It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No GOD? No Afterlife? No Point to Life.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Meh I dont think there is a point to life. Its all about survival.
This is why we strive for companionship, so we can survive.
No one else is going to pay our bills, put food on the table.

You could probably debunk most religions just with medical science alone.

No one ever wonders, how did people 2000 years ago view/or question odd events?
-How did people respond to shizos/mentally ill who can talk to god?
-How did people respond to Drugs "Plant based"? what vision their imagination would summon?
YOU realize there are tons of psychoactive plants out there! I'd be tripping my balls off.
-How did people interpret LUCID dreams?(you can be god/or summon one with imagination anything goes)
Its a natural event that everyone encounters in their lifetime without them realizing it.
-How did people question natural disasters? Like a volcano : did they see it as hellfire??
Meteor impacts...
-What about meditation? Mentions of scripture where a man was mediating, saw the face of god?
People dont understand meditation from a "visual pers" / deprivation style. I've had my visions as well.
-How did they even interpret the sun when it sets, gives off a fiery glow?? Or thunderstorms for that matter.....
- They cant rationalize hallucinations from sleep/HUNGER/THIRST/HEAT(considering middle east)
do they see this is GODLIKE?

I can go on and on.

-What would be sad if this is all a dream, we wake up into another....
Maybe we're part of a dream, while main dude is controlling us as NPCs;
Like I do in my lucid dreams, I would conjure up fellow human beings and
control them, and have them act accordingly.
-Or we're just 1 conscious being with multiple personality disorder(billions....)
We just dont know wtf we want ourselves, hence multiple disorder.
-Maybe a advance computer simulation being played out by a 13 year old, game" Sims : earth.-
-Maybe a we're just a advance form of a tiny germ on a giant alien ass.

Ah who knows, the brain is somewhat of a mystery still.
The end result will be forgotten and scary.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: Prezbo369
You used to work on the wireless or morse code ticky tack; what does that mean? You are nearing 90 years of age.

That's none of your bee's wax.

A "space Ghost God" would be a good approximation of "non body Zombie God" (sort of correct) minus the intelligent binary code factor.

.....yes that old 'the intelligent binary code factor'........???

A known truth (as one observes it) is NOT A DELUSION.

How would you know? how could you tell whatever you claim to have witnessed wasn't a hallucination?

Devil characters throughout history are not FICTIONAL writings; they exist for a reason and my relationship to them is none of your business.

You have a relationship with all of the devils from throughout history?

I am not a 'supernatural belief system' person; I hold no beliefs, I am a more of the metaphysical (clay=energy=life force/radiation AS THE ANIMATER OF ALL LIFE FORM) type character.

.......you just said you have a relationship with devils.....

Whomever warped the idea of "Space God" into a manifested creature, Allah, Yahweh, Moses etc. is decidedly evil or very cagey/smart

People put human qualities on everything from their cars to pets, so why would you think fictional sky fairies would be any different?

in the sense that chaos/yin/yang must prevail to create TENSION to cause CHANGE in the overrated blow hardy booring dullards existing at times past in history; noted as example: (THOSE ROMANS HAVE GOT TO GO).

....was there a phone-line you could call to remove the romans from the house when they got too 'boring'?

You really cant think others feel or think the same as I? That is not possible EVER; so no validation there.

No im sure your imagination is your own....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
As someone once said, Atheists have nothing to die for and everything to live for. The religious are not so lucky.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I hope you do not think 'imagination' is fakery or delusional because without imagination you will never navigate this game/mirror you exist within, called human incarnation on earth; with the added entertainment "FREEWILL". The Romans (it was planned they overreached themselves) GREED factor came into play as usual. Hitler overreached as well; egocentric madness, a divided wrong front and bad planning as to time of the year (troops froze to death outside of Stalingrad). I don't have a problem with sky fairies at all; to each its own, animate your toaster if needed and love it for what it is (A TOASTER of bread stuffs). How would I know 'as a witness' I was not experiencing a delusion and not a hallucination? I WOULDNT. Is there a problem if one has occasional diologe with what you call innocently the 'Devil" (many names persanages actually throughout history). This particular entity has a voice (not a human one) but has an opinion regarding humans, its own relationship to 'god' REMEMBER; it was itself created just as you were/are by the same God BEING. If you do not understand the concept of God being as an INFORMATION binary 1s and 0s only field (NOT A PHYSICAL BEING) gathering system you might read Thomas Campbell's "My Big Toe, or the Theory of Everything".
edit on 9-8-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I hope you do not think 'imagination' is fakery or delusional because without imagination you will never navigate this game/mirror you exist within, called human incarnation on earth; with the added entertainment "FREEWILL".

Imagination is utter fakery.....even when using it to make predictions......your imagination is not reality...anyone that thinks their imagination is reality is deluded by definition.

The Romans (it was planned they overreached themselves) GREED factor came into play as usual. Hitler overreached as well; egocentric madness, a divided wrong front and bad planning as to time of the year (troops froze to death outside of Stalingrad).

Yes.....that's where Hitler went wrong.....

