It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Facts, Opinions, and Speculations.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
the three countries should be medical isolation. nobody leaves or enter those countries for one month.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Two new areas to look out for..

Albanian police arrested 40 illegal immigrants, five of whom are suspected of being infected with the disease. They were taken to a local hospital where they will be examined. The immigrants are from the African country of Eritrea, where there have been no confirmed cases of ebola so far. They first arrived to Greece, and then reached the territory of Albania, which is usually used as a transit to Western Europe.

RSOE

14 people in Serbia were put under surveillance because of the possibility of infection with ebola. They are persons who have returned from Africa, mainly from Nigeria, Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Upon arrival at the airport such passengers undergo health checks and within 24 hours they are advised to seek epidemiologist advice to monitor their condition for 21 days, the incubation period of the disease.

RSOE

People fleeing Africa.. doesn´t sound good for Europe. Loose border control in Africa and illegal immigrants is not nice combination.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Second Hand report from this individual about Brazil

I know some doctors over here (Brazil). Patient was diagnosed with suspected case of Ebola at Hospital Geral de Guarulhos (Guarulhos General Hospital near São Paulo's international airport) later transferred to reference hospital Emilio Ribas and died yesterday night. Nothing on msm yet.

Thread

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dadjax

a reply to: dadjax

WRONG. There is currently an outbreak of yellow fever in Brazil. No suspected Ebola at all, not even in the local news.

Source: Father in Law and his Family live in Brazil as well as the government of Brazil itself:

agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br...

Health Minister Arthur Chioro has ruled out any concerns around cases in Brazil at this time and said it is “unlikely” that an infected person will enter the country. “There are no risks of an outbreak of the disease in our country right now,” he said. Any newcomers with symptoms of the disease will be quarantined and taken to referral hospitals.

These are areas where Ebola has been confirmed:

wwwnc.cdc.gov...

The Brazil story got started on Before It's News, a well known hoax site at the beginning of the month, and people keep rehashing it.

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2014/08/ebola-spreads-to-philippines-morocco-and-brazil-3005636.html

Which was sourced from this:

luismmx.blogspot.com...

Those stories source back to another hoax site: Underground World News

As you can see, the story is identical to the one on GLP. GLP is also the site who banned me for showing that a link was a hoax so they seem to be pretty wrapped up in wanting this fear to run rampant.

So not relevant, and easily rebuffed with 5 minutes of research.

Edit: I also can't help but notice your registration date is 8/4, the day this story first popped up on the internet...and you are only posting in Ebola threads on both sites.
edit on 14-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ebola is contracted in people through immediate contact (through broken skin or mucous layers) with the blood, discharges, organs or other natural liquids of a tainted individual, and roundabout contact with situations sullied with these liquids.

What s Evola Virus?

More to indicate indirect contact is a greater risk than previously believed.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There is palpable fear in Utako Abuja as a Youngman is lying down helpless at a junction along Ekukinam Street beside Alibro Atrium, close to ABC Transport Park.

Our correspondent, who visited the scene of the incident saw some people discussing the matter in groups metres away from the scene.

Eye witnesses told our correspondent that the man was vomiting and sweating profusely

Ebola Scare In Utako, Abuja

There are similar reports out there and cropping up more often if one looks.

The articles aren't going to search themselves

More direct evidence of the dangers of indirect transmission:

Overall, Ebola virus socio-ecology systems have shown to be linked by direct and indirect transmission through contact with objects from patients. For example, the blood or secretions of an infected person or objects that have been contaminated with infected secretions can reach humans from a variety of hosts/sources

Need of surveillance response systems to combat Ebola outbreaks and other emerging infectious diseases in African countries

edit on 15-8-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: more

edit on 15-8-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tag

ABUJA — A nurse, Justina Obi Echelonu, one of the primary contacts who participated in the initial management of the index case, late American-Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, at the First Consultant Hospital, Obalende, Lagos, has died in quarantine.

She is the second nurse and fourth fatality of the Ebola Virus Disease in the country.

