It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Facts, Opinions, and Speculations.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zebra501
Any sources on this? It might explain some of its trips, I reckon. And maybe some lack of information. Officially, PhoneixAir has military contracts. They seem to have a lot of military of former military planes?

edit on 8/7/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I feel like some of these oddities with the plane, the trip, and the potential drop of in another location lend themselves to a new thread? However that may take away from the "whole-ness" of this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Possible case in Benin

A hospital in Benin is treating a Nigerian man suspected of having contracted Ebola and authorities have sent a sample of his blood to Senegal for testing, Health Minister Dorothée Gazard said on state television on Thursday.

Benin case is unconfirmed but Gazard's announcement triggered widespread fears in the capital Cotonou. Many people said they would stock up on food and stop eating at popular roadside food stalls to avoid possible infection, witnesses said.

Chicago Tribune

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sorry about the crap link on this one, will look for more sources

Mexico City : first case reported

Mexico Ministry of Health reports first confirmed case of Ebola. Location Mexico City… Patient is 1 of 22 students who traveled to Africa for vacation.

Source
edit on 7-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

That's all I can find as of now. Forgot to add first link I quoted from, was just a blog anyways

Disclaimer:
Might be false report

ETA

Mexico: Ebola report is false Well, that was a quick refutation.

Via El Sol de México: Ningún caso de ébola en México: Secretaría de Salud. [No Ebola case in Mexico: Secretariat of Health]

Excerpt, with my translation: México.- La Secretaría de Salud de Coahuila informó que en las últimas horas del miércoles 6 de agosto, a través de un sitio denominado www.novatimes.net, se difundió una noticia sobre un supuesto caso de ébola en México, específicamente de un estudiante en el Distrito Federal.

Mexico City: The Secretariat of Health in Coahuila reports that late on August 6, a site called www.novatimes.net published a notice about a supposed case of Ebola in Mexico, specifically a student in the Federal District.

Dicha nota fue retomada a través de redes sociales por el Periódico Zócalo Saltillo, en Coahuila. De manera inmediata, se indagó la noticia que resultó ser falsa.

The notice was picked up via social media by the newspaper Zócalo Saltillo, in Coahuila. It was immediately denounced as false.

El vocero para el tema del ébola en México, Dr. Cuitláhuac Ruiz Matus, Director General de Epidemiología de la Secretaría de Salud Federal, reafirmó que no existe ningún caso en México.

The spokesperson on Ebola in Mexico, Dr. Cuitláhuac Ruiz Matus, Director General of Epidemiology in the Federal Secretariat of Health, reaffirmed that there is no case in Mexico.Source

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Mexico Ministry of Health reports first confirmed case of Ebola. Location Mexico City… Patient is 1 of 22 students who traveled to Africa for vacation.

Source

That's all I can find as of now. Forgot to add first link I quoted from, was just a blog anyways

Can we keep these #ing Mexicans out!!!
Disclaimer:
Might be false report

ETA

Via El Sol de México: Ningún caso de ébola en México: Secretaría de Salud. [No Ebola case in Mexico: Secretariat of Health]

Excerpt, with my translation: México.- La Secretaría de Salud de Coahuila informó que en las últimas horas del miércoles 6 de agosto, a través de un sitio denominado www.novatimes.net, se difundió una noticia sobre un supuesto caso de ébola en México, específicamente de un estudiante en el Distrito Federal.

Mexico City: The Secretariat of Health in Coahuila reports that late on August 6, a site called www.novatimes.net published a notice about a supposed case of Ebola in Mexico, specifically a student in the Federal District.

Dicha nota fue retomada a través de redes sociales por el Periódico Zócalo Saltillo, en Coahuila. De manera inmediata, se indagó la noticia que resultó ser falsa.

The notice was picked up via social media by the newspaper Zócalo Saltillo, in Coahuila. It was immediately denounced as false.

El vocero para el tema del ébola en México, Dr. Cuitláhuac Ruiz Matus, Director General de Epidemiología de la Secretaría de Salud Federal, reafirmó que no existe ningún caso en México.

The spokesperson on Ebola in Mexico, Dr. Cuitláhuac Ruiz Matus, Director General of Epidemiology in the Federal Secretariat of Health, reaffirmed that there is no case in Mexico.Source

It was debunked and called a rumor.

edit on 55America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Thu, 07 Aug 2014 19:51:55 -0500u3107 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 09America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Thu, 07 Aug 2014 19:54:09 -05000000003107 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 42America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Thu, 07 Aug 2014 19:54:42 -05000000003107 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NEB0168

I feel like some of these oddities with the plane, the trip, and the potential drop of in another location lend themselves to a new thread? However that may take away from the "whole-ness" of this thread.

