It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola & DARPA and Critical Questions About the Pandemic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Jesus H. Christ. Gardisil? Really.?I reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Don't worry Alice, no one is going to be dropping off a bottle that says "Drink Me" on your doorstep. a reply to: dollukka

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What pandemic? There is no pandemic. Pandemic is world wide large populations like the Spanish flu in 1918 or the black plague of the 1300s this is a few third world countries and a small percentage of the population in those third world countries. So far no cases that were suspected to be Ebola outside of Africa have turned out to actually be Ebola.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

reply to: Rosinitiate

Excuse me, epidemic. Better?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yes. Accurate anyway. No need to make the situation any worse than it already is. It seems to me that my opinion on this subject is an unpopular one. Everyone else wants this to be a world wide health issue that's along the lines of a Stephen king novel. . I love those end of the world stories as much as the next person. I even like the health crisis movies like outbreak. I just don't seem to be as willing to bring those elements into my own life. They're better on the screen or between the pages of a book.. on serious issues like this I like to keep an even keel and see things as they really are.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
"many companies are working on a vaccine for ebola"

No they are not. Why would they? Up until last week there was zero need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars for a vaccine that relates to a disease that has killed about 1000 people so far. This would be financial suicide.

I suspect that if you carefully track back you will find that vaccinations are the mitigating factor for this issue. Those who get a jab, have a chance of developing a lab created disease.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I almost didn't type this. However, if you read about immunization and autism. The first thing the experts explain about heard immunity is if you don't agree keep your mouth shut. Because you want everyone else immunized. So SHHHHHHHHH!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well, perhaps the price of tobacco will rise if this potion they've concocted is proven effective. A boost for the economy of our state.
While I'm sure a vaccine is a real cash cow, I firmly believe it will be the companies who develop the tests that will make the big bucks. Think about it, you will only need one vaccination but you can be tested on a regular basis.
I'm not inclined to take any sort of vaccine.
It has been reported that this strain is a slightly different strain than the one used to test the elixir. Nobody in authority has suggested that it may be mutating but anyone who's not been living in a cave for the past umpteen years knows that viruses do that.
I can't help be reminded of the simulation run by various agencies several years ago. It was called "Dark Winter" and was a chilling assessment of the ability of the US public health system to contain a bio-hazard. An acquaintance of mine was a part of that simulation and lost all confidence in the system as a result. He left his job, moved to the country and became a prepper.
That scenario used weaponized small pox as the bio-hazard and despite the existence of a vaccine, the entire country was in chaos in a very short time. If you've not heard of it, give it a Google.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

At it's current rate of infection and high fatality percentage, by 2015 most of Africa should be gone.
Bit late for a vaccine non?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The country was in chaos in a short time? Over a,drill?' What country was this? a reply to: diggindirt

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
No it won't. They are tightening up quarantine measures as we speak. They have been lax in their quarantine efforts and now they are paying the price but now the rest of the planet is going to ride them hard to get this under control along with severely limiting travel to and from the area. I believe they will get this back in hand within a month. Hope I'm right.

ns reply to: EA006

edit on AM000000310000000883246312014-08-07T07:46:54-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Autumnwitch,
You are absolutely right about the bush meat link to the spread of Ebola. This association has been well documented for decades, people from rural areas bring infected "bush meat", for those who don't know, in Africa bush meat means monkey, chimpanzee, gorilla and in some remote areas bush meat could very well be human pygmy.
Ebola will never be a pandemic disease as it requires an natural resevoir, because it is so virulent, it will never form a stable resevoir in humans.
It is thought that Ebola reservoirs in a species of tropical bat, but which one I don't think has been fully identified.
There is an extremely good book about the Ebola outbreak in Virginia or Maryland in the mid eighties.
The book was published in mid nineties.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The book you mention is called the hot zone.

a reply to: punkinworks10

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-8-2014 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: selfharmonise

Nice,
Thanks, it's a very good book, I highly recommend it fir anyone who wants actual info on the disease.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think that the vaccine conspiracy theory has legs. Big pharma is sitting there with the vaccine almost ready to go and suddenly the entire planet is worried about an outbreak. A connection wouldn't surprise me at all.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

but getting the hype and fear up to get people to go along with the vaccine looks to be the goal.

I am becoming convinced this is a psyop. We are to be scaredinto the mandatory vaccine. The more people vaccinated, the more that will get sick. That will prove the vaccine was needed. So it becomes validated and mandated for all. And since everyone is getting sick, itwill be proof they got there in time and it was a good thing they vaccinated everyone or we'ld all be dead.

This outbreak will follow the vaccines

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: crankyoldman
"many companies are working on a vaccine for ebola"

No they are not. Why would they? Up until last week there was zero need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars for a vaccine that relates to a disease that has killed about 1000 people so far. This would be financial suicide.

I suspect that if you carefully track back you will find that vaccinations are the mitigating factor for this issue. Those who get a jab, have a chance of developing a lab created disease.
the locals claimed it was the drs that brought it to their communities. Ask yourself what they were claiming?

it is obvious the people were getting vaccinated before the outbreak. Butyou will not here that from the fear monguering msm. The outbreak will follow the vaccines.

Recognize this. It is an epidemic until you can scare the hell out of people. Then you have a pandemic. They have to sell fear and they need our help to do it.
Fear is what is being sold here.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Ok, a small point but an important one. The 'experimental serum' (ZMAPP) that has been used to treat the two American cases, is not in fact a vaccine. It works by seeking out Ebola virus cells and inhibits the receptors within the patient's system that allow it to take hold. As such, it's more of an anti-viral treatment than a vaccine.

Treating a non-infected patient with this serum would have zero effect, since there is no Ebola in their system in the first place.

However its possible that if this serum is proven to be effective, it may provide insight for those who will go on to develop a vaccine, which can be administered pre-exposure to the virus and prevent infection.

This isn't a thread about UFO's, this is real, cutting edge science we are discussing here, and getting the terminology correct is important if you want to have an informed discussion.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
The country was in chaos in a short time? Over a,drill?' What country was this? a reply to: diggindirt

It was a simulation of an outbreak of weaponized smallpox. A "disaster drill" if you will, testing the ability of medical facilities to meet the demand should an outbreak occur. When it was in the planning stage the members of the planning team were hoping to use it as a public relations vehicle to reassure the US that the public health system could handle whatever came their way. By the second day of the drill they realized what a disaster it would be should it happen so it was not widely publicized. I looked at the wiki entry on Operation Dark Winter to refresh my memory and was surprised to see that it says that is was designed to "spiral out of control" but since I had a couple of friends who worked on this project I happen to know that it wasn't "designed" that way at all, it was designed to reassure people, not to scare the bejesus out of them but when the computer models began to show that it would spiral out of control the decision was made to keep it as quiet as possible and work on the weaknesses pointed up by the drill. Trouble is, the biggest weakness was that hospital/medical personnel would simply quit coming to work when the fear of infection became great and vaccines weren't readily available.
If you have further question just google Operation Dark Winter.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join