It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elie Wiesel: Stop Using Kids as Human Shields

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Hilux1996

Spoken like a true Hamas spokesperson.

The PLO (Fatah) have recognized Israel's right to exist and seek a two state solution.

It is because of the mindset that you have espoused that war rages on between Israel and Hamas, and Gaza continues to suffer.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Spoken like a true Israeli Terrorist supporter!

You need to give your brain cells a wee shake. They are obviously not working. Hamas was created by Israel. Any idiot can see why Hamas do what they do and who they REALLY work for!

Back on topic:

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz on Tuesday demanded that the High Court review a ruling it issued last Thursday in which it declared that the ‘human shield’ procedure employed by the IDF when detaining Palestinian terror suspects is illegal and violates international law.

Of course you can't call Palestinian kids Terror suspects but as usual Israeli's call all Palestinian kids Terrorists. Israeli's have that streak of nasty Racism.

Israeli Soldiers used Palestinians as Human Shields 1,200 times

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

As a person living in Israel for more than 16 years I can tell you that your words are only hate and ignorance, and you are as far away from reality as the earth is from moon. Sorry if I'm too blunt. I'm not a jew but living here I learned to understand and appreciate the jewish society, so let me tell you some naked truths straight from the field:

I will not get into either the state of Israel have the right to be here or not; a little history and the willingness to find out the truth will solve that problem. The fact is that this state is here, for more than 60 years now, and is here to stay; and as a sovereign state it will defend itself against any enemies. Why is so hard for some people to accept that? Why are they so surprised that Israel is returning fire? Should they just lay down and wait to be destroyed because some think they don't have the right to be here?

If the Hamas will get those two simple facts in their head, that Israel is there to stay and if you fire at them they will fire back, I guess there will be more room to talk and less killing.

But there is a war, and in war soldiers do make mistakes, or do stupid things; there is no such thing as a "clean" war, and it comes to mind many stupid things american soldiers did in Irak or Afghanistan. But Israel do have courts and held those soldiers responsible for these mistakes, as you can see from your own link and many other examples, just like any other civilized country . I wish I would see the same thing on the other side of the fence.

Israeli soldiers don't just get out in their tanks laughing "oh, let's just kill some palestinian children",that is the most unjust, grotesque and cruel spin of the media I ever saw. But this is the most mediated war on the face of earth, analyzed and twisted ad nauseam, and no matter what Israel does in this war, is always wrong. Forget about Syria, and the hundred of thousands of deaths; forget about Russia who in a week took half of Ukraine without blinking an eye; forget about Tibet, Afghanistan, Sudan, Nigeria or every other occupied zone or war zone on this planet; this is their local problems, let them solve it their own way. But somehow Israel's problem is everybody's problem, and not in a good, helpful way. Is like everybody awaits with their tongues out for the Israel to again make a mistake so they can justify once again their hate and deny their right to exist. I wonder why that is. And I wonder what the world would say if suddenly Israel would decide they had enough BS, will throw out the media, conquer Gaza in one day, make it a part of Israel and that's it; take it or leave it. Kind of like Putin. What the world would call them then, if now they call them terrorists?

But they don't do that, even if they can.

Yes, there were stupid decision from the Israel side along the way; there was greed, and wrong steps from stupid politicians, sometimes people got swept away in this never ending conflict; but no more than any other country and not even close to justify calling them terrorists and to deny them the right to exists.

Yet, let me say this: every country who wanted to make peace got their peace from Israel. Egypt, Syria, Jordan they all live in peace with Israel, as long as they leave them alone. They are not friends, they still hate each other but they are smart enough to not continue a war that cannot be won. How come in more than 60 years the palestinians didn't find a way to make peace? What did Hamas achieved, in this war and in the many previous ones other than death, destruction and the misery of their own people? Why they keep going like this?

Everybody is bitchering about how weak palestinians are and how disproportionate the Israeli response. But god dammit, why in the world do you start firing at them if you are so weak? This is not their first attempt, they know exactly what the Israeli response will be; what did they expected? How Israel should react, how do you fight with people who just don't care about their loses and are ready to die up to the last one?

