Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Russian Naval Ship Embedded in a Stone Mountain in Murmansk, Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just seems a bit strange to me that there are no rust streaks down the face of the rock, from the rusting ships prow.
Interesting photos, many thanks to the poster.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
looks like a philly expt type screw up, maybe in 2001

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Some pretty cool pictures of the abandoned military base in Murmansk at this link:
planetoddity.com...

For whatever it is worth, on this website the picture in question is called "abandoned-canon-battery".

reminds me of Corregidor thanks for the link. although Corregidor is patrolled to try to stop theft of artifacts from the war. like the US committed back in the 80's stealing a pair of cannon to mount outside some US base (they really should return and remount those stolen goods). Corregidor is kept mostly as it was as a reminder of the war as a historic site.

personally i can't figure out why there is any question about that bow being cut off and mounted there. just look at that nice straight line cut that shows it is not melded to the rock face. not to mention two cut pieces to fill the rather large gap left at the bottom where the cut comes away from the cliff face.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

I see what you are saying. It is a straight cut other than the two pieces. The cut looks like it goes down further than the two cut pieces. Good catch. It does make for a good war memorial

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join