How would I know 'as a witness' I was not experiencing a delusion and not a hallucination? I WOULDNT.

Then why do you believe the things you've witnessed (gods and ghouls etc) aren't hallucinations?

Is there a problem if one has occasional diologe with what you call innocently the 'Devil" (many names persanages actually throughout history). This particular entity has a voice (not a human one) but has an opinion regarding humans, its own relationship to 'god' REMEMBER; it was itself created just as you were/are by the same God BEING.

.....so your beliefs are utterly entrenched within the spooky supernatural no?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
originally posted by: Prezbo369
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

VHB: I hope you do not think 'imagination' is fakery or delusional because without imagination you will never navigate this game/mirror you exist within, called human incarnation on earth; with the added entertainment "FREEWILL".

Prezbo369: Imagination is utter fakery.....even when using it to make predictions......your imagination is not reality...anyone that thinks their imagination is reality is deluded by definition.

Imagination is the act or thought form that creates something out of absolute nothingness. Its an idea form never expressed before (such as gravity, or strong/weak force). Imagination is a uniquely human attribute (why they are so special, lauded throughout the universe as special). Fakery is a sort of slight of hand, maybe why you despise your creator; you lump it with the material magicians of this world (Las Vegas style). What is your definition of 'reality' ( as it/yours obviously differs from others).

VHB: The Romans (it was planned they overreached themselves) GREED factor came into play as usual. Hitler overreached as well; egocentric madness, a divided wrong front and bad planning as to time of the year (troops froze to death outside of Stalingrad).

Prezbo369: Yes.....that's where Hitler went wrong.....

So you are in complete agreement.

VHB: How would I know 'as a witness' I was not experiencing a delusion and not a hallucination? I WOULDNT.

Prezbo369: Then why do you believe the things you've witnessed (gods and ghouls etc) aren't hallucinations?

What? I don't understand your line drawings in the sand, delineations (Gods/ ghouls as hallucinations). Would I call my Father or Mother a aberrant being as my physical creators; no, whether you like it or not these negatives exist as the Absolute Unbounded Oneness created the negative as well as the positive to balance or force change.

VHB: Is there a problem if one has occasional diologe with what you call innocently the 'Devil" (many names persanages actually throughout history). This particular entity has a voice (not a human one) but has an opinion regarding humans, its own relationship to 'god' REMEMBER; it was itself created just as you were/are by the same God BEING.

Prezbo369: .....so your beliefs are utterly entrenched within the spooky supernatural no?

More a 'Woo Woo' "that's just Crazy Talk" factoring for your understanding. I don't entertain belief systems or take any sort of religious dogmatic stances. You either know your personal truth as to your relationship to a creator or you are in process (searching for it).
edit on 10-8-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Imagination is the act or thought form that creates something out of absolute nothingness.

Nope that's your 'creator'...

Its an idea form never expressed before (such as gravity, or strong/weak force).

Again, nope, those are verifiable and measurable forces, neither are 'an idea form never expressed before'.....are you aware of science?

Imagination is a uniquely human attribute (why they are so special, lauded throughout the universe as special).

Wrong again.....animals such as the octopus and the raven has been shown to use their imagination in order to solve a series of puzzles in order to receive food.

See here...

Fakery is a sort of slight of hand, maybe why you despise your creator; you lump it with the material magicians of this world (Las Vegas style).

No Las Vegas style magicians actually exist.

What is your definition of 'reality' ( as it/yours obviously differs from others).

By 'others' you mean 'me'.....

Reality: The totality of all things

So you are in complete agreement.

Hmmmm not really.....?

What? I don't understand your line drawings in the sand, delineations (Gods/ ghouls as hallucinations).

Well seeing as no such creatures/entities/monsters have been shown to exist....ever.....why would you be confused?

Wait I'm sorry, I confused you with someone that had learnt critical thinking skills.

Would I call my Father or Mother a aberrant being as my physical creators; no, whether you like it or not these negatives exist as the Absolute Unbounded Oneness created the negative as well as the positive to balance or force change.

Oh no that definitely doesn't read like some form of woo woo magic.

More a 'Woo Woo' "that's just Crazy Talk" factoring for your understanding.

Lol I don't really need to, you said you had a relationship with the devil lol...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Imagination as a creative aspect is an expression of 'God'. You are its mouthpiece or its (so far best expression of itself as a thinking being; (forgetting the dolphin, African gray parrot, the common Jaybird and orangutan). I take it you have never had an original thought. I am very well aware of science (the practical side of it explaining the physical) it has yet to explain 'magick'. Crows like shiny things is all; you are confusing them with the brilliant Jays. Regarding 'monsters' there is a reason for the sightings of a 'bigfoot' or a 'Nessy'. These creatures exist on the borderlines of the 3rd and 4th dimensions and occasionally wade into or over the boundary lines and unfortunately are spotted (for an instant). They were never there bodily, just a hologram. The entirety of the human race throughout 7000 recorded years of history has believed in a higher being. I suppose they were all WRONG as well; 'God' created the 'devil' (not the other way around)(Mark Twain might disagree here) as you perceive it as a relationship with both I suppose; I CAN have a dialog with both (fair and square right?). You aught to have a conversation with Jesus; what tales he tells.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

The entirety of the human race throughout 7000 recorded years of history has believed in a higher being. I suppose they were all WRONG as well

You mean like how they also thought the earth was the center of the universe?