First thing Israel did when they realized that they are at war was to build public bunkers everywhere, since 80's there is a law that every building should be build with a bunker room for every apartment, then Iron Dome and so on. They invested in protecting their citizens. Why Hamas didn't do the same? With the money they build tens of miles of tunnels and bought 9000 rockets they could have build a lot of bunkers for the people. Why they didn't? Let me ask you something else: why didn't they let the children inside their tunnels when they knew they will be bombed? They put the rockets inside the schools, why didn't they protect the innocents? I mean, you fire at an army stronger than yours, your enemy tells your own people "run cause we'll fire back!", you keep them on site while you hide your ass inside the tunnels then come out to count the dead and scream at how helpless and innocent you are?

You will never, ever see Israel sacrificing a cat even, not their people, just to show the media how much they suffer from the Hamas bombing. But somehow Israelis are the terrorists.
This is a media circus from the Hamas side, and they treat their people like expendable cattle; much worse than the Israelis are treating them.
Nobody in Israel is happy about these wars, no matter what you see on TV, but they have to protect themselves. There were anti-war protests both in Israel and Gaza; in Israel they mediated them for hours, and was given a lot of attention nationally and internationally. In Gaza they round them up and shot them, it was even a thread here on ATS about that. Did you saw that on TV, with the proper close-ups, cause I didn't. What, no palestinian with a smartphone was around to show us the latest atrocities?

Hamas asked for truce about five times in this last conflict, if I remember correctly, and yet they broke it every single time. Their people are dying like flies, they don't manage to do any real damage inside Israel, they know that every rocket will bring a new wave of bombing, yet they cannot restrain themselves 24 hours to let the people pick their dead and wounded? And all this for what? Someone please tell me in which way Hamas are the real heroes and are fighting for the good of palestinian people, cause I don't see it.

Israel exchanged 1000 prisoners for one captive soldier; for one! Hamas got 1200 people killed in a war just to show the world how much they suffer, while their kept their asses safe in tunnels. Who is the terrorist again?

But somehow Israel must find the higher way with these people, must always compromise and give in cause if not they will be judged by the whole world.
I promise myself I wont get involved in any of the threads since this conflict started, but here I am breaking it because sometimes too much is just too much. We are not terrorist here, we are normal people like each one of you out there. I have two boys, I don't want them to go to army, I don't want them to sacrifice 3 years of their life, or even their own life because incompetent politicians and extremist terrorists can't get to an agreement. Nobody I know here wants to see their kids in the army, or live in fear every time they go out because some lunatic will kidnap them. I also don't want them to go out there and kill other people, or god help, kids, because maybe you dont realize that but
edit on 5-8-2014 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
we have to live with this and those soldiers, boys and girls, are in fact our tomorrow's society. We don't want to have to kill in order to live. Also we don't want to live in fear of bombs every time some Hamas tick head got their periods.
We don't celebrate when we see children get killed in Gaza; we are not monsters. Those people sitting and watching the bombings that all media partied on them are part of our shame, not our majority. And even so I will tell you exactly what their story is: they are people from the south of the country that got bombed almost daily in the last year. When you live your life running in and out of shelters, when your fear for your life and the life of your children every single day and jump from your bed every night in the sound of rockets, you are happy that finally your country decided to take action and do something about it. They watched and hoped for the rockets to finally stop coming at them; I don't agree with them but I don't blame them either. I personally stopped watching TV after the first days, even if here we had 24 hours a day coverage; it seemed the most stupid and pointless war; it was like watching someone commiting suicide live; what kind of monster could enjoy that? Yet you realize that sometimes someone has to do the dirty work so the rest of us can keep living our lives.

But you see, this is our reality; for most of you is just a movie on TV, and always you see only selected cuts of the movie. For us is how we live day by day; is fear, anger, sometimes shame, yes, shame too even if is not our personal doings; but mostly is a devastating feeling of having enough already and the deep desire to just be left in peace. Just let us live in peace; and people who never in their life had to flee a rocket, or even heard the sound of a rocket coming at them, or lost a son in a war, people who never set foot in this country and know nothing about it please stop judging the israeli society, please stop calling them terrorists, and nazis and wish them death. Is just not right. And I welcome anyone of you who wants to come here and see it all up close and personal; I will happily host anyone who wants to come and see for themselves what kind of terrorists we are. Just let me know.

