It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Goes Ballistic, Test Nuke-Missiles Capable of Reaching US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It seems that China is preparing for something.............

The number of China’s nuclear-armed missiles capable of hitting the United States is expected to expand to well over 100 within the next 15 years, the report said. According to NASIC, the DF-31A has a range of more than 6,800 miles. The CSS-4 has a range of more than 7,500 miles. Both carry a single nuclear warhead. The DF-31A test was the fourth known flight test of the missile and came about a year after the last DF-31A flight test on July 24, 2013. Earlier DF-31A flight tests took place on Nov. 30, 2012 and Aug. 30, 2012. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Why is China testing missiles capable of reaching the US? Is something big about to go down on the World stage? It sure looks that way as Russia and China seem to be posturing themselves to take on the US, either financially or militarily; S Korea seems to be waiting in the wings to enter the battlefield also. Things are very tense right now and everyone is waiting to make their move except maybe Russia who is flying Nuclear capable bomber jets closer and closer to US airspace and testing the waters:
endthelie.com...

What says ATS?

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
China is not my concern militarily, (yes I know they are closing the gap fast) they already have us by the short and curlies economically. all they are doing now is getting the checkmark in all the right boxes to be taken seriously as a super power.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Do you blame them?

Second line: Can you say BRICS?

edit on 8-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Things are not very tense right now, China are not going to fire missiles at the US.
Nobody is waiting to make their move.

You make it sound like everyone's finger is on the trigger...
Which they are not

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I agree. Of course they are preparing, just like everyone else is and has been for several years. On occasion I think to test the equipment you have is a wise move. With the ever growing US war machine marching on and invading countries at will, it is a good idea to be on the ready.
edit on 8-8-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It's their tech. As far as i'm concerned, they can do whatever they want with it, providing they don't use it for combat purposes.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

It is simply a component of asserting power and influence on a global scale. I mean, they have a very well rounded space program and have sent up both maned and unmanned operations now. It makes sense that they would further testing of already existing capabilities in the military arena.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Since the US "Asian pivot" I'd say China was preparing to defend themselves. Along with modernizing their military which seems a good idea with the current state of affairs globally.

The fact that the US is trying to gain control of Eurasia as well is probably one of their prime motivators. That and China's push toward becoming a reserve currency leaves at least the possibility they may need some serious military capabilities in the not so distant future.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Do you blame them?

Second line: Can you say BRICS?

Yes, I can. I almost included BRICS in my post but I assumed that everyone already knew about that. It's a definite concern for me.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why shouldn't China have missiles that can reach the US. The US has missiles that can hit China easily. Now them not having these missiles already is kind of strange, they can launch satellites into orbit and send rovers to the moon. I think they probably have had them for a while. Since when did they have to tell the USA of what they have. I am sure the USA military does not tell all the countries of their technology, Same with Russia and many other countries.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Watched a lot of Sci-Fi movies in my youth - a lot based on the ChiCom threat. Yes China does have probably have capability to hit the US but why 1) hit your biggest export market 2) Damage where your investments are held ?

Id call that an own goal

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
It's their tech. As far as i'm concerned, they can do whatever they want with it, providing they don't use it for combat purposes.

But that's my point, DAAS. Russia and China are in ca-hoots and they are each testing the waters. Did you read the other link I provided in the OP about Russia flying its Nuke capable bombers closer and closer to US airspace?
endthelie.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silk
Watched a lot of Sci-Fi movies in my youth - a lot based on the ChiCom threat. Yes China does have probably have capability to hit the US but why 1) hit your biggest export market 2) Damage where your investments are held ?

Id call that an own goal

Good point. However, if the BRICS successfully set up their own currency as they are trying to do will China even need the US for investment anymore? As I understand it the BRICS are moving to drop FIAT currency in favor of currency based on the Gold Standard.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Id call that an own goal

Good point. However, if the BRICS successfully set up their own currency as they are trying to do will China even need the US for investment anymore? As I understand it the BRICS are moving to drop FIAT currency in favor of currency based on the Gold Standard.

Getting BRICS off the ground will be one thing, making such a dramatic pivot is another. Although, it may be the only chance they'd ever get. The western war machine is moving full speed ahead leaving nothing but rubble, blood and DU in its wake.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
China already has ICBMs that can hit the US as do a number of other countries. This is more posturing.

Does it help that Japan just revoked article 9 of their constitution here recently?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Earlier today, I was reminiscing about how my daughter's first words she could read were "made in China". It was like a party trick because she knew that everything said it so I would ask her to read the back of any product in front of my friends and this plucky little 1-year-old girl would say "made in China!" and everybody would laugh.

I don't think China would ever nuke us. It's where they keep their stuff!

edit on 8-8-2014 by Cuervo because: grammar

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Id call that an own goal

Once in a while comes someone who says something like that... and clearly doesnt know the answer.

The answer is... "Theres a whole new world besides the sinking US".

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Welcome to the 1960's?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Officially china already had about 150 ICBMs or a total of about 300 to 400 nuclear weapons total that could hit the continental U.S. this is probably a modernization effort. however china has been lying about the actual number of nukes they have. they actually have about up to 3000 at a hidden 2rd artillery corps bunker and tunnel system.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ents.html
edit on 9-8-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Why wouldn't they test them? Why should the US be the only country in the world capable of hitting a man sized target with their nukes anywhere in the world?

I say good for China, I hope they continue to test and improve their systems, even if they don't have a particular enemy or target in mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join