It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible says Pi is 3? Nah...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mattsawaufo

Already acknowledged.

Do me 2 favors: 1.) Add something other than restating what I already admitted, and 2.) Read up on Tesla.

The thread challenges 3 as PI...you have cowered behind a mockery to prove no point.

Get invested, then your 2 cents will have value.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I remember this from Chuck Missler

edit on 10-8-2014 by BlackOops because: Youtube issues

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

Pi can never be 3, it's a mathematical constant found by dividing the circumference of a circle by it's diameter. And your logarithm example of 3^369... well, not only is it impossible to calculate on a regular calculator, simply because the result is greater than anything measurable in the universe. We are talking of gogols here, a number so great there is nothing in the universe, even counting every atom in it, which amounts to such a high number.

www.universetoday.com...

The number of atoms in the entire observable universe is estimated to be within the range of 10^78 to 10^82

Now 3^369 is 1.142202e+176 -- excuse me if I'm wrong, but to me this number looks like a much higher number.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Love the thread. Here is my view:

I am curious to know how you arrive at 30 cubits with your equation. What is the measure of your cubit? In the times of the Phoenician artisan working with Solomon and Hirem, they used a measurement from the elbow to the tip of the fingers. Today, it would be "about" 18 inches.

His instructions were merely giving the craftsman a rough three-to-one ratio between the inner circumference and the outer diameter. Assuming a 3:1 ratio of outer to inner, here are the measurements with a standard measure:

outer diameter-- 10 cubits, or 180 inches
outer radius-- 5 cubits, or 90 inches
inner circumference-- 30 cubits, or 540 inches

Of course, we would need to know the thickness of the wall, but this could be figured by the needed strength of the overall design. In either case, the craftsman would then make the needed exact measurements from the description given by the Phoenician artisan.

Speaking of the Phoenicians, the lettering system they gave us eventually made its way to Hebrew through Abraham's day. The early proto-canannite letters are interesting to define. If you like the science of the Bible, here is one of the best examples:

Aleph (Strong) Bet (House) is the word Abba, or Father. We get alphabet from this word, or letters.

The word Mother is Aleph (Strong) Mem (Water).

The word Son is Bet (House) Nun (Seed).

Put it together. The Letters of the Father make the Son. Once placed in the mother, they make the son. The mother's water is the catalyst for the letters of creation (DNA).

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

The WORD is the Son of God (Bet Nun, or House of Seed). The Mother is the catalyst, or water (Cup) of creation. The Father is the letters that make the Word (DNA in a catalyst to make proteins).

We are programmed as the Temple, or template (Image) from God. Word (information) is the key.

The temple is what was being described in the verses you quote. All of these measurements relate to the human form symbolically.
edit on 10-8-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

Love the thread. Here is my view:

I am curious to know how you arrive at 30 cubits with your equation. What is the measure of your cubit? In the times of the Phoenician artisan working with Solomon and Hirem, they used a measurement from the elbow to the tip of the fingers. Today, it would be "about" 18 inches.

No matter what unit of measure you'd choose to use, the numbers would still be the same. A hexagon with a perimeter of 30 miles, would have a diameter of 10 miles. Likeways, a 30 cubit perimeter would give a diameter of 10 cubits, exactly as the text shows.

His instructions were merely giving the craftsman a rough three-to-one ratio between the inner circumference and the outer diameter. Assuming a 3:1 ratio of outer to inner, here are the measurements with a standard measure:

outer diameter-- 10 cubits, or 180 inches
outer radius-- 5 cubits, or 90 inches
inner circumference-- 30 cubits, or 540 inches

Of course, we would need to know the thickness of the wall, but this could be figured by the needed strength of the overall design. In either case, the craftsman would then make the needed exact measurements from the description given by the Phoenician artisan.

The thickness of the wall is given in the text as one hand, and one cubit is six hands, alternately 7 hands for the royal/angelic cubit. The numbers still wouldn't add up. The text also shows the sea was shaped according to the "Flower of the Lily" also called "Solomon's Lily" which basically is a hexagon. Lilies have six petals ("crown leaves" or "flower leaves"), again, six points in a circle.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: typo+ explanation of petals

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Just thought I should show how the geometric shape called Solomon's Lily or Flower of the Lily draws a hexagon, and I have superimposed it's simple, yet precise, measures:

No need for intricate inner or outer measures, different cubits or the typical last stand remarks that the numbers given are mere approximations. A hexagon is indeed round, and is shaped according to the Flower of the Lily, and the hexagon was central to both King David and his son King Solomon.

