It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Goes Ballistic, Test Nuke-Missiles Capable of Reaching US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: lostbook

Why wouldn't they test them? Why should the US be the only country in the world capable of hitting a man sized target with their nukes anywhere in the world?

I say good for China, I hope they continue to test and improve their systems, even if they don't have a particular enemy or target in mind.

Encouraging the development and or advancement of nuclear weapons by any country including the US goes beyond my comprehension.

This coming from a tobacco chewing/gun loving/die hard patriotic american.

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ok. Stopped laughing hard enough to be able to type again. BRICS? Almost started laughing again!
Sigh. Let's See, where were we, ah, nuclear missiles. China has what again?
Does China have these ?

www.suasnews.com...
No? These go over Beijing a couple of times a day. Good luck trying to shoot it down!

The B-37C Space Bomber. It's how to do FOBS the RIGHT way?
Also, very stealthy, there are no launch plumes to detect!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I agree. Of course they are preparing, just like everyone else is and has been for several years. On occasion I think to test the equipment you have is a wise move. With the ever growing US war machine marching on and invading countries at will, it is a good idea to be on the ready.

Don't agree on this assessment. While I do agree on that the aircraft are not a direct threat ... it is however a puzzle in the game, because if you wanted to test others "equipment". You'd do that, by sending in "observers" onto the battlefield, where the US is doing some fighting. This is what both sides did, during conflicts, in the cold war. Each picked a side, then sent observers to observe how their equipment did and how the countermeasures were with the other side.

The only use of letting fighter bombers fly over US soil, is not to test equipment ... but to test reaction. Not military reaction, because you already knew that part. But to test "official" and "public" reactions.

The US did the same with N-Korea. They sent US bombers over Korea, nuclear capable, and Kim Il Jung, peed in his pants and the reaction was enormous. It's "this" reaction, they are monitoring ... the message is "you wanna go this far?" ... "wanna play chicken?". And the reaction on the public scene, is what gives them the answer. Scrambling of fighter jets is assumed, and their flying time to the target is irrelevant.

edit on 9/8/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
could be they want a stand off weapon to threaten places like the US, when they make their move to take the disputed territories. "you interfere, we nuke you". that is what owning nuclear missiles is all about.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why shouldn't China have missiles that can reach the US. The US has missiles that can hit China easily. Now them not having these missiles already is kind of strange, they can launch satellites into orbit and send rovers to the moon. I think they probably have had them for a while. Since when did they have to tell the USA of what they have. I am sure the USA military does not tell all the countries of their technology, Same with Russia and many other countries.

Priorities and prestige. You want to impress your neighbors but have a limited budget. Do you spend it on a burglar alarm or a flashy car? So the Chinese go for the Moon projects first, then some new aircraft carriers, stealthy fighter planes, freeways and then they get around to building the long range ICBM's, silos and the command/control structure.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
It seems that China is preparing for something.............

Does it?

What was the US preparing for in 1957 then?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

originally posted by: lostbook
It seems that China is preparing for something.............

Does it?

What was the US preparing for in 1957 then?

It's called 'influence'.

It's why police carry guns.

The problem with this type of 'influence' is that it is based on control and control by it's nature must continually escalate in order to be effective. This is the cause of proliferation.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would agree with the posters talking about regular upgrades as well as the US shift into the region. With China's issues with surrounding nations, those nations are pretty much putting up a united front against China so there is some issues there.

As for BRICS - I started a thread today discussing what it is / overview.
What is BRICS and what is its purpose / goals

edit on 9-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

My friend, there's ALWAYS someone with their finger on the proverbial nuclear trigger. I believe they're called "minute-men" but I may be mistaken.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Always prestige over priorities.

Always.

edit on 20-8-2014 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Time for a geo-ecomonics lesson, boys and girls.

Hong Kong based Hutchison Whampoa (a Chinese company) owns the leases and operates the two ports and the east and west ends of the Panama Canal. China has - for years - medium-range ballistic missiles that if fired from these two ports could hit most cities in North America. I'm sure you understand that hiding such a missile in one of the many warehouses located in these ports would be easy.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
what a shame it would be if the USA and China took each other out?

Cant say i would mind

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dbarnhart

Are you sure?

ACP Administration

There is a council that overseas the Canal and all members are Panamanian and are appointed by the Panamanian government.

Also, Hong Kong is currently challenging the Chinese government for trying to screw them over by ignoring the treaty that allowed 1 nation 2 systems.

China will allow residents of Hong Kong to vote for their leader, however China is forcing an issue where candidates are screened and approved by China - IE China is forcing Hong Kong to elect a Chinese administrator.

If Panama discovers China is placing weapons in their country I doubt China would be keeping those leases, or anything else to do with the canal.

edit on 21-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
we all want to feel safe and secure
who can blame them for wanting an extra layer of protection?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
we all want to feel safe and secure
who can blame them for wanting an extra layer of protection?

Protection from what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join