It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: lambchop

That's an old trending report. This started just minutes ago.

This might sound crazy but can you access it through a proxy?
If you can get in through a proxy that will answer the question.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

I can see it on the front page but nowhere under the recent tab.

link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I just took this screen capture within the last minute or so. The 20 new results came in before I could even hit print screen.

I'm in Illinois, about 200 mile away from Ferguson if that makes a difference.

edit on 13-8-2014 by ikonoklast because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
link   
To make it worse... The live scanner feed just had an instance where (dispatch said) a women called in and needed to leave her house but was scared it would be considered a disturbance if she did so. So in essence we have someone who is calling in to the police to get permission to leave her house so they won't arrest or shoot her for doing so.

WTH??

link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
a reply to: kruphix

You use the word crowd as if the entire crowd was throwing bottles. I don't need to watch since I watched everything unfold live. The actions of one person is not justification to fire gas canisters and rubber bullets into a crowd of people.

When you are part of a mob, yes, the actions of one person defines the entire mob.

You don't want to go watch it because you would have no argument after you see that the crowd throws two bottles at the police line.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

This might not be official. Somebody could be screwing around somehow. Notice the typo in the error window.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CRUSTY37

originally posted by: SCGrits
Just sayin' "yeah right"

Every stitch of this a-holes costume is military, from boots to helmet!

This a-hole has a name, and so do all of the participating riot officers. Publish their names so that media, and publics can contact them and ask them questions like:

"What does it feel like to shoot rubber bullets at your fellow Americans?"

"Do your kids know you fire tear gas at Americans, and are they "proud" of you for that?"

...better yet get these riot officers on Oprah, or Maury, and let the public ask them questions about their job.

Bring the individuals into the spotlight, and don't let them hide behind badges.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The web editor of @StLouisAmerican just had an assault rifle pointed at her chest by @stlcountypd. When Suggs hears that, game change. Bet.

Per Reddit/twiter

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

originally posted by: CRUSTY37

originally posted by: SCGrits
Just sayin' "yeah right"

Every stitch of this a-holes costume is military, from boots to helmet!

This a-hole has a name, and so do all of the participating riot officers. Publish their names so that media, and publics can contact them and ask them questions like:

"What does it feel like to shoot rubber bullets at your fellow Americans?"

"Do your kids know you fire tear gas at Americans, and are they "proud" of you for that?"

...better yet get these riot officers on Oprah, or Maury, and let the public ask them questions about their job.

Bring the individuals into the spotlight, and don't let them hide behind badges.
I like the way you think!!

Try to zoom in on name badges in these pictures and light these fools up!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ever think it could have been hastily thrown together code?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambchop

twitter working fine here in Aus,

#Ferguson trending number 1
#MikeBrown number 3

Maybe just not working in the US?
If this is the case, we can officially QUIT overthrowing oppressive regimes all over the world-- our leaders no longer stand for the freedoms they boast of.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
All it would take in this situation is a Fire Cracker and TSHTF...Lots of itchy trigger fingers out there at the moment. Cool heads are required on both sides.

link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Re the 'officer down' :Broken ankle, supposedly got hit by a brick. reddit link

edit on 14-8-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: kruphix

They were not a mob, they were a crowd of people exercising their 1st Amendment right to peacefully assemble.

What part of I watched it live did you fail to comprehend?
edit on 13-8-2014 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

link   
This is sickening. I have no words. Guessing its getting about time for the big party. Please, people, keep posting updates. MSM is eerily silent and my tethered internet out here in the swamp is unreliable at best.

link   
I switched from Cox cable Internet access to my Verizon "Pocket WiFi." Janetter is showing #Ferguson again.

So the blockage is from Cox. I switched back to Cox, Janetter halted, back to Verizon, it's fine.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

#MikeBrown number 3

If this is the case, we can officially QUIT overthrowing oppressive regimes all over the world-- our leaders no longer stand for the freedoms they boast of.

yep, I can confirm that Twitter is fine in Australia and is updating normally. They are just blocking you guys.

link   
a reply to: Taggart

I don't know if this is what you are talking about but some one tweeted this, Sorry don't have a tweeder account so don't know how to post the link

#Ferguson PD cut mobile internet using jammers! Please share your wifi passwords! I'm speechless against the brutality! #ShareWifiFerguson

Never mind figured it out I think

#Ferguson PD cut mobile internet using jammers! Please share your wifi passwords! I'm speechless against the brutality! #ShareWifiFerguson— rkopar (@rkopar) August 14, 2014

edit on 13-8-2014 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

PUT YOUR F&@$ING HANDS DOWN, WE ARE NOT PRISONERS HERE!!

link   

originally posted by: new_here

#MikeBrown number 3

It's not all of the US. it just seems to be (maybe) certain areas in the US. I don't like it either way. I sincerely HOPE that it hasn't it been done on purpose, that it's just a glitch and nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join