It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a little help with my account.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hello all, so I'm having a bit of a problem. I've forgotten my password for my account here on good'ol ats. And another problem, I lost the password to the email it's connected to. Any mod's perhaps able to help me? Also wasn't sure were to put this thread so, move it freely if needed.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Okabe

I had the same prob a while back. I just made a new account here, and up under where the username goes, I put my old username, so people would know it was still me. ( I wrote like,"previously SyxPak". ) ( The new name I used at the time was SyxDaliGee )
Then about a a month or two later, I stumbled onto my old password here, and am now using my old original account!!!
Just a thought/suggestion for Ya. Good Luck! Syx.
edit on 10-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Yeah, I figured I might just have to do that. I was just proud of my membership since around 2004 or 5, haha.
But thanks for the suggestions

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

The first thing you should do is reset your e-mail password. Then you will have access to it and then you can reset your password from here. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Well see that's one of the problems, I've had the email address since around 2001. And a lot has changed since then, and I had no other email to use for a just in case scenario. So when i reset the password, I have no way of receiving the new one.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Hmmm, well when I did a new name here, I figured I would totally have to forget about the old original account. But then out of the blue, when I WAS NOT even thinking about it, the password popped into my head. Things like that happen to me a lot. When I try to forget something, it will hit me like a brick in the head. (OUCH!!! Dammit!!! ) LOL!!!!
Just sayin, sometimes stuff like that will happen. Maybe has to you in the past as well?
If so.
Relax, and it will come back to ya someday......

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
You could put a message in to a moderator, because emails are 100% private, perhaps proving the ATS account name and the email address that its connected to may be enough to convince them it is yours - but i doubt it.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well, I know from experience that losing a very old email password is extremely difficult. Lucky for me my account was a yahoo account and I just called them and they helped me recover my account.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Well than luckily mine was a yahoo account as well. Where would I find that number to call them?
I wasn't sure that they would do anything, haha.

But thank's to all of you so far for trying to help me out.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

When and if you u get your account back you can put in an alternate email account and or phone number in to reset it by yourself in future.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Yeah I'll definitely have to do that if i get it back.
I'll try calling yahoo perhaps, or if need be talk to a mod.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Yea, I honestly forgot the number but a quick google search will help you out. Yahoo customer support number is what to google. When I called they asked me to remember some old passwords and they type it in and even if its spelt differently their computer will recognize it and they help out from there. Hope you get the help!
edit on 10-8-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

We'll I'm going to go ahead and give that a try, much thanks.

Take care everyone.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

No problem, One thing you should know before hand, and I dont know if its still the same, but you have 3 tries I think. So think really hard about old passwords before you call.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

We'll see I had never changed the password before, just one day it stopped logging in.
I doubt anyone got into it, because my brother in the same house had problems too but eventually was able to log in.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Ok then just give them a call and they should help you out. Get into your yahoo, then you can reset your ATS password. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I use 5 or so alternating passwords between various account types, so if i forget which one is current on an account for some thing, its only going to be one of the 5.

Also they are quite complicated, and most account for ATS and things are connected through one of 2 email accounts for resetting if something should come up.

I never wrote one down, so could happen when my memory starts to go

15 years ive been doing that and no problems.

edit on b0303217 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Yeah I'm the same way, which is why it's so odd that my password is wrong for my email.
I'll have to give them a call, and hopefully have it sorted out.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
After a little checking it seems that Yahoo deactivates any account that hasn't been checked into for 12 months, if you never used the account in the last 12 months that may be the reason. If you have used it in the last 12 months though there seems to be a way to reactivate it. See below. Best of luck.

Yahoo help centre

top topics

join