Ebola latest: Another nurse dies, doctor in bad state

Chukwu, who disclosed that another of the doctors who treated the late Patrick Sawyer tested positive to the deadly virus, said Nigeria has now recorded 10 confirmed cases of Ebola Virus Disease, EVD, of which four have died and six are currently under treatment

edit on 15-8-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
For those who are interested, I've updated all of the charts in the thread:

Ebola - my visual charts & projections based on WHO data

The new WHO data covers through August 13, 2014 but was published today, August 15, 2014.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Possible new case emerges in Spain.

Someone who may have contracted the Ebola virus, the first possible case in Spain after the death of the Spanish missionary repatriated in Madrid on August 7, was placed in isolation in a specialized Alicante (west) hospital, announced Saturday night health authorities.

Examinations were carried out on the patient, but "we do not have the results until next week, maybe Monday" , said a hospital source.

Other suspected cases have been detected in Spain since the beginning of the Ebola outbreak, but none have been confirmed in the country.

On Wednesday, hundreds of people paid homage to the victims of the virus, at the funeral in Madrid of the Spanish priest Miguel Pajares, European first death of this epidemic. The missionary of 75 years had been repatriated from Liberia to Madrid a few days earlier and treated unsuccessfully with an experimental serum that American seems to have had positive results on two Americans. The body of the priest, who had contracted the virus in Liberia where he worked in a religious hospital, was cremated without an autopsy and disinfected room to avoid spreading the virus to high mortality rates and for which there is no vaccine.

Google translation from article
LINK

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thank you for sharing dollukka. Another news article in Spanish here.

It says that it's a Nigerian man who was recently in Nigeria.

What worries me, is that in the bottom of the article they say with bold letters "it is very difficult or almost impossible to catch the virus because it would require physical contact." I hope they are taking more precautions than that in the hospital

edit on 17-8-2014 by chiappa because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Regarding the potential Spanish case:

The Nigerian is said to be in isolation but in a "clinically stable" condition in Alicante's St John's Hospital, according to regional health authority sources quoted in Spanish online news websites today.

However, the patient is showing several signs of the virus including "high fever, physical discomfort, vomiting and bleeding", according to the authority.

The Nigerian patient's partner was with him, but she displayed no visible symptoms of Ebola and was not admitted to hospital.

source

From reading the article I am left wondering how many people he came into contact with prior to isolation procedures being implemented.

I also wonder if the following procedures were followed:

If the patient with illness compatible to EVD develops symptoms while on an aircraft, contact tracing must be made according to the Risk assessment guidelines for diseases transmitted on aircraft (RAGIDA) protocol1, which indicates contact tracing of all those passengers seated within 4 rows ahead and 4 rows behind, as well as the crew on board. If the cleaning of the aircraft is performed by unprotected personnel, they should be considered as contacts. Contacts should be assessed in a designated area within the airport according to the airport contingency plan.

Ebola virus disease (EVD), implications of introduction in the Americas

I know the plane in Turkey was taken out of service, brought to a hamger, tented and fumigated by people in space suit lookbg equipment from an exchange student I have working for mewhos from there and who's roommate works at that airport.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

A 48-year-old British Nigerian woman is feared to have died of the deadly ebola virus in Austria.

The woman’s body was found at her apartment in Vomp, in the Tyrol, at the weekend after she returned from a trip to Nigeria.

Ebola tests on British-Nigerian woman found dead in her apartment

Keeping the thread updated with the most recent potential case.

There are also suspected cases in the UAE and New Mexico.

With all eyes on Ferguson, this monster is seeng very little attention.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Take a look at one of the decontamination stations:

MONROVIA, August 22, 2014 (AFP) – Every region of Liberia has now been hit by Ebola, officials said Friday, as the World Health Organization warned the fight against the worst-ever outbreak of the killer disease would take months.

Last Ebola-Free Region of Liberia Falls to Virus

A Round-Up sprayer!?

Really?

Does that bother anyone else?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Anyone notice that in the picture above the container the man is carrying on his back says "Roundup"? Maybe they are just reusing the container....

MY opinion......this is way way worse than is being reported in MSM. It was around June 20 when MSF made the announcement that the outbreak was out of control. That was two months ago. It was only in the last week did the WHO state that the numbers being reported were "vastly" under reported, yet they only raised the death count by about two hundred people. That doesn't seem vast to me. To me vast would mean increasing the numbers by thousands. But I don't think they want to announce a statement like that because it would 1) hurt their credibility, and 2) incite panic.

