It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola & DARPA and Critical Questions About the Pandemic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Stumbled upon this video in youtube, it has valid questions and good summary about what has been going on with ebola outbreaks recently.

There were a rumors that there allready is a vaccine to ebola, and many medical companies have been working on finding cure for ebola. NIH ( national institute of Health ) is going to launch testing in September.

Link

Results from the study should be available by January, Fauci said. If the vaccine proves safe and effective, Fauci said he expects that it could be given to health workers in affected African countries sometime in 2015. "We are starting to discuss some deals with pharmaceutical companies to help scale it up, so on an emergency basis, it might be available in 2015 for health workers who are putting themselves at extreme risk," Fauci said.

There are currently no effective treatments or vaccines for Ebola, which causes fever and headache in early stages but can lead to hemorrhaging, liver failure and kidney failure in later stages. But scientists have been working on four or five preventive vaccines that appear effective

There is a small pharma which has been working on experimental seerum, infected Dr. Brantly has been vaccinated with this.. more about this seerum
Ebola Virus vaccine

This small biopharma company in Owensboro, KY, has been contracted to grow the drug. Now what gets intresting is that this small company which is focused on developing this vaccine is linked to DARPA
Ebola vaccine

Owensboro, KY - The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has announced that Kentucky Bioprocessing (KBP), LLC, is being awarded an agreement for developing a proof-of-concept platform capable of delivering vaccine grade recombinant protein, an essential component of future vaccines.

The platform is a plant based system that uses non-genetically modified tobacco plants as a host for the expression of vaccine grade recombinant protein. The goal of the project is to demonstrate that plant based systems are scalable for rapid delivery of purified recombinant protein that meet all FDA requirements for human use.

Any thoughts ?

edit on 5-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ye population controll there definitely is a vaccine and a cure and all them there people at the top have it thats why there not worried about spreading this mess around...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think that the vaccine conspiracy theory has legs. Big pharma is sitting there with the vaccine almost ready to go and suddenly the entire planet is worried about an outbreak. A connection wouldn't surprise me at all.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Hi ff plus if/when the vaccine does become available to us would you take it?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Any thoughts ?

I have lots of thoughts and countless questions.

When I was researching (trying) more about the Ebola research in Sierra Leone back in 2006. This document was released in July:

www.usamriid.army.mil...

I just find it odd that try as I might, I can't seem to find anything, news or otherwise about this research until the report was released. All articles about this research start mid July this year and the only thing I found on the outbreak origin was February this year.

Curious though, we have a vaccine just as a "real" pandemic breaks out. What....are....the...odds? God must really like us, I mean doesn't it just validate the western worlds legitimacy? I'm even more curious at how much one of those little vaccines will go for? $150? $200? $250!!??

I'd imagine there is well over 300 billion in potential profits here.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Media and WHO will whip the public up into a frenzy, frighten the Bejesus out of everyone, and then announce a miracle cure.
DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What i am concerned about is this bio engineering that DARPA is working with, Forbes article of Darpa building its first bio-engineering factory back in 2011
Forbes

So question is , which do you trust more, big pharmas and their possibly coming vaccine or small company who works hand in hand with DARPA, using non modified tobacco leaves and turning them into GMO vaccines. Darpa has the way to spread this vaccine without your consent...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
What i am concerned about is this bio engineering that DARPA is working with, Forbes article of Darpa building its first bio-engineering factory back in 2011
Forbes

So question is , which do you trust more, big pharmas and their possibly coming vaccine or small company who works hand in hand with DARPA, using non modified tobacco leaves and turning them into GMO vaccines. Darpa has the way to spread this vaccine without your consent...

I was going to bring that up also. If that doesn't just give you the serious case of the willies. If true most would still not believe it or think it won't effect them.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman
when the vaccine does become available to us would you take it?

