It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romania Breaking News-Innocent people sent to jail ,TV news channel almost shutted down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PaulTheDuke

As I said, these are different cases. And both the man that was paying for, and the man (president's brother) that got the money ARE IN JAIL.

Now, back to the topic, I'm feeling we're derailing the thread here. I already mentioned my suggestion to open up another thread for other cases. This one should be all about the guilty verdict, the 10 years in jail, and the "almost shutted down tv station".

1 - The judges found him guilty, sentenced him to 10 years in jail and claimed back the money he stole from the Romanian state (from all of us, actually). If we're now claiming the sentence is unfair and the man is not guilty, I'm out. I'm not even trying to discuss the judges' decision.

2 - Ain't nobody shutting that tv station! The state confiscated the building the station airs from. They are renting space there, and if they pay their rent on time, they can continue to air from that specific location. Failure to pay rent will probably lead to all the tv tech they have to be evicted from premises. Meaning they are free to search for a new location to air from.

Hope that clears it up for any ATS members reading and trying to sail between the accusations here.
edit on 11-8-2014 by negue because: Engrish

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Enough!

Stick to the topic, quit with the name calling and insults - further thread disruption will result in post bans.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thank you kosmicjack.
--
One more piece of info related to both the convicted money launderer and one of his tv stations: one of the trials still being judged is a blackmail case. Tv station representatives would force media buying on some companies. The companies unwilling to pay were threatened to be the object of defamatory news (expired products being sold, different diseases found in their products ect). This entire scheme is documented by DNA (National Anticorruption Directorate - wiki here).

And "our" freshly convicted dude enters in play like this: through phone surveillance he was caught giving orders and advice to his daughter Camelia (tv station manager) on how to convince the companies to pay up.

This is one of the trials that will keep Voiculescu behind bars, even after he finishes the 1/3 of jail time he will do before being able to apply for conditional release.

The link for details is here, sorry it's in Romanian: anticoruptie.hotnews.ro... You could use the online translators to get at least some idea of what's being said there.

He also has another trial for blackmail, they (him, daughter and some tv station director) tried to force a cable provider to relay some of their programmes, paying ~10 million dollars per year. Here comes another link in Romanian: anticoruptie.hotnews.ro...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: negue

I can't describe the feelings I have now.You showed in this videos the 3 victims of Voiculescu's telepathy and you keep spreading this......More weirdo is that those 3....people showed in the same day,the same hour and the same minute to accuse him....Where is the video ? They only present the news there.... I can't say that your arguments are illogical because I am going to be banned.
RCS RDS was clearly payed by Traian Basescu or one his servants to fabricate this accusation.

Read this please....just read as I did to yours....

economie.hotnews.ro... il-pentru-orice-buna-credinta-tinta-acestui-proces-fost-antena-1-antena-3-este-gest-incalificabil-din-partea-d.htm

For the other ATS members...Use online translation please.....

PS: You posted news from the president's TV news channel.Well played mate,well played....

edit on 11-8-2014 by PaulTheDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Victims of telepathy? Is this a mis translation or is this guy really supposedly a telepath? a reply to: PaulTheDuke

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I said it before, the tv station is not part of that trial. Also, they do not own the building they air from, they rent the space. It's just that from now on they won't be paying rent to the convicted money launderer, but to the Romanian state.

Stop saying it's about press freedom, it's not. The tv station was not off-air even for 1 sec after their owner got the guilty verdict. They're on air right now, I just checked

Stop saying the money launderer is innocent. He's not. If you continue to, I'll have to ask for your law studies certificate. That's the only way of going down that road.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

((That's how they try to prove his innocence on that trial, "why would the 3 denouncers all go to the authorities at the same time? Must be telepathy!". They fail to understand that maybe all 3 dudes were asked to be there at a specific time.))

Edit: I'm sorry, what I said is not true. I decided to leave the text there, for reference.

I looked it up and here's how telepathy comes in play: it is about the same trial the OP mentioned in his first post. The conclusion of the prosecutors states that the actions of the accused can not be denied in any reasonable way. The only impossible explanation would be that either Voiculescu is a telepath, or his accomplices are really stupid. Not kidding, that's what the prosecutors said.

Here's a link to a Romanian article explaining exactly this whole "telepathy" thing: www.hotnews.ro... novatia-liderului-complicilor-putea-contrazisa-doar-prin-telepatie-sau-prostie.htm
edit on 11-8-2014 by negue because: wrong info

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
First and foremost, I am terribly sorry for you and the Romanian people.
Now I find it terribly naive to believe that this is a mere coincidence. I can smell rotten Russian vodka from here, and its starting to cover Europe once again. There is now 0% doubt in me that the USSR wants to take over again. Imperialism will never die...