The measures given are even 100% precise given it was a hexagon, well, why even bother with trying to pose another theory? A thread of 30 cubits (ells) won't reach around a circle with a diameter of 10 cubits (ells), you would need a thread almost a yard longer, or 1.4 cubits longer.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

No arguments there. I enjoyed the thread and your perspective.

Consider the word Lily from the Hebrew Lexicon. In the lexicon, it would always be represented by the white lily. White is symbolic of a circle developing layers. A pearl is a good metaphor. Sheep circling the wilderness develop a coat of wool is another. The wool is washed white, then given back as a robe. Our new body comes from circling the wilderness season after season. You must be born again. In all cases, white represents cycles of time in a circle. Shoshan is the word for male lily, or from Hebrew Shesh meaning six, or six-fold symetry.

"I am the rose (chabatseleth) of Sharon, and the lily (shoshan) of the valleys. As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters." Song of Songs 2:1-2.

This is the original symbol making the star of David. The occult star is not a relation to this star, but a false image of what it really represents:

Picture

The temple is the body of man symbolized by the physical temple in Israel.

edit on 10-8-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Shoshan is the word for male lily, or from Hebrew Shesh meaning six, or six-fold symetry.

Sha-zam! There you have it, case closed!
Thanks for the heads-up

edit on 10-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Now that I think about my last comment about the circle of time, this likely has some relation to the Jewish calendar of 360 days in a year. So much of what we are reading in the Bible is symbolism for something else. Unless a person searches the letters and roots of Hebrew, the meaning is not immediately clear. I have never done a real word search on these verses, but I do think the larger context of the temple template relates to man and his domain.

For instance, 6 is the number of mankind. When John reveals that the mark of mankind is 666 in Revelation 13, he is pointing out that Carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons, or the mark of mankind (Carbon). If you know the symbolism of the end times commerce system, you recognize a system based on fossil fuel. Go back to Genesis 3 and you see the fruit in the middle of the garden that will kill man from knowledge, or technology. The fruit of knowledge is technology.

Defining symbolism is how to properly read the Bible. The keys are the letters and roots of Hebrew.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Well, although this is a sidetrack, I believe the number of the beast was 616 in the original Apocalypse and that it points to the name of Jeshua in Latin, Jesus (Lat. Iesvs Gr. Iesous, both adding up to 616 in Hebrew gematria) which sums up to 616. Then at some point, the Romans/Church changed it into the number of the divine man, 666, thereby fulfilling the prophecy concerning it.

For originally, as intended, Jesus carried the sins of mankind as intended, but with a stroke of pen, the Romans/Church changed a single letter and managed to turn every living human on the planet into 'beasts of burden' or rather antichrists, all carrying the number of the beast in their very anatomical proportions, 666, and established their worldwide religion and produced the edited gospels and texts needed to support their sacrilege world empire, centred around a man who was killed and revived. Exactly what the prophecy says.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: typos

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Hi Utnapisjtim,

Another brilliant OP from you. However in this instance I think there is little evidence that it existed pre BC Old Testament days when its first use is noted around 200-300AD

en.wikipedia.org...

The use of the hexagram in a Jewish context as a possibly meaningful symbol may occur as early as the 11th century, in the decoration of the carpet page of the famous Tanakh manuscript, the Leningrad Codex dated 1008.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well, the hexagram is not just a logo, it is the base of our clock, our calendar, geography, astronomy.... as long as we have made maps and counted the days for progression of stars, well, the hexagram is the most primitive star you can construct and you see it in everything from beehives and atomic structures to the standard of the fallen. It is a symbol of immense power. Who controls the stars and the Atlas, orders the world to roll.

Like the five pointed star, the six pointed one is basic, and the second Man tied a string to their stylus this form has been understood and venerated. Among other as the cyclus of planet Jupiter. The geometry of our clocks, the limits of the zodiac. Whether you divide a circle in 12 or 36 or 144, it's the same shape. Littering funnynumbers all over the place. 666? Same shape. Hexagram, 666 is really the upmost sacred number. Roma turned it in to whatever they had made 616 mean.

But sorry guys, I've been drinking tonight, I really shouldn't discuss this sheet. So I'll leave it there and prepare a tabula rasa for tomorrow. But bottomline is, the Book of Amos shows Israel observed the Jupiter-Saturn cycle, and everything speaks towards these people also kept the lily sacred. Real or in geometric principle.
edit on 10-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: rock'n'roll

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeZet
a reply to: Galileo400

Exactly. God also reveals and confirms himself to us through the accuracy of what's written in the bible. Back then, they didn't describe things like we do in modern science, but it's not hard to see that what they described is very accurate and matches modern science. They israelites had a culture very similar to other cultures around them, but their laws were greatly different. They said they received them from God. That really makes sense when you look at the specifics in these laws. Now that we can look at it with modern science, and confirm everything, it proves God's omnipotence. Those people couldn't know the detailed function of all these laws for hygiene and measurements, astrology etc. But God knew. It's like he explicitly wanted it to be included. Everything, and not a single world less, so we, today, can prove it to be true by todays knowledge. We van say "Yes. God proves himself through his word. " He is outside of time, without beginning and without end.