NO. I have autoimmune with neuropathies and can't really take vaccines anyways. But even if I were healthy and could take vaccinations, the answer would be 'NO'. I'd take the tetanus and shots like that. But not a new Ebola vaccination that would obviously be part of a mass testing program on the general population. (like they are doing with Gardasil - IMHO )

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Im with you on that one any autoimmune disease sufferer is at hightend risk as it is i would know no thanks id rather wait it out till they get solid proof that vaccine prevents it..a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I'd be wary of some of the connections he's making. Not to mention the fact that they ran a prepper ad for emergency food supplies. Though I will say that my opinion is that this is a bio-weapon. From what I've heard the incubation period is pretty long compared to other ebola cases. Annnd not to mention some miraculous ebola cure just so happens to exist? Meh, the odds are thinning.
edit on 5-8-2014 by mnemonicmania because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Have to say ... he covered all of the high points in that video. A guy with that much common sense should be 'the' decision maker at the CDC.

Utterly stupid bringing those volunteers back for treatment. They knew the risks before they left the safety of their homes. I wonder if Vegas has changed their policy on keeping a loser's losses.

S&F

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The vaccine is worthless if Ebola only exists in a few poor African countries. If Ebola spreads to first world countries then the vaccine is worth more than gold.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Mice are been exposed to small dose of ebola´s glucoprotein, after exposure antibody cells are collected from the mice and those cells are merged with cancer cells. Then they remove the mice genes and replace them with human genes. Then all this is hosted in tobacco plant.... synopsis how this serum is done...

So basicly tobacco plant is just for hosting, the miracle is not in the tobacco plant its just a breeding ground like chicken eggs for vaccines.
This is GMO with ebola protein, mice genes ( removed ), cancer cells and human genes. Nice mixture isn´t it.
edit on 5-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: Snarl

The vaccine is worthless if Ebola only exists in a few poor African countries. If Ebola spreads to first world countries then the vaccine is worth more than gold.

From the OP's source article:

There are currently no effective treatments or vaccines for Ebola, which causes fever and headache in early stages but can lead to hemorrhaging, liver failure and kidney failure in later stages. But scientists have been working on four or five preventive vaccines that appear effective, said Thomas Geisbert, a professor at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.

I'd say any vaccine they're introducing at this point is a crap shoot ... or something to develop false confidence.

Also, we're you to check my posting history, you'd find me to be an advocate for vaccination. This one ... not yet ... uh uh.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ebola virus has been circulating in the region since at least 2006.

USAMRIID (U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases) has been working in the region since 2006, when it began a collaborative project to develop and refine diagnostic tests for the Lassa fever virus endemic to Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea. As those assays have matured, the scientists have begun to optimize additional tests for a number of emerging diseases.

Because the team was working on disease identification and diagnostics, and had pre-positioned assays in the region, said Schoepp, “We had people on hand who were already evaluating samples and volunteered to start testing right away when the current Ebola outbreak started.”

The laboratory testing site in Kenema is supported by the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center-Global Emerging Infections Surveillance and Response System. Other contributors to the work include the Department of Defense Joint Program Executive Office-Critical Reagents Program, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Cooperative Biological Engagement Program, and the DTRA Joint Science and Technology Office.

USAMRIID’s mission is to protect the warfighter from biological threats.

COL Erin P. Edgar, commander of USAMRIID, called the project “a great example of medical diplomacy at work.”

www.usamriid.army.mil...
edit on 8/5/2014 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What pandemic? There is no pandemic. Pandemic is world wide large populations like the Spanish flu in 1918 or the black plague of the 1300s this is a few third world countries and a small percentage of the population in those third world countries. So far no cases that were suspected to be Ebola outside of Africa have turned out to actually be Ebola.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

reply to: Rosinitiate

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Why would a vaccine be offered outside the region where this disease is known to originate.?A vaccine offered in west Africa if they would take it could save lives there.

ter reply to: NeverMind2013

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There is no vaccine and when there is it won't be given to people in the developed countries like the USA. Ebola is not a problem here. It's a problem in Africa where they eat bush meat. a reply to: dollukka

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nope, no willies here. ith reply to: Rosinitiate

edit on PMu31u0883255312014-08-05T13:55:53-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join