It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robin Williams Dies of Suspected Suicide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Diabolical

Are you serious? You think depression is gonna stop him from wishing his daughter a happy birthday?

My father has a depression. He's had it his whole life thanks to his mother being an alcoholic and drinking while she was pregnant with him. But spending time with him you would never know he had a depression. And his depression would never stop him from wishing his children, family, and friends a happy birthday.

There is no conspiracy here. Robin took his own life, no one else. May he rest in peace.

I agree. I'm bipolar and I would not miss the chance to tell my daughter happy birthday. I also work very hard to keep others entertained the same way a lot of the comedians do. It's a cover and some people are excellent at it. I was not surprised at all that he did this. There's always a sadness in the eyes regardless of the jokes they tell to keep you from looking too closely.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

What evidence? All you have are assumptions based on zero evidence. The fact is Robin was clinically depressed while also suffering from a bi polar disorder. He recently checked himself into rehab for addiction problems. The evidence says he took his own life.

Please, lets deny ignorance and embrace facts.

Actually, he checked himself into basically assure his sobriety as he was in a severe depression. Not for addiction problems. That he was severely depressed was known to the family. That points even more evidence that he really did commit suicide and backs you up further. I'm not a fan of the accusations either considering his family has to live with the fact that their father did this to them. As much as I love Robin Williams, I feel so bad for his kids.

I'll echo what a few posters have said as well. I have difficulty crying so what I do when I'm confronted with something that depresses and overloads me, I go zany. Make morbid jokes about my circumstance that people are embarrassed to laugh at. Sometimes the pain is so much that you can't cry and you just have to laugh. Crying or laughing--in either way, it's a release.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
May you find peace Robin.
You will be missed.
Thanks for the memories and laughter.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

What evidence? All you have are assumptions based on zero evidence. The fact is Robin was clinically depressed while also suffering from a bi polar disorder. He recently checked himself into rehab for addiction problems. The evidence says he took his own life.

Show me something recently, like JULY, 2014, his problems were in the past, and not in this year zone.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's too bad, I don't really follow all the movie/tv stuff but I was always glad to catch a glimpse of his work. He was quite a funny man. Comedians are often depressed though, higher intelligence people tend to suffer from it more and to put it simply dumb people can't write good comedy. I feel bad for his kids, they're going to spend the rest of their life wondering if there was something they could have done to help their dad not feel miserable.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
Just heard the news at work, I am in shock and awe.
RIP ROBIN!

Looks like he was on the show "The Crazy Ones" and it looks like that show has been cancelled. That may be a possibility of why he committed suicide, or triggered him to go back into depression.

Wow. Still in shock. I never would have thought Robin of all celebrities would commit suicide. So sad.

Thats the problem. "Him of all people" -- so when he needs someone to just go "Hey man, how are you?" no one ever does, because its' "Him of all people"..

no one is immune to depression. WE ALL need someone to just ask how the damn hell we are once in a while.. So many people are always so happy, no one ever cares. its only the sad people that get it.

and when a happy person acts out, because they cant let someone under their skin to see, they are called attention seekers.

Happy people... not so happy.

Depression doesnt see your face.. only your mind.

-- just from personal experience... someone here who no one ever asks about. because I'm always alright... blah

edit on 12-8-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I just think if people want to speculate or present evidence of any conspiracy theories they should make a thread and present their case. This thread and the others are not about that and the people who want to pay their respects and have a place for warm remembrances should have a place for that. Personally I'd be more than interested to see some evidence leading to a conspiracy theory. This why I come to ats. I love to learn about conspiracies. I just think it would be better, for
many reasons, to have that kind of discussion all in one separate place: efficiency, respect, conflict prevention, etc...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

This is the sad state of affairs in todays society. No one just says to anyone, whether ther a celeb or not, "how are you today".

Regardless, of all the Celeb Suicides, this one I did not see coming. I hope those that Screwed him over feel the same pain now that you caused. I am speculating here but his Divorces took a toal.

Either way, I could never do this no matter how I fealt (no disrespect to those that do).

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Robin Williams was a comic genius , today is a day of sadness.

Rest in Peace Mr Williams.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Aaaaaaaaand the horrible jokes start. Damn you sickopedia.com

How long until Robin gets accused of the BBC style abuse and stuff?

Good man deserves respect.

Why do funny people get so depressed?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Why do funny people get so depressed?

Cause they realize they are telling the truth and people are just laughing at it.

Funny people often use serious situation of real life like politics, social issues, racism and stuff like that to get the chock effect, when people see it on the news or discussing it they tend to ignore it cause it's negative, when a comedian then use it to make people laugh they actually show they understand everything by laughing.

The depressing part is you have to make people laugh of something serious to see if they actually understand the topic, in the long run it gets you cause people only want the funny version....sad but true.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

Show me something recently, like JULY, 2014, his problems were in the past, and not in this year zone.

Ask and ye shall receive. I noted this actually in passing last month and hoped he was okay. On July 1, 2014, Robin admitted himself into Hazelden Addiction Clinic in Minnesota in an effort towards "continued sobriety". Originally it was worded as him taking a break after working for the last 18 mos but in hindsight, I'd say that depression was risking the resurrection of his former problems.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Good points.

Comedians understand more than most, they spot the gaps in society to make their jokes.

Perhaps he just got pissed off with humans as a whole and not depressed about his own life.

Either way its a great loss, he had many talents and will be missed no matter the real honest reason for his suicide.

edit on b4747352 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
when I heard the radio news of his 'strangulation'

I immediately thought of that asphyxiation ritual....medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Godspeed Robin.

Very shocking, very sad.

It's like growing up with an old friend and hearing that they've just died.

What can you say?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I had a similar thought about "asphyxiation". It isn't suffocation, but it could be carbon monoxide poisoning or strangulation.

I immediately thought of David Carradine and the way he died.

ETA: What made him star in the movie, "World's Greatest Dad" in 2009? That was a story based around an auto erotic asphyxiation death.
Thought I'd add here that I don't consider such a death as suicide, but as an accidental death.

edit on 12-8-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added last comment

edit on 12-8-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added another comment

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Turns out it wasn't depression but Cocaine and Alcahol Addiction.

He's been on and off it over his Career but his latest binge went too far.

These 'drugs' affect people differently. I find it harder to get off Chocolate than Drink or Drugs (not that I do Drugs now but I did some stuff back in the day).

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Our deepest condolences to Mr.Williams family and friends.The world has lost a unique human being who made us all laugh and enjoy for years...It is so sad that even fame,fortune and health can not heal the old wounds and cuts we all carry throughout our lives...Most great comedians are sad people pretending to be happy and they are just shouting their concerns and worries dressed in funny words and a comic laugh...RIP Mr.Williams.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Turns out it wasn't depression but Cocaine and Alcahol Addiction.

He's been on and off it over his Career but his latest binge went too far.

These 'drugs' affect people differently. I find it harder to get off Chocolate than Drink or Drugs (not that I do Drugs now but I did some stuff back in the day).

He said he quit coc aine after his friend died from it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
R.I.P Robin Williams.

I loved many of his movies and 2 favorites of mine were:
Mrs. Doubtfire
What Dreams May Come

I already posted on another thread , but I still am confused.

asphyxiation
They mentioned the area where he was found,but not exact location (home, garage), why?
Are they waiting for full autopsy to tell us where exactly they found him?

I don't normally get so sad about someone I don't know, never met, but darn it, that man has made me laugh so many times. He was a comedic genius!

I loved his Russian accent.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join