It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Rock

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Anyone interested message me I will send more.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

for example, my first death metal tape was "cannibal corpse". guess what every song was about? yep, killing and eating the dead. i quickly got over them.

CC songs were not only about killing and eating people, your forgetting the whole "having sex with there corpses" bit.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
As a teen in the eighties, a friend of mine liked Stryper and frankly, that warned me off Christian Rock as a concept - if you heard them you honestly would understand. If you saw them; big hair and stripy black and yellow outfits and all then you would just want to hug any one who had been subjected to it. Shudder.

So anyways, i've listened to pretty much all of what was in this thread, and proper enjoyed "jesus is my friend" in the manner that the poster intended.

Manafest was actually ok when i settled into it.. not really my cup of tea but that's irrelevant really and it was way better than expected.

Most of the rest, for me, really just proved what we all knew all along - that the devil has the best tunes.

Rock is the wrong term for most of this stuff and that misnomer (not self adopted admittedly) has to bear a lot of the blame for most people more or less laughing at this kind of stuff. For Rock at least, the lyrics seem awkward and performers have not yet learned how to "sell" this stuff while rocking out in the appropriate manner.

Blues, folk, etc can work with Christian themes just fine. But:

Some things are made for Rock music

Vikings, Check.

Space rockets, Check.

Booze and boobs, Check.

Christ and how he made someone's life better? Soz, not working for me.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Tourniquet's 'Psycho Surgery' album is one of the absolute finest examples of Rap metal...

Some say that this may actually be the best thrash heavy metal album in Christian music's history.

Artist:Tourniquet - Album: Psycho Surgery - Track: Spineless

A special feature about Psycho Surgery is the song "Spineless": hip-hop group P.I.D. performs at the beginning of the song for two minutes. Kirkpatrick had originally written the lyrics for the band, but eventually P.I.D.'s Lynch and Hogan made up their own lyrics on spot. The vocals were performed by Barry "G" and Fred "Doug Tray", and K-Mack did the sampling.[3] Rap metal was a fresh style of music at the time, and that is why "Spineless" became a popular song at Tourniquet's concerts. en.wikipedia.org...

This is Tourniquet's second release and one of the band's best. "Psycho Surgery" is a huge progression over the band's great debut "Stop The Bleeding". The band was still in the process of finding it's unique sound, what some have termed Thinking Man's Metal. The bands influences , (Slayer, Megadeth, Metalica), clearly show through. The title track is an absolutely amazing Slayer influenced thrasher and still one of the band's best songs. "Sterotaxic Atrocities" is the best song that Megadeth never wrote. Guy Ritter, the band's singer does his best Mustaine on this track. The thrash riffs are heavy and fast. The vocals, handled by Ritter and lead guitarist Gary Lenaire are melodic and agressive. The band not only play great riifs, but they also know how to write great songs . This cd is recommended for fans of lates 80's / early 90's thrash metal. However, unlike so many bands of that time Tourniquet delivers heavy music with a purpose. Music that was made to offer hope in a world so full of despair.

www.amazon.com...

LYRICS:

Gimme the track get back and let me rip this up no jive no shuck
as I truck loads of funk for your rump so pump your fist and
come and get a bump of this

Witness a kid don't even own his own soul playin' the other role
just to be down with the foe I can't understand a coward giving
up his power when you're livin' in the last hour twelve o'clock
Jesus is comin' back schedule is tight I gotta keep my suff intact
slack is wack it's time out for the hack stregthen up your back

Take a look at your friends is that what you want
They're as empty as air, just out for a jaunt