It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best meat? - need help settling a debate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Just have to say, my most favorite threads are the ones that have real meat in them.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Bald eagle was succulent, but I'd have to say the northern spotted owl was even better!
Really though, some of the meats in here are getting pretty.. exotic.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

The best meats come from the sea. You can talk about things like great bbq ribs, but thats really a tribute to the pit master, not the meat itself. Same with bacon: Ive had tempeh prepared by a master at curing bacon, and all the bacony flavor was there. Its not the meat, its what those masters do with it.

But the great meats of the sea can be served raw, with the minimal adornments, as a great sushi chef can show you. The meat stands absolutely on its own. Do that with pork or chicken and get ready for a trip to the hospital.

My personal favorite is raw pacific oysters on the half shell. You can taste the ocean, the tide. Its a wonderful experience with a closeness to nature you dont get from the meats that need to he processed and cooked.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I would have to say Tuna ( Steak or Loin ), lightly seared to perfection.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Slow cooked smoked pork, it will cause your tongue to slap the back of your head off...it's that good. Slows cooked over hickory, be warned...it will cause a devastating case of "mud butt" if you over do it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Tip:

Cook it in garlic butter in its own shell...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Onto the OP question..

It really depends on how it's cooked!

A great cut of steak can be ruined if not cooked properly...

I think it's a tie between two for me, and I'll specify how i like to cook them as well..

Steak: thick rib eye, like 2 inches thick, marinated in Nandoes hot peri peri marinade for 24 hours, then seared in a hot pan on all sides then slow cooked in the oven for 2 hours.

Pork: pork belly rashers, again marinated but in a home made sweet sticky sauce, cook in the oven for an hour

Yum!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
King crab meat is the best. Followed very closely by beef steak. Maybe a strip steak with kind crab wrapped around it?

But I'll also have to add deer. If made right it can be better than beef.
edit on 8-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It all depends on your location. If I was at my grandpas house in Nebraska when he is butchering, I would have to vote for a juicy beef steak. Living a few miles away from the Kenai river in Alaska though, I have to vote for a fresh salmon fillet. That gorgeous firm red meat, almost dripping with oil, just minutes out of the ocean, beats any of them out. But then again a fresh smoked bacon from an heirloom pig is a contender as well. I can see where chicken lost out, but you have to revisit fresh king crab, boiled with old bay and swimming in butter, and scallops, mmmm.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Venison steaks or a Venison stew with bell peppers.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Filet mignon, cause bacon!
T-Bone
Lobster
And did I mention bacon?
Most red meat...
I'm a hardcore carnivore

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Bald eagles crocodiles and horses? what is next panda bears and kittens?! this is more like a zoology tread.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

For me, a properly cooked NY strip steak is very hard to beat.

I would, however, include crab legs in the list. Hard to beat that delicate sweet flavor dipped into garlic butter.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexteramLucifer
a reply to: skunkape23

A star for you simply because you know what a coonass is.
Never could get on w/ the mudbug crowd though because I'm not sucking the brains out of any animal lol

You don't know what you're missing. We have a few big crawfish boils when they're in season.
There is almost complete silence when time comes to dig in. All you hear is shells cracking and heads being sucked.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: shapur

You missed my post lol.
Baby panda deep fried (ok it's on my to eat list).

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Any large prawn (bigger than your thumb) + melted garlic butter is pretty fantastic and was my absolute fave as a teenager, if i couldnt get shelled only peeled, id fry them up in a pan with butter and chilli+garlic, as i got into more rare steak (with a nice blob of blue cheese on top and mustard) that fast became my new favorite.

Theres some exotic meats here that i must try - some excellent ideas.

The next few months will be interesting, i need a new butcher though - he definitely doesn't sell half the stuff here. Im going to make a damned good attempt at getting them all done before i expire.

edit on b2525122 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Have we had trout or breem yet?

Much more delicate light flesh and taste - very nice, just as good on its own (pretty much cooked the same as salmon) but also great in a pie or pasta bakes.

edit on b3434155 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Im a fan of beef tenderloin. Filet mignon is good. a nice eye of chuck is a good, low cost steak that is flavorful.

I love lobster, scallops, all the shell fish.

I can get down with some bacon, for sure.

But the best, favorite meat for me is sea bass.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join