It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet 67p (Churyumov-Gerasimenko). Leak of raw (real) images. Rosetta mission.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's baby Groot from "Guardians of the Galaxy"

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

I believe this to be a hoax. secureteam10 are money makers. I know I know, there isn't anything wrong with making money for the things you like. But, they push their tshirts hard... and ask people to subscribe. Youtube money click hogs. If they paid attention to the detail of the message as much as their money making items, they'd put the money making stuff at the end of the video instead of before it. (as they did in one of their videos)

Search for secureteam10 on this site, many people label them as hoaxers, not just to follow them, but they have a track record here of not being authentic.

I do video editing and I notice some of their tricks. Now I am torn a bit, what is reality and what is fake these days as Video/Photo editing has gotten so 'good' so as to be unrecognizable as far as authenticity but the stuff they are doing seems a bit amateur.

One of their videos here: www.youtube.com...
I can tell that

If they are so technical to be able to video edit, they should be detailed enough to explain something so it makes sense. The re buffering, what are they talking about...
With my eyes, seeing the "space craft" appear seems like it could easily be a video overlay.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Hey guys,

My name is Tyler, and I am the owner/operator of the SecureTeam channel on Youtube. I created this account, simply so members who I know have certain doubts, skepticisms, questions and the like, can ask me directly, rather than make random guesses and speculation - which in many instances is not fully correct.

We do our best to publish stories related to the alien phenomenon on our channel. Does that mean that we get it right 100% of the time? Of course not. Most of the videos we publish contain information that was sent to us, which we then decide to either upload, or to trash. Many of the emails or messages we get with new ideas for posting are in (our opinion) worth the time in posting online, regardless of the outcome and the validity. The point is to start a dialogue and ask questions, much like those of you do here on ATS. If we're unsure about something, that's even more of a reason for us to get it up and get 80,000 of our subscribers picking at it.

Anyway, the sole reason I even decided to create an account, was to clear up some misconceptions about me, my channel, the stories we publish and the sources who provide them. And to be quite clear, yes, I do generate ad revenue from my videos, and like most other growing Youtube producers, I put all of my time into this. My job is my channel, and at the end of the day, I still have a wife and child to take care of. On a side note, we only recently (a month or so ago) decided to make T-shirts available, after literally thousands of posts, comments and requests to do so. We like to make our fans happy, and for those who had wished to be able to sport a shirt with their favorite channel on it, we were happy to make that happen. For those who could care less about a shirt, we are happy just to give them new videos and attempt to answer their questions. As long as one get's to work at something they love, and support their family in the process.. Well I think that's all any one of us could ask for.

Thanks for your time, and I wish you all the best. I am an open book.

Tyler

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: secureteam

The job of a good journalist, and that's what you are trying to be on one level, is to label something a hoax once you get those opinions. You seem to still have video's up which you are trying to pretend are legit, even though you know they're not, and in doing that you lose the credibility you should be seeking. Journalists and historians are supposed to be principled (and the reasoning 'Well, MSM isn't, and this other guy isn't, and my wife and children have to eat so maybe this one time I'll..." can't be used anywhere, anytime), and the human race, at the beginning of its space age (just about 60 years into it, still the pioneering stage) needs total credibility in its presentations.

I very seldom post on UFO topics, haven't seen one yet in person or on video which seems legit, although I was lucky enough to go to the first large UFO convention in the mid-'70s in Chicago. But you took the time to post here, so welcome as a new member, and you may find some interesting things to talk about among ATS's ramblings and whatchamacallits. Thanks for coming by as well.

Edit: And why the creepy music on your vids? I've never seen Doris Kearns Goodwin or Bob Woodward use creepy music, although if they did it'd be really creepy!

edit on 13-8-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Thank you for your warm welcome, and I couldn't agree more with your summary of what a good journalist should entail. Let's be frank, in that the MSM has proven itself to be unreliable, and that to us is one excuse to do what we do.

Secondly, my comment about supporting my family was not an "excuse" for anything, but simply a statement with regards to the truth that I am lucky enough to do the work I love, and put in more time because of the fact that I can support my family from said work. I've had this channel for years, and for 90% of that time, not a dime was made, but yet I still sat up many a late nights, searching for things un-found and putting up videos here and there with hopes to further the cause. That is still the main focus today, revenue or no revenue.

As I said, we don't get everything right, but that's the point of research. What videos we have on our channel, whether deemed by you, or anyone else, to be true or not, are to stay up on our channel, so that other generations of viewers can have a look and make their own decision. That's just how the channel works and is obviously not the one model for all.

We want to get to the bottom of the alien phenomenon, and we have no doubt there will be blood, sweat, dirt and mistakes along the way. But then again, I don't think you can have it any other way when it comes to a subject like this.