In the last week the WHO started talking about "shadow cases".....this is to be okay with trumping up them numbers because "they didn't kow" about those cases. Liberia has boxed in two of it's slums....those people are doomed.

Everyday I feel like I'm reading something out of a zombie apocolypse story.....unreal...
edit on 23-8-2014 by CatLady3912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

MOSCOW, August 24 (RIA Novosti) - Bolivian authorities said they were investigating what could become the country's first case of the deadly Ebola virus, Agence France-Presse reported Sunday.

A patient, who traveled with stopovers in Africa, which is experiencing the work Ebola virus outbreak in history, has been isolated at Santa Cruz health service with Ebola-like symptoms, AFP said.

Patient with Ebola Symptoms Hospitalized in Bolivia

I keep hoping these reports will stop, but am glad that, so far,they have all come back negative.

On a positive note:

Obi Justina Ejelonu fiancé, identified simply as Dennis was admitted at the isolation center in Yaba Lagos for possibly contracting the Ebola Virus disease but has been discharged.Dennis was cleared on Saturday evening at the isolation center in Yaba Lagos after his test result showed he was Ebola negative. He was given a clearance certificate as proof on his discharge

Ebola Survivor In Nigeria: Obi Justina Ejelonu’s Fiancé Tests Ebola Negative

Luckily this gentleman survived, but it breaks my heart to learn he lost his fiancé and unborn child.

These stories give face to the (often, but unintended) impersonal numbers that give us the charts that tell how big the outbreak has become and howuch more potentially bigger it could become.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
UPDATE:

EBOLA spreads to Democratic Republic of Congo
edit on 24-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Another possible secondary case:

If words of insiders at the Ministry of health are anything to go by, its been reported that Dr Stella Ameyo’s sister whose tests was conducted last week has tested positive to the Ebola virus.

Late Dr Stella Adadevoh’s Sister Allegedly Tests Positive To Ebola – Reports

I do believe this is the doctor who was considered cured, released and then died.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
An African doctor who received the experimental anti-Ebola drug ZMapp has died.
LINK

How many have received ZMapp by now ? Two patients Liberian Doctor and Spanish priest both have died.. Does it help at all or were cured Americans in better health and healthcare... Maybe they got something else too during the treatment.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Remember that Brantley also received a blood transfusion and they don't know which helped, the transfusion with ebola antibodies or Zmapp. I'm not sure about Writebol, I don't recall that she had the experimental transfusion.

Interesting article and information. Thanks for the link.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The people in Africa and some other areas there have a problem with Aspergillus flavus being in their foods. It is in a lot of the soils and the aflotoxin gets into the produce. This fungus keeps them a little weaker as their body is always fighting it. The weakness makes them more susceptible to dying from the Ebola.

Now a way of neutralizing this is to consume certain spices, rosemary being one of them. It is about the same as caffeic acid in it's ability to neutralize the toxin. Since they can't afford coffee, they could use spices to help keep them stronger. Here is a link. I am going to research the site itself to see what it has to say, I just came upon this site today. www.bioline.org.br...

Now, if the people there can learn to use a little more spices in their food that are matched to their needs, they might benefit from learning this. We can live with some of these microbes if we eat companion food chemistry to help us detox the chemicals they produce. Now giving them some seeds would be more beneficial than selling them spices.

We cannot let them become dependent on us for all their aspects of survival
Oh, I forgot, that is what the US is trying to do...scratch this thought.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
First WHO-affiliated worker stricken with Ebola

(CNN) -- For the first time, a health care worker for a World Health Organization partner organization has fallen ill from Ebola, WHO told CNN on Sunday.

The health worker, a man from Senegal, is in Sierra Leone and receiving care, the WHO said. He's an epidemiologist working for the Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network, which was established by WHO and other partners to respond to international public health emergencies. No further details were given immediately.

"This is the first time someone working under the aegis of WHO has fallen ill with #Ebola," reported WHO via its verified Twitter account. Added WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl via Twitter: "No @WHO worker has been infected with #Ebola. The epidemiologist is from a #GOARN partner."

When asked how the worker contracted the virus, a WHO spokesperson said officials don't yet know all the details.

Strange they don't know the details. Sounds like something confuses them about this case.

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join