Such reasoning is a Fallacy called: Appeal to Popularity

Also Known as: Ad Populum

Description of Appeal to Popularity

The Appeal to Popularity has the following form:

Most people approve of X (have favorable emotions towards X).
Therefore X is true.
The basic idea is that a claim is accepted as being true simply because most people are favorably inclined towards the claim. More formally, the fact that most people have favorable emotions associated with the claim is substituted in place of actual evidence for the claim. A person falls prey to this fallacy if he accepts a claim as being true simply because most other people approve of the claim.

It is clearly fallacious to accept the approval of the majority as evidence for a claim. For example, suppose that a skilled speaker managed to get most people to absolutely love the claim that 1+1=3. It would still not be rational to accept this claim simply because most people approved of it. After all, mere approval is no substitute for a mathematical proof. At one time people approved of claims such as "the world is flat", "humans cannot survive at speeds greater than 25 miles per hour", "the sun revolves around the earth" but all these claims turned out to be false.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

The entirety of the human race throughout 7000 recorded years of history has believed in a higher being. I suppose they were all WRONG as well

You mean like how they also thought the earth was the center of the universe?Such reasoning is a Fallacy called: Appeal to Popularity.

I did not mean that at all. This travesty of misinformation is the fault of our/their teachers also known as the Watchers; the Elohim, Nephilm; they (or God proper) neglected to inform them of the truth of things regarding the circumstances of their creation. It had nothing to do with a popularity contest; more a keeping the human unawares of its true reality/identity (depth of meaning of what life or incarnation is actually about/regards). It was known that humans could not even fathom a moon or sun during certain time periods; but during others, say 7000 years ago had great knowledge of whom and what created us/them. This modern day; we are dumbed down into false ignorance; disclosure that was fated to future incarnations/minds to figure out when the information was to be deciphered and implanted as a CHANGING OF A MAJOR ARCHITYPE; this not an overlay mylar film false concept (like a Jesus personality) but a an eon changing one; done only when it was thought the human was ready for it. Here is the funny thing, .gov still doesn't think we are ready to accept the OBVIOUS; whom actually genetically engineered us, as if we are children unable to understand.

edit on 12-8-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Imagination is a wonderful thing, but can lead some people right down to the bottom of the rabbit hole...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Imagination is a wonderful thing, but can lead some people right down to the bottom of the rabbit hole...

"Alice in Wonderland" is a great metaphor for the "peering into the Abyss YELLOW". What is it, exactly; looking for God, the searching of oneself (Dante's Inferno, PROGESSION OF THE INDIVIDUAL SOUL). If you have stood or balanced on the edge of potential insanity you would understand how 'imagination' gets you out THAT circumstance; usually using HUMOR to back peddle with (make someone laugh; resets the start button "can I please try this again now that I have a remote AWARENESS of something"). I would call this crawling/climbing/CLAWING oneself to the middle.
edit on 14-8-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Metallicus

Since I believe in reincarnation and karma my reason for participating is somewhat selfish at its most basic level. If I have to keep coming back and often with the same people it is to my benefit to leave the world better than I found it and to help those closest to me.

What if you are destined to deal with tons of other people in your journey through eternity... eventually you would probably meet everyone... so would it not also be "to your benefit" to help the stranger as well as those you care about?

Has not met Buddha/Jesus/Mohammed YET; as disguised a fakir: legless on a rolling cart, with a one eyed dog in tow; could be a Priest beggar, prophet, clown Politian; asking for quarters or dimes/nickels in his local downtown area I expect (needs to keep the eyes peeled).
edit on 14-8-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Ye never know...

What you've done to the least of these, you have done to me...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Ye never know...
What you've done to the least of these, you have done to me...

The truth of things; Wise Lemur, is that it is left to us without any help to decipher this mess called a 'soul aspect of the AUO (absolute unbounded oneness)' incarnates as YOU an individualized 'human' in the 3D (good luck to all with this prospect/no prior knowledge). You never know whom you are speaking to exactly; what their purpose for 'showing up at that moment is'/a potential agenda? a lesson to be learned or just the observation that an obvious beggar wants your attention. Oh, the disguises, the trickery; enlightenment can take.
edit on 15-8-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I found this uplifting quote that made me feel better about this life. I like it because it applies to everyone regardless of belief, non-belief or religion and basically says 'just do it'.

A Seed for Contemplation

People who write off this world as temporal think it’s
a worthless place and so miss out on a lot of valuable
unfoldment.

How do they think one reaches God Realization? It’s
not by hiding from the world, but by swimming in life.

-Harold Klemp
The Loving Heart

edit on 2014/8/19 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Why does there have to be a point to life? What is the point of a rock? How about a cat?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join