People back then couldn't het this specific knowledge by themselves. They don't explain their methods in depth enough for that to be true. They just followed the laws.

Wut. Can people please stop saying things like this without backing it up at all...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
666 is NOT the number of a person like "The Antichrist" nor chemistry nor any false religious extrapolation.The scriptures are about ONE thing only they are a testimony that "testifies of "Yahoshua" which means Yahweh is salvation/deliverance.

The main body of the scriptures is about the nation of Israel.They are the 12 sons(the patriarchs) of Jacob(Israel).The most significant" concept" in the scriptures is the "naming" of people and things.Jacob (which means heel catcher and conniver) becomes Israel (which means struggles with ELhoim (God) or God rules)

Israels 12 sons are his heirs.They are the archetype of ALL of mankind(the chosen people of God sometimes called the ekkelsia..the church).The mothers(4 different women all together) of the 12 sons gave each one of them their name.They were not arbitrary. The majority of people don't know but a few so I'll list all of them in birth order.

Reuben,Simeon,Levi,Judah,Dan,Issachar,Gad,Asher,Naphtali,Zebulun,Joseph,Benjamin,

By the time they were encamped in the wilderness their was a modification of the "heirs".Joseph was sold into slavery when he was young and rose to be 2nd of command in Egypt(a whole other story) so he gave his birthright to his two half Egyptian sons Manasseh and Ephraim…so now there are 13(excluding Joseph).In the wilderness journey Levi became the "priest" and did not have a part of the inheritance so it was down to 12 again.

When the high priest Aaron (Moses brother) entered the Holy of Holies each year he represented the 12 son/tribes.He wore a breastplate that had 12 stones one for each son/tribe.It was arranged in a 3x4 matrix from 1st born to youngest right to left ,top to bottom.This is the order

Judah-Simeon- Reuben
Gad-Naphtlali-Dan
Zebulun- Issachar-Asher
Ephraim- Manasseh -Benjamin

In a system called gematria each Hebrew letter equaled a number.Each sons "name" was a number(the number of their name).This is how the "number names" were arranged on Aaron's breastplate
30-466-259
7-570-54
95-830-501
331-395-162

There doesn't seem to be a pattern until the names are "summed" and equal 3,700(37x100)
The bottom (4th)row(Ephraim -Manasseh -Benjamin)=

331+395+162=888

the 3rd row(Zebulun- Issachar-Asher) plus Dan in the 2nd row=

95+830+501+54=1480

The remainder of the 2nd row and the 1st row(Judah-Simeon-Reuben-Gad-Naphtali)
30+466+259+7+570=1332

Each of these number name groups are also multiples of 37
888=37x24
1480=37x40
1332=37x36

The sum of the Sons Of Israel name =3700
3700/2=1850

The sons of Israel 1-3-5-7-9-11 names…Reuben -Judah-Naphtali-Asher-Zebulun-Manasseh
259+30+870+501+95+395=1850

The sons of Israel 2-4-6-8-10-12 names …..Simeon-Dan-Gad-Issachar-Benjamin-Ephraim
466+54+7+830+162+331=1850

The number of these names were not arbitrary they have very specific sums.They did not know what those sums were nor the significance.However the most significant are 888 and1480.The new Testimony was written in Koine Greek.Greek gematria is called isopsephia.The Hebrew name Yahoshua(English transliteration) was translated into Greek as Iesous.

The isopsephia:
888=Iesous
1480=christos
888+1480=2368

In the book of Revelation 666 is also the number of a name.

Revelation13:18:
"Here is wisdom.Let him that has understanding"calculate"[the root meaning of isopsephia] the number of the beast which is[also] the number of man(kind) and that number is 666".

The beast=666
Mankind=666

666+666=1332
(Judah-Simeon-Reuben-Gad-Naphtali)

edit on 11-8-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Consider the word Lily from the Hebrew Lexicon […] Shoshan is the word for male lily, or from Hebrew Shesh meaning six, or six-fold symetry.

Indeed. 'Lily' is Heb ששן (ssn or shoshan) while 'six' is Heb שש (ss or shesh) so we can assume a connection, since the lily always has six petals. Also Heb ששה (ssh or shasha) means 'to divide in six' and Heb ששי (ssj or shishi) means 'a sixth part' as in '1/6th'.