Your wish is...well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: loam

www.c-span.org.../hearing-ebola-outbreak-africa&live

Thank you for the link - listening now. I didn't realize that ebola had never been seen in West Africa until this outbreak (according to the introduction)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seek_Truth

originally posted by: violet

Source

Can we keep these #ing Mexicans out!!!
Disclaimer:
Might be false report

ETA

It was debunked and called a rumor.

Of course it was.

Do you think Mexico would want the US shoring up the border trapping all those Ebola vectors on their side? Every government in the world is panicking right now. They just don't wanna show it in public.

Have you noticed information on the subject is drying up? What the government really doesn't want everyone to find out is that an Ebola spread ... anywhere ... is something existing medical infrastructure cannot handle. Not only does your typical medical staff want nothing to do with highly contagious patients, the reality is, there simply aren't enough of them to go around. In the real world, people aren't made to work even a full shift in PPE. They don't see an increase in their base pay for handling a situation that might kill them. Human nature will prevail, no matter what management's intentions happen to be.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm gonna go ahead and agree here. Although most of my brain wants to say "oh, ok, that was confirmed to be a hoax" The remainder of my brain says "well, of COURSE no one can confirm that, half the population of Texas (great state) will be on the boarder with weapons ready to dispatch anyone who crosses over".

Its like in corporate America. When reporting on results we always look to tell the best story. Sometimes the best story is saying absolutely nothing, and sometimes it's an outright lie.

Something to think about.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Is this saying that even if they suspect someone has ebola, they need to take IMMEDIATE precaution? Thinking this would now apply worldwide? As in if someone walks into an ER or urgent care with symptoms?

Countries scale up Ebola response, watch for cases outside Africa

The quickly escalating outbreak has triggered a demand for guidance for health providers, and the CDC yesterday posted its latest guidance, which focuses on handling specimens and laboratory testing of samples. Several health professionals aired questions about those procedures during an Aug 5 CDC conference call on hospital infection control.

The CDC said established standards should be followed for specimen collection, including full-face shield or goggles, masks to cover the mouth and nose, and fluid-resistant or impermeable gowns. It said additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be needed in certain situations.

So goggles and face shields just to collect specimens, yet the driver of the ambulance in the U.S. allegedly just wore a mask?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Once I read that on another forum, I just googled the tail number, phoenix air, etc and read what came up...sorry!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The driver definitely just wore a mask. We had pics a few pages back. I would link but I'm on my phone.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

And holy mother lucid that link has some INFO. the last 2-3 paragraphs plainly discuss reccomendation for the AMERICAS.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NEB0168
Yeppers. Brand new.

Yeah I posted another snap of the driver in a mask too that I got last week. ETA: Alleged driver.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: ikonoklast

Most of the baseless speculation going on in these threads, which include graphs made with horrible mathematical assumptions, only serve the purpose to try to scare people.

I'm still reading and getting caught up, but I had to pause here, and comment. I was not scared by Ikon's graphs, I took them as a possibility of what may occur. He took valid data, and extrapolated, in a realistic conjecture. He asked how he could improve his results, and therefore, could improve his predictions with more input on how perhaps he was miscalculating. He didn't say, "We're all gonna die!", he said, I took WHO numbers and graphed them out. To me, that's realism, and if anyone else can take the WHO data and extrapolate a downward curve, and prove Ikon wrong, more power to you. Do it and post it up. I'm good with a 10% margin or error, if needed, but the trend in the graphs is an increasing infection and death rate.

Death happens. WE are all going to die. Sooner, or later.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Seek_Truth
Yes I edited my post to correct that

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NEB0168

& @snarl

Well I don't know if it was true or false. Sometimes things get pulled and refuted when in fact were true.

I posted it and tried to find more sources to add in, then found the false report, so I edited that in, left the original post in there. Since there were more sources saying it was true and only one saying it was false, at the time of my posting.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

So goggles and face shields just to collect specimens, yet the driver of the ambulance in the U.S. allegedly just wore a mask?

The drive of the ambulance is in a completely separate compartment than what the patient is in. They probably didn't even need the mask.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The drive of the ambulance is in a completely separate compartment than what the patient is in. They probably didn't even need the mask.

I would add that Grady Hospital is only one of two level-1 trauma centers in Atlanta and a very busy and very bloody one at that. Them even using a Grady ambulance is odd it itself.

Doesn't the CDC and/or BSL-4 Emory have a BLS-4 ambulance to match?

Heaven forbid they flock up the decon.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I don't get what you are trying to say with that picture.

If there was an accident, they would still be in different compartments.

If the accident was bad enough where the infected came through to the drive compartment, I don't think they will have to worry about Ebola because they would probably both already be dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join