It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Police Officer: "If Obama Doesn’t Follow the Constitution, We Don’t Have To."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In the video below, a New Jersey police officer is on record as saying:

“Obama just decimated the freakin’ Constitution, so I don’t give a damn. If he doesn’t follow the Constitution, we don’t have to.”
Source

I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. However, this officer needs some retraining. Law enforcement officers swear under oath to uphold the Constitution.

Just because a president may be going around or over the Constitution, doesn't mean the Constitution is automatically null and void. This is very poor, unprofessional behavior from an LEO. What's worse is that he made sure he said it on camera.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Yea, pretty unprofessional.

But what is the background to this story? What led up to it?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Biggest Gang in America

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

No background needed, he said what he said.

He is admitting to violating his oath.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Did you check out the link I posted in the OP?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

This may be news to police officers, but they haven't been following the constitution for a LONG time.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sorry, missed it. Just watched the video.

ETA: Just read the article...oh, yea, now I'm pissed off.
edit on 6-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Nm poster took back what was said
edit on thWed, 06 Aug 2014 17:22:50 -0500America/Chicago820145080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   
This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. I've said it for a while. If the person at the top isn't going to follow the law, then no one else will either. And I know you can argue that the COTUS hasn't been followed for a while, but at least everyone made a show of respect for the concept of the law, but this is an administration where you have the Attorney General openly telling state attorneys general that they don't have to enforce/defend in court laws they don't like.

link   
Free for all!!!
What a mongrel. Obama kills people so i can too .......

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The officer has a point though, unfortunately..The president of the U.S. is the highest representative of the U.S., if he doesn't follow the constitution, it gives others an excuse to not follow it as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we see this kind of thing more often. Crappy times.

EDIT- Looks like ketsuko beat me to it.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
One thing is for sure.... There's a storm a brewing!

This officers mentality mirrors that of the majority of our population, "if you don't follow the law, why should I"???

Scary times!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It should be very surprising and you should be mad about it just like you get mad when you think barry is not following the constitution.
This guy took an oath, there is no clause that if he thinks the prez isn't following it then he doesn't have to. He is supposed to protect against those that don't follow it, not join in with them
edit on thWed, 06 Aug 2014 17:25:54 -0500America/Chicago820145480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Nm poster took back what was said

I didn't take back anything. I was asking a honest question. I missed the link.

Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This just sounds like a case of ego driving anger being played off politics. The headline on the link got it rigt in the first 2 words: shock video.

I would suppose that, given what the discussion was about, he would also say, "Mitt Romney drove 500 miles with a dog strapped to his roof, so I can too".

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ok then I will ask you what background could possibly make what he said ok?
The reason I did that edit is cause of this

Just read the article...oh, yea, now I'm pissed off.

I guess I should not have said that you took it back, maybe that you just changed your mind?
Cause it didn't seem like you were pissed off in your first post, just saying that it was unprofessional

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It should be very surprising and you should be mad about it just like you get mad when you think barry is not following the constitution.
This guy took an oath, there is no clause that if he thinks the prez isn't following it then he doesn't have to. He is supposed to protect against those that don't follow it, not join in with them

I didn't say it made me happy. It's appalling, but it's a further sign of our descent from a nation that follows the rule of law into a dictatorial tyranny. I've been expecting this, but not looking forward to it or relishing it by any means. If you haven't seen this as inevitable ever since we started allowing our highest officials to get away with crimes with little to no real repercussions ... then, I'm not sure where you've been.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What an idiot....and you know there's many out there that think like this guy, these cops today man

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Because I didn't see the link the first time around. It happens to the best of us. People make mistakes. I just wanted to know the story behind the video and when it was pointed out that I had missed it, my questions were answered.

BTW, Nepotism in any form pisses me off. It never turns out well. That Mayor should be jailed for abuse of power and the cop fired. Screw retraining. That rarely works.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I didn't say it made me happy. It's appalling, but it's a further sign of our descent from a nation that follows the rule of law into a dictatorial tyranny. I've been expecting this, but not looking forward to it or relishing it by any means. If you haven't seen this as inevitable ever since we started allowing our highest officials to get away with crimes with little to no real repercussions ... then, I'm not sure where you've been.

Or it's a sign of right-wing nutjob theatrics taking over the mainstream of conservatism?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join