Those kids in Turkey fighting in the name of the communist party, all that has happened in Ukraine,now this and I'm sure there's plenty more to come. The Cold War apparently never ended, it was just suspended. This is terrible news for freedom and democracy all around. We can definitely expect more arbitrary incarcerations, complete media control by the state, an increase in corruption and then some more of everything!

By the way, I'm in no way a geopolitics expert, but it seems that controlling the Black Sea is the strategy for now.
If any of you are interested, I suggest keeping up on news and reading some history on the countries surrounding the Black Sea. Just having a puppet in control is not enough, there needs to be very tight and strict control over the countries that are being taken over.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Nope,that telepathy wasn't a step to prove his innocence.My head is getting more and more sick by this illogical arguments.That telepathy thing was the opposite of what you said,it was even included in the arguments of the prosecturs....

The only impossible explanation would be that either Voiculescu is a telepath, or his accomplices are really stupid. Not kidding, that's what the prosecutors said.

Yes,and after all of that,the prosecutors must say an imposible argument in order not to call them stupids.This is disgusting

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Found this in English laviniastan.wordpress.com... and finally read his Wikipedia page. Translated a few articles..

Dan Voiculescu, is an admitted informer to the brutal Securitate of the now ousted former communist dictator regime. Somehow, even under the severe economic strains placed upon Romania by this very regime, he amassed a fortune worth billions of dollars. That's billion with a "B".

This guy is dirtier than last week's diapers. So of course he became a politician.

He fought a law, tooth and nail, that would make it possible to look into the finances of politicians and later substituted it with a weak law described by international media as "watered down". His investigations for corruption include stealing from the National Lottery,money laundering,and influence peddling.

He was found guilty in October last year and sentenced to 5 years and just recently found guilty again and sentenced to 10 years.

Is this all politically motivated? Perhaps.
Is this guy guilty as homemade sin? Without a doubt.

edit on 12-8-2014 by abe froman because: a little more research.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. Part of your discoveries is also mentioned in my post here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

i'm also romanian, and i also don't support our current president. But the guy that went to jail totally deserved it.
have you any idea how he got his $600 million? He used to be in charge of Ceausescu's bank accounts. Where is Ceausescu's money now?

Antena 3, the news channel owned by Dan Voiculescu is close to being the worst channel we get on tv. they're like Fox News of Romania. They constantly try to brainwash you..
So, Paul the duke, keep out of politics and dont listen to just one side of the story, especially when it's being told by Antena 3.

also, where do you get your info besides Gadea and Badea?
edit on 12-8-2014 by panaitescu because: incomplete

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: panaitescu

also, where do you get your info besides Gadea and Badea?

I am not watching B1 because they disgust me.I also watch Romania TV a little and Realitatea.I have to say that I don't like to make politics,but this atrocity needs to be presented.
EDIT: And that is why Antena 3 is affiliated to CNN,because they are like Fox News.
edit on 12-8-2014 by PaulTheDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Read this damn articleeconomie.hotnews.ro... e-vizibil-pentru-orice-buna-credinta-tinta-acestui-proces-fost-antena-1-antena-3-este-gest-incalificabil-din-partea-d.htm ,use online translator to get an idea....This process had Antena 3 the main target.It is under your nose and you still deny it
edit on 12-8-2014 by PaulTheDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

In Romania we have dictatorship.There is almost no more freedom here,repeat again ALMOST,every other TV news channel doesn't have any problem because they support him or they aren't on any sides.Antena 3 keeps telling the truth and almost everything that really happens here in Romania,and I am not the only one who has problems here,there are 7.4 millions who said that,and not the other 8-9 million in which half of the them are dead people.
We have to see what happens after the ellections and to see every files and accusations brought to our President.
And after the ellections I think that I am going to make a thread about that.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

That's your opinion, I respect that. But the vast majority of Romanians do not agree with you. Do you have any idea what dictatorship means? You would not be able to post on the internet, for once...

As for charging the current president, I have nothing against it. If the same DNA (National Anticorruption Directorate) deems he should be sent to trial, then so be it. You won't see us protesting against a correct trial, like you protest now.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: metodex

You're right about the Russian vodka stench. The convicted and his tv stations are against the EU and against USA. They'd rather live under Russian ruling.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

They don't support russians...Goddamnit...And they aren't against US.Some journalists there are against US but some aren't.Another disinformation....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join