo

edit on 13-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I hate to say it, but the police are escalating this.

They need to come clean on this. Show the picture of the bruised police officer, and lets get all the witness accounts. Didn't the police cruiser have a camera? Shouldn't there be a radio recordings of this police officer in distress? What about the radio report after he repeatedly shot the victim? What about area security cameras?

The police are not above the law and the mayor and governor should step in and force them to present the evidence to the public. If they have to protect this cop and his family until he's brought to trial, so be it.
edit on 13-8-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Or, could it be that this is the black ghettos and they are getting what they deserve? Is that what you really feel, because I've been following your posts and you sure are trying hard to convince us all that the cops are in the right.

I had to respond to this in a separate reply.

No, I'm not just saying this because it is a black community. I thought the same about the Bundy ranch..the feds were in the right and the armed protestors were in the wrong...I would have supported force in that case. I thought the same about all the WHITE Occupy Wall Street protestors that would fill the streets at nightfall...I had zero problem with the police using any force to clear the area. I'm a pretty far leftist...however this is one area where I diverge from the group.

I'm not a big fan of idiots...no matter what race they are. The people who are out in Ferguson right now, after dark, are looking for a confrontation. The reason you don't see the MSM out there, and the ones you do are covering the police movements rather than in the crowd, is because everyone knows the outcome of a protest like this...the idiot protestors who are looking for a confrontation are going to get it...and then they are going to cry about it. The "reporters" that are live streaming are attention whores...come on...infowars reporters???

I'm all for peaceful protests, and that is what has happened all day today. It wasn't until nightfall that things got ugly...and the police didn't just show up in force...they have had two days of past experience where there was riots and looting to force their hand to show up like this.

Bottom line, idiot protestors who block streets and gather in groups after dark in an area where there has been riots and looting the past two nights are just looking for a confrontation. They provoked it, they threw bottles, they threw molotove cocktails...and then they, and you, cry when the police respond to their idiotic actions.

So no...my reaction isn't because it is a black community...my reaction is because they are being idiots.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior
Sweetie I feel your pain, really I do!!! Same boat in that there swamp!!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Tweeted by HuffingtonPost justice reporter, Ryan J. Reilly.

SWAT overlooks protestors in #Ferguson. They've all moved to sidewalk.

This one stands out to me.
He's a policeman in full military gear
Sure does look like a war zone.
I guess we know all why they have been training the police to become armed soldiers
This is most likely a training run.

Do you think they will start shooting real bullets at protestors?
It's terrible how they shot that boy, then left him there.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Well actually no. The cars have no camera's and this was confirmed by the Chief of Police today in a live conference. Also, it has been reported by witnesses and other media in the area that the police have been actively declining to receive ANY statements from witnesses. The police officer with the said "bruises" statement didn't even get released until TODAY, Four days after the event!. Anonymous actually released the EMS/Fire/Police audio from that day as well, and guess what? The police only called for "crowd control" and didn't order EMS until FOUR HOURS later. You are correct that the police are escalating it. They WANT this!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I switched from Cox cable Internet access to my Verizon "Pocket WiFi." Janetter is showing #Ferguson again.

So the blockage is from Cox. I switched back to Cox, Janetter halted, back to Verizon, it's fine.

It seems like Cox may have some explaining to do...

link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

It is what I have put my faith into!

link   
People experience twitter censorship, it seems to be specific to certain locations, possibly just USA. Try using an VPN or Tor or something like that and see if you get the same issues.

link   
its been worse,,,

but it might come too this.

hope not.

link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: CRUSTY37

originally posted by: queenofsheba
Let 'em go at it...they want to, they will. I imagine the police presence is partly to enforce safety and protection of personal property, course I could be wrong. They may just be out there doing their jobs as Peace Officers. You have a town ready to tear it up because of human error....destroy the whole town then. To err is human, unfortunately.
PEACE officers...REALY??

Uh, yeah. More like RIOT Police. Emphasis on the word RIOT. RIOTING Police.
THIS IS THE FLAT OUT POSTURE OF WAR ON THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE OFFENDED!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Anyone contact those guys from the ranch standoff?

:-)

they could/would be useful

now

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
One of my friends just said to me "Some of them guys are wearing more protection than I got in Iraq!"
I didn't quite know how to respond.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

originally posted by: SCGrits
Just sayin' "yeah right"

Every stitch of this a-holes costume is military, from boots to helmet!

Bring the individuals into the spotlight, and don't let them hide behind badges.

Ferguson only has 55 cops, so where did the others come from? Neighboring cities?

I would like to know the following:
Who is paying for all this police over-time
Who is in charge
Who decided to stop the press from taking pictures
Who trained all these people

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

PUT YOUR F&@$ING HANDS DOWN, WE ARE NOT PRISONERS HERE!!

You go ahead...call n#ine one one. Let us know how that works out for you.

"Don't shoot!" Yell it loud is my advice when they arrive.

Good luck prisoner #543,765,689

Peace through justice

edit on 13-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
One of my friends just said to me "Some of them guys are wearing more protection than I got in Iraq!"
I didn't quite know how to respond.

Wow. I believe it too. I cannot remember or find source but I read an article earlier today (that was from yesterday about a few vets talking about how they used to travel at least twice as light as the Riot Police were in a fully mobilized combat zone.

Police.
State.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Raw video just uploaded from the local FoxNews Affiliate. The reporter tweeted that the police initiated the action, no bottles were thrown, the protestors remained peaceful.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Tweeted by HuffingtonPost justice reporter, Ryan J. Reilly.

SWAT overlooks protestors in #Ferguson. They've all moved to sidewalk.

This one stands out to me.
He's a policeman in full military gear
Sure does look like a war zone.
I guess we know all why they have been training the police to become armed soldiers
This is most likely a training run.

Do you think they will start shooting real bullets at protestors?
It's terrible how they shot that boy, then left him there.
This has nothing to do with a shooting anymore. This is a military rollout on the American people and everyone in every state in this union should be totally outraged and stand up for these poor people!! What if this was your town and all you want to do is go get a pizza and some beer for dinner and this is going down? Uncalled for, i think the sheriff could have handled it just fine.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Very interesting....Note to self...look up background on Cox Broadcasting/cable affiliations...director afliations

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This looks like one of the first engagements.. Maybe the same one? It carries from well before to well afterward. it's from the KARG Argus Radio (local station?) youtube channel.

They have shorter clips but this is a full 25 minutes to carrying well after into the neighborhood by what I could skip through on my rural net connection.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join