It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ebola outbreak would look like in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

According to a senior health fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, the world has no strategic plan to contain the worst Ebola outbreak in history while scientists are saying an outbreak on U.S. soil would require sweeping measures.

Total quarantine of cities or sections of infected cities and restrictions on air travel could be expected.

“We’re now in a perfect storm,” Laurie Garrett said in a CFR conference call Thursday in which she described the United Nations World Health Organization as “bankrupt” and drowning in debt. “There is no strategic plan for how this epidemic will be brought under control.”

What Ebola outbreak would look like in U.S.

Go read the full story--- bureaucratic ineptitude at it's finest!--- still I'll share a few highlights that struck me as relevant.

Here's your government at work for ya

The CDC has 20 known quarantine stations throughout the U.S. but it is not known if those would be adequate to contain a full outbreak. A CDC press officer told WND she would have someone “get back with you”

Looking at the CDC Map... If an outbreak were to occur here in Colorado... I would have to take my family to LA... the listed "Quarantine Station" for my region...

Now here's another part of the story I really need to showcase...

She said the vast majority of citizens living under the old Soviet Union believed in UFOs “and the reason they did was because the government said UFOs didn’t exist and the government must be lying like it always does. So the risk is that even if the government is telling the truth, for a change, the people just won’t believe it.”

Orient said there is no evidence the Ebola virus can be spread by airborne germs such as a sneeze, but nor is there any proof that it can’t, “so maybe we’ll find out late in the game.”

you all caught that last part right...""""Orient said there is no evidence the Ebola virus can be spread by airborne germs such as a sneeze, but nor is there any proof that it can’t, “so maybe we’ll find out late in the game.”"""

she had another quote I've yet to hear from mainstream media...

She said body fluids such as sweat or saliva could be found on any city surface.

“I don’t know (about Ebola) but some viruses can live for a couple weeks,

In a previous story 'No Strategic Plan' For Controlling Ebola Outbreak

in short they say...

“We’re now in a perfect storm,” Laurie Garrett, senior global health fellow for the Council on Foreign Relations, said Tuesday on a CFR conference call. “There is no strategic plan for how this epidemic will be brought under control.”

they also elude to it's only a matter of time before Ebola reaches the US... If it's not already here?

edit on 13-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ebola might have an effect on our ability to spell "authorized"?

Sorry.

Good thread tho...S&F

Peace

edit on 13-8-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is not really breaking news, its a "what if" thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Obviously the work of an unpaid intern who was ordered to hastily prepare a graphic for the story...

Besides if the TPTB did post such a sign... they would probably shoot you before you got close enough to check for spelling errors ---

What I found interesting is the doctors who are dealing with this outbreak... and do not work for the CDC... are telling a very different story than what government and CDC press releases are telling us.

So the next question becomes--- Should we all be worried and prepping for a 'Pandemic' here in the states?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Ebola might have an effect on our ability to spell "authorized"?

Sorry.

Good thread tho...S&F

Peace

Authorize is only the standard spelling of the word in America and Canada. Outside the US it is authorise.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

With a disease that can lay in wait for up to 3 weeks, I'm sure that it has or will spread.

Common sense will be the only survival option, in reality.

Don't panic.
Don't listen to the media.
Don't listen to any politician or government.

. . . . And you might survive.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You forgot to add...
Don't let them talk you into going to a FEMA camp....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Be prepared to self-quarantine as much as you can. If this thing were able to spread as readily as this article seems to want you to think, we would be in the middle of the pandemic right now.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Does anyone really believe what the CDC says or the federal government for that matter when it comes to your personal health and safety? Really do we?

I know for a fact, as it is well documented, that a sneeze can spread Ebola. There are case studies, where primates in separate cages at different ends of the room, where one has it and the entire group dies due to it. The CDC is just trying to stop/halt panic before it can with a lacking credibility that it has.

The reality is that by the time an out break happens, the medical facilities will be over run by people seeking help. Then for those who do not have it, they all try to get away by travel of some kind. The infection will spread faster than the CDC or the federal government can contain it. It will affect at least 2 states before they can halt and stop it, and then be on the look out for outbreaks in different cities. In short we are really up the paddle with a highly contagious and dangerous disease. And when it is all done and over, the survivors are going to want to know who is to blame and why was nothing done. But that is not the worst of it.

Something like this happens, and there will be mass panic and chaos. Roads will be clogged, stores will empty, people will hoard goods to keep them alive. Then will come the looting and panic as people try to run from it, only to be met by physical force when the government does manager to mobilize. And by that time there will be an epidemic going. It will bring the country to its knees and on the brink.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

If that was Ebola Reston, the virus did mutate to be airborne, but it lost its ability to infect humans as a result. And in the pig to primate study, pigs show ebola primarily as a respiratory illness while humans show it primarily as a digestive illness with a few respiratory symptoms. The pigs infected the monkeys, but they were already prime to do so just by virtue of how ebola manifests in swine. I don't think the monkeys spread it amongst themselves through the air. They manifested it the traditional, digestive way.

There is still no evidence this thing spreads like the common cold or flu or survives for long periods on surfaces like those viruses do. If it did, this thing would be everywhere by now. There wouldn't be any speculation about whether or not it's here, there would be NO doubt.

Again, your best bet is to take vacation with your relatives in the country and self-quarantine as much as you can.

edit on 13-8-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe the CDC confused the definitions of quarantine and travel. It seems like its good to be a homebody these days.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Any hemorraghic illness is lethal to 99% of all primates. But beyond that, it is spread via body fluids. Spit, blood, semen and mucus. When one sneezes, it it carried in the droplets in the sneeze. And thus it can spread that way.

But the virus is not 100% lethal, as then it would have died out along time ago, that would be self defeating.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
according to Samaritan purse administrator in the congressional hearing the cases will apear suddenly in the hundreds or thousand about two weeks from now, as a result of contact of infected travelling to the us who dont know they are infected.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11
It's spelt both ways, depending on which country you live in

Either way , I don't think they have much of a plan

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
By Jane M. Orient, M.D., director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
www.wnd.com...
says "
there is evidence that airborne transmission can occur in some circumstances, as noted in a Pathogen Safety Data Sheet from the Public Health Agency of Canada...
Whatever the source, epidemics like Ebola must not be viewed with complacency""

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'd like to point out that while we've had outbreaks of Ebola before...
in those cases they always burnt themselves pretty fast...

Obviously this must be a mutated strain... something Viruses are known to do... and this version seems to be rather persistent.... add to that and the 21 day incubation and prevalence of international air travel... it seems rather likely that it's here now... it might have even taken a life but been missed as a diagnoses... or to prevent panic in the public kept quiet.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Just because infection has spread further doesn't indicate a mutated strain.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
But again.. it is not contagious unless the carrier is symptomatic. People are acting like you go to Africa, someone sneezes in your general direction, and you catch it. And then you get on a plane, and every sneeze, cough, or sweaty palm means scores of infected individuals. The reason it burns out is because of that fact. Once you are symptomatic, you are very sick.. and unlikely to be traveling around in crowds or planes.

In Africa, hot temperatures and harsh work conditions for understaffed volunteers leads to mistakes and exposure. In countries with controlled environments and equipped hospitals, this is much less a concern. I do feel many countries will see some cases, but I think (and hope) it is a one-off here and there. Not outbreaks.

new topics

top topics

join