It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet 67p (Churyumov-Gerasimenko). Leak of raw (real) images. Rosetta mission.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: secureteam
I have been advised by a super moderator that I am not allowed to make any more posts or replies.

I apologize if I did not get to answer or speak with those wishing to ask questions..

Best wishes,

Tyler

Just to be clear, the staff requested that Secureteam follow the regular procedures when a person affiliated with a known site/channel joins ATS. Secureteam declined to follow the necessary administrative procedures. We left the door open should he change his mind.

That said, let's focus on the actual topic of the thread, and consider the side-track discussion concluded for now.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The last news on Rosseta project webpage is from 6. August. Isn't it bit strange? If I would be manager of such expensive project I would try to bombard public with success of my pet - finally after 10 years of uncertainty.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

You need to check out the Rosetta blog page for the latest blogs.esa.int...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: secureteam

Um, so you are saying we should ignore all the inaccuracies in the email because (inconvenient as they are) they should not be allowed to invalidate the general theme of the original email! Isn't that a bit of a cop-out because it is usually the small things that count when trying to work out whether someone is running a hoax and having a laugh at our/your expense.

Regards

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The email is grossly inaccurate in every way, from minor details right up to major mission specifics - even those that are well known. It's like the person that wrote it doesn't actually know anything about the mission at all.
The secret images are altered versions of images published nearly a week prior to the video being uploaded, of course with no indication of date on the email it would be easy to say that they were 'leaked' some time before... But... well I think we can all use our own brains with this one.

To recap the points I made are here for anyone just joining that may have missed and hasn't read the 2nd page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So... Hoax bin time anyone? Better late than never..

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

What YOU dont realise we have many members on here with MANY years experience of photography/video as hobby or as a proffesion, you claim to weed out fakes well I find that hard to believe you must think some of those videos are genuine so what is the best example of that

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Stirling work. That is what ATS should be about.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Thanks for your input.

stay cool

peace

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Oh dear.... When are people going to realise that Secureteam10 make The Onion look like a reliable news source (The Onion is a spoof news site in case anyone goes there and get's confused, it's happened...)

They are up there with Thirdphaseofmoon when it comes to youtube hoaxes.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Invite him on to "ask me anything" I think that might be the best one yet!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Invite him on to "ask me anything" I think that might be the best one yet!!!

If he won't except the terms to be a member, he definitely won't come to an AMA. Although that would be one interesting AMA especially with some of our members.

I say invite him back.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Thank you very much. This was really helpful response. One would expect to see some news on front page ...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

No problem. The main page is used for major milestones in the mission, the blog is used to keep people up to date with day to day news.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The circle or disk in the photo being discussed appears doubtful. There is another picture of a circular object on the surface of the comet, though. It is available for all to see on the European Space Agency/ Rosetta website. It is large, and light in color. It is in the upper middle portion of the image, linked below. It looks as if the circle is partly covered over with cometary material on one edge.
www.esa.int...
edit on 13-8-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved word choice

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Look, I agree that they have a lot of questionable videos ok? But your advice to simply toss something in the wastebasket without even examining it just because it came from a questionable source or known hoaxer (how can you prove someone is either a known hoaxer or someone who's been mislead or is confused?) is just terrible advice buddy. I hope you know I do like you quite a bit but even with my closest friends and family I have to point out errors like this in order to hopefully cause you to examine your own words and beliefs and then better yourself. When i meet or see someone i like, i want you to be better than me, and I'm sure you are in Many ways pal, but better in every way, if possible, is, well, better, because I care about all people pretty equally when it comes to that.

So, would you really risk throwing away a gold mine just because of an assumption? Even the hoaxers are sifting through information and might come across "it" one of those times.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

So, would you really risk throwing away a gold mine just because of an assumption? Even the hoaxers are sifting through information and might come across "it" one of those times.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

That's the problem.

Even if they did come across something that is completely real, with out any doubt at all....no one will believe them, because they lied way too many times.

Really the HOAX Bin on here should be called the LIES Bin. Because that is what a Hoax is: A LIE.

Lie too often, and you loose all credibility to where even if you said: "The sky is blue." people will assume you're lying about that too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join