Kind regards
edit on 13-8-2014 by secureteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Thanks. What I mean is that once something is proven to be a hoax, your channel should say it. At ATS the hoax bin is full of failed attempts to trick the public, or of misguided data. My newest thread was on someone's find on our Mars anomalies thread which seemed as a possible flow of water but is turning out, via data provided by others here, to be a dust flow. I changed the thread's title when that began to become obvious. Do you have people who send you vids who have proven time and time again to have hoaxed them? If so, "return to sender" or the trusty wastebasket should be the depository of their material as soon as you read their return address.

(my apologies for being a bit harsh. I have a journalistic background, and from that point of view I usually want to pull people towards accuracy and honesty in their presentations, especially if they are portraying their material as real when they know it's not.)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I couldn't agree with you more on all counts.

Thanks for your input, and definitely food for thought.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Interesting.

A few observations which led me to speculate that this is all a hoax.

1. ESA is not a military organisation and employees therein do not hold "ranks". This suggests the author of the email is fake.
2. The author of the email says that the purpose of Rosetta was to take pictures of the comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. Taking a few pictures is only part of the mission, which includes putting a Lander on the comet. Understanding the composition of comets is hard science, and whether comets were the originators of the complex ingredients for life on earth. These latter points were conveniently ignored!

3. The author of the email says the Rosetta mission cost billions. Did it really?

Plus, is it really possible for all these scientists to keep quiet?

Regards

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

A present time case in point, served on a platter of relevance to this discussion. Space journalist Jim Oberg posts on ATS, and he has a new thread tossing up a UFO topic from Houston. Oberg doesn't believe in aliens, as far as I know, but by putting the thread up it shows he has a little tiny bit of himself that says he better check this one out. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I've had this channel for years, and for 90% of that time, not a dime was made

Whatever happened to the shocking unreleased NASA video footage and pictures you were selling back in 2011 ?
Did you ever release that ?

No matter how you cut it your channel is no different to the myriad of other youtube UFO channels out there trying to keep their subscribers happy and make money out of this subject , critical thinking and editorial values go out the window when money is involved.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Forgive me, but I don't subscribe to that notion for one moment. My subscribers come to watch my videos, to comment, to start a dialogue, and if need be, refute our own claims. They do not pay us a dime. Google however, does compensate us for minor ad revenue which their advertisers happily pay.

I firmly believe that people who work hard in whatever their choice of trade or skill, deserve to be compensated. It may not be your belief, but that's what is great about a free thinking society. Secondly, my viewers don't lose a dime in coming to my channel, so your notion doesn't even correctly apply.

We work for the truth, as was the case the 3 years before we made a dime from ad earnings.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: secureteam
a reply to: gortex
We work for the truth, as was the case the 3 years before we made a dime from ad earnings.

If you "work for the truth", then why does most of your output consist of badly Photoshopped videos?

If you want to create phoney videos for entertainment, then that's fine. But don't try to pass them off as real.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Your overlooking the point of the email. The user implied that he couldn't give too much information, and in terms of his wording on "ranks" or "taking pictures" of the comet, it's obvious that he was speaking generally. We don't know what his "rank" may be, because you cannot say for sure that the military does not have it's hand in this, which it appears so, and in so the sender could very well be a military member working within the ESA. As far as scientists keeping quiet, they could never have even known about this. Compartmentalization is a very effective and easily utilized tool, that allows a secret mission to go forward, with only a handful of people knowing it's true agenda. (Think the Apollo missions)

There is not enough information to go on yet, however we have just this morning received a second email from this person, and plan on publishing a second video. We're in the dark here too, but we've made the decision to go with the story to it's end. That's all we ask of our viewers to let us do, and for the most part they agree.

We all want to know more. Let's not focus on generalities and cherry picking of words used in this first email.

edit on 13-8-2014 by secureteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

That is YOUR opinion, which you are entitled to regarding our videos. But then again, you don't have half of the information we have, the people we've spoken with or the details that we go on when posting a video. I know for a fact that many of the "photos/videos" you speak of, are not photoshopped, which goes on to prove truth in the view that you can't change someone's mind when it's already made up.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have been advised by a super moderator that I am not allowed to make any more posts or replies.

I apologize if I did not get to answer or speak with those wishing to ask questions..

Best wishes,

Tyler

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

We do our best to publish stories related to the alien phenomenon on our channel. Does that mean that we get it right 100% of the time? Of course not.

So far every single video you posted is a fake.... so you are 100% wrong!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Regarding the OPs second video:

It is not a NAVCAM image from the 8th August, it is an image from the OSIRIS camera retrieved on the 6th August - original here:

blogs.esa.int...

Vertical scan lines have been added and the object superimposed, with the image being panned around to give the impression of movement.
The Navcam cannot even be re-orientated, it is fixed on the spacecraft.