This is the original symbol making the star of David. The occult star is not a relation to this star, but a false image of what it really represents:

Picture

That picture you found there (link), looks very much like yet another representation of what the molten sea represents. Note the cross or rather the compass-rose (the base of 12 bulls) and Solomon's lily on top (the molten bronze sea). Then we can yet again assume that indeed the bronze sea could very well have had a hexagonal shape. The combined symbology is represented in art and probably displays the 'compass rose' (cross) together with 'compass lily' (hexagon) representing triangulation, mapmaking and navigating.

Ever noticed how old maps are criss-crossed by 60° lines? Or wondered why the clock has 12 hours, or why the circle has 360°, how there are 60 minutes of sixty seconds in an arc degree, just as in the hour? This. I think Solomon had a great logo made to illustrate his "god-given" power both in heaven and earth.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Never seen this explanation before. Looks legit. Like the rest of the funnynumbers they show up everywhere, for people noticed these fractions and sums, they were easy to remember and they stand out from the crowd. But cool research indeed, did you figure this out yourself?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Consider the word Lily from the Hebrew Lexicon […] Shoshan is the word for male lily, or from Hebrew Shesh meaning six, or six-fold symetry.

Indeed. 'Lily' is Heb ששן (ssn or shoshan) while 'six' is Heb שש (ss or shesh) so we can assume a connection, since the lily always has six petals. Also Heb ששה (ssh or shasha) means 'to divide in six' and Heb ששי (ssj or shishi) means 'a sixth part' as in '1/6th'.

Picture

That picture you found there (link), looks very much like yet another representation of what the molten sea represents. Note the cross or rather the compass-rose (the base of 12 bulls) and Solomon's lily on top (the molten bronze sea). Then we can yet again assume that indeed the bronze sea could very well have had a hexagonal shape. The combined symbology is represented in art and probably displays the 'compass rose' (cross) together with 'compass lily' (hexagon) representing triangulation, mapmaking and navigating.

Ever noticed how old maps are criss-crossed by 60° lines? Or wondered why the clock has 12 hours, or why the circle has 360°, how there are 60 minutes of sixty seconds in an arc degree, just as in the hour? This. I think Solomon had a great logo made to illustrate his "god-given" power both in heaven and earth.

I just did an experiment. To construct a 90° cross with a lily ontop, you will have to use 3 tools and a total of 12 operations (6 for the cross, 6 for the lily), as shown in the illustration I made below:

[1] Draw a straight horizontal line using a pencil and a straightedge.
[2] Mark off a point in the middle of the line
[3] Draw a circle with radius r, with centre in the point from [2]
[4]&[5] Draw a vesica pisces with radius 2r where [3] intersects with [1]
[6] Draw the vertical line from the intersections of the vesica pisces arcs
[7] Draw a circle with radius r with centre where [3] intersects with [6]
[8]-[12] draw five more such circles along [3] where the circles intersect

The number 12 is central to anything Hebrew, so it makes sense that this shape was chosen for the blueprint of the 'cast bronze sea' in Solomon's Temple.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: syntax and shortened explanation

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

3^369 = hrm... = 114 220 219 797 390 847 899 906 202 998 097 281 809 766 047 839 867 909 377 926 728 683 532 170 004 744 748 760 786 908 415 054 958 712 233 968 343 623 880 641 606 846 470 896 870 766 022 746 624 908 343 018 751 468 146 732 900 873 283

Which is waaay more than:

==> 1 × 10^176 (what, dark sub-atomic quantum Tesla quark earths?)

Compare that number to the estimated number of atoms in our universe:

==> 1 × 10^80 atoms

Hm...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It was round, ten cubits from brim to brim […] and a line of thirty cubits measured its circumference […] It stood on twelve oxen, three facing north, three facing west, three facing south, and three facing east. The sea was set on them, and all their rear parts were inward […] its brim was made […] like the flower of a lily.

Made a drawing of how the "sea of cast metal" might have been arranged according to the description in Kings and Chronicles:

This sketch of the sea seen from above fits the measures given exactly (10 cubits across and 30 cubits around) and it rests on twelve oxen, three in each cardinal direction within the limits, and it's edge or brim is shaped according to the "flower of the lily", meaning, it's hexagonal in shape, lilies always have six petals and the Hebrew word for six is the root of the word for lily.

I tried lining up the cows in several different configurations, but I ended on the one above, since it fits the description quite elegantly, while ensuring weight distribution and stability is optimal.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It is alchemy that is being referenced here. Perhaps someone wanted to hide the .14 part of the recipe. I have to say thanks for the reminder.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join