The OSIRIS camera does not send a daily image, it is more like once a week. The Navcam images are daily images, they are composed of one image, not a video feed, and therefore before even considering anything else would not be able to provide a sequence as shown. If you look at the Navcam daily images you'll note that the comet's orientation is changed greatly, again rendering this sequence impossible.

THE real image from the Navcam on the 8th August is here:

www.esa.int...

In addition:

Data is downloaded from Rosetta at around 9 kbps

blogs.esa.int...

It would not be physically possible or viable to even acquire a sequence as implied in the video. This data stream has to carry all telemetry, instrument data and image data. You're simply not going to get a video as depicted whichever way you look at it!

So to summarise the 2nd video:

1) Not a Navcam image from 8th August, it is an OSIRIS image from 6th August
2) The image has been zoomed in on and is panned around to create the illusion of tracking or movement
3) Scanlines have been added in
4) Only 1 image is taken daily, a sequence like this is not possible
5) The data rate is ~9kbps for all telemetry and instrument data - not exactly a video streaming connection!

As for the first video, starting with the letter itself.

1) "Spoofed through multiple anonymous proxy servers?" - Sounds like a hollywood description, there are plenty of of services which anonymise your original IP and Tor is an obvious popular choice, which basically does exactly that. How was conclusion even come to? Sounds like BS if you know how email routing works, you would just use something like Tor when accessing the originating SMTP server which records the IP address visible in the header. Which email service was used? Can we see the full header? Was it sent through a web based client, is this what you mean? Was the email encrypted? Does Secureteam have a public GPG key? Anyone leaking information would at least use this simple, effective system to ensure data is not intercepted.

2) Why is the date of the email being received omitted from the screenshot? - I'll come to this later.

3) Not sure I've ever heard anyone from ESA say they work at 'the ESA' - while technically correct it's just not commonplace - though of course this is a pretty meaningless by itself.

4) No one at ESA has a 'rank' nor would they refer to themselves as having one! It's not the military!

5) Rosetta hasn't just gone to take random close up images, while a lot of valuable science will be carried out from orbit for many the highlight is the lander Philae, which will land on the comet in November to carry out experiments. No one from ESA or with any real knowledge in their right mind would omit this from a mission description! Even most of the public know about and are excited about this!

Now the images:

1) The first image - There isn't a grid imposed on images from the Navcam or OSIRIS! This is originally from www.esa.int... - a Navcam image from 5th August. And who the hell would 'sharpen' such a low resolution image? If you 'sharpen' any picture you could find Santa on your wallpaper if you look hard enough! You can click on the full size link on the ESA page for the 1024x1024 image.
And if you doubt that the Navcam images at 1024x1024 then it is confirmed here:
starbrite.jpl.nasa.gov...

Only an imbecile would try and pick out tiny details and sharpen them for any serious analysis in such photos!

2) The second image - original taken by OSIRIS on the 3rd August here www.esa.int.... The 'original' version in the video with the 'airbrushing removed' looks like someone clicked with the blur tool!

Funnily enough, the 'feature' from the first image is also clearly visible as just part of formation of the surface and a shadow. No sharpening required!

Of course, the lack of a date being visible on the email conveniently allows some leeway in 'adjusting' when it was received. So was it a scoop or was it sat on for a couple of weeks before being brought to the viewers attention? Were this secret images already public when it was received? We can never know now, all we do know is that the video was released on the 11th August almost a week after the images were available to everyone anyway.

It's obvious that these exclusive 'real' images in the video are faked, but other than using ones eyes and common sense it can't really be proven realistically. Metadata can be changed easily, anything in retrospect now would be meaningless, I just hope that people are able to actually come to the rather obvious conclusion.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

There you go, poster AgentSmith has just proven that its a fake video.
As per your quote, "we work for the truth", the truth here is the video's a fake.

So if you do "work for the truth" you should take down a hoax video, right?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I have been advised by a super moderator that I am not allowed to make any more posts or replies.

I apologize if I did not get to answer or speak with those wishing to ask questions..

Best wishes,

Tyler

Well that's a shame. It's not often you get to speak directly with the people that create these kind of videos. Could've been interesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I did forget to write one extra crucial point, Rosetta was not even originally intended to go to this comet contrary to what the email says.

Originally it was scheduled for a January 2003 launch and was going to intercept comet 46P/Wirtanen, however the failure of Arianne flight 157 a month prior www.arianespace.com... delayed the launch.

The initial announcement for the delay by ESA is here from January 2003 sci.esa.int...

The announcement of at least a years delay while the Arianne 5 was reviewed, along with an explanation that the original comet could not be reached and a list of new candidates would need to be compiled here sci.esa.int...

The decision to go to 67P was made in May of that year sci.esa.int...

Rosetta was eventually launched in March 2004 sci.esa.int... over a year behind schedule, to it's new destination.

So again, yet another point made null and void. If the person sending the email actually does work for ESA, then the janitor is probably their boss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join