I personally know that I will leave this country one day; I just wait for my kids to finish high school and decide what they want to do with their lives. I had enough living under treat, and I know that it not have to be this way. But I have this choice because I'm not jew, and I have a country of my own where I can live in peace. But what choice do jewish people have other than stay and fight?
edit on 5-8-2014 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I am so sorry Hilux - I do not doubt your story that Zionists worked with Hitler but the proof that Isreal was founded on bought and paid for land is quite clear and indisputable.

I remember the money that was raised to buy the land! They actually used to put out contribution boxes that people could straight up donate to for the exact purpose of buying the land.

I have given you proof that the land was purchased. Where is your proof that it was not?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Thank you. Great post(s).

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Bravo WhiteHat

I think you made your point and very well I might add.

I also have wondered by Hamas would continue to fire bottle rockets at Isreal, KNOWING that Isreal will fire back and people will get killed.

I wonder why about 20 % of the population of Isreal are Arabs who have lived in peace with jews since Isreal was formed and why the "palistinians" cannot.

I wonder why the Arab states have not taken their brothers into their countries and offered them citizenship so they can rebuild their lives. Isreal absorbed about 1 million jews expelled summarily by their arab countries when Isreal was formed, why couldn't those same countries have absorbed 750,000 "palastinians"? I think we all know that the other Arab countries leave their brothers to suffer as a thorn in Isreals side.

You are not alone WhiteHat - I am afraid I have very little experience with jewish culture - however, in every country with a jewish population, that country has benefitted and I think there is much to be admired in jewish culture.

I too - am of the opinion, that Isreal exists and it is here to stay and anyone who thinks the solution to this problem is for the jews to leave is living in a fog of hate and prejudice. "palastinians" are not the first or only population to have to leave land they considered to be their own. They are the only ones who have suffered for 60 years and allowed their children to suffer - all to play of the role of "victim" and hope that someone in the world will rescue them.

Not going to happen folks - find a better way!

Tired of Control Freaks
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
Everybody is bitchering about how weak palestinians are and how disproportionate the Israeli response. But god dammit, why in the world do you start firing at them if you are so weak? This is not their first attempt, they know exactly what the Israeli response will be; what did they expected? How Israel should react, how do you fight with people who just don't care about their loses and are ready to die up to the last one?

There you go. That didn't hurt did it! You got it in a nutshell.

Yes that is correct. Why in the hell would Hamas fire off measly rockets that do little damage at a formidable armed to the teeth Israeli force? They know what the response will be. A full scale retaliation that would kill more Palestinians. Do Hamas care about Palestinians? No of course they don't. Otherwise they wouldn't put them in the line of fire all the time.

Who suffers every time Israel fires off a barrage of weaponry? The Palestinians. Do Hamas suffer? Seems not because later they do it again. Hamas causes the Palestinians to lose their homes and their lives.

Hence Hamas do NOT represent the Palestinians. So who do they represent? Who benefits from Hamas's lame attacks on Israel?

Israel does! Because the Zionists that control Israel have been very slowly driving the Palestinians like cattle (Goyim) into a smaller and smaller coral! They are completing their take over of the land they invaded in 1948.

But why after finding out that the Palestinians own a Gas field off of Gaza that has shown to have over 1.4 Trillion Cubic Feet of Gas in it that they have stepped up their cull plans? Oops did I say that? Oh yes I did.

1.4 Trillion Cubic Feet of Gas? That is worth Billions of $$. But is it worth killing the Palestinians for? Yes it is. With the Palestinians gone who inherits the Gas? ISRAHELL!!

Their Leviathan Gas field is just itching to be expanded into the Gaza field. Oh! And that's another reason for Syria. The Leviathan Gas field is itching to expand into the Syrian fields too.

But back to the poor defenceless Palestinians. In your comments that I never quoted you said this Israeli / Palestinian conflict is a War. It takes two sides of weaponry to be a war. This is a slaughter. A slaughter that started in 1948.

Yes you are right. The evil entity known as Israel has existed for over 60 years. Israel is a rogue Terrorist State. It was created by Terrorism and continues by Terrorism!

You support Israel then you support Terrorism!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

hamas would do it to get global attention and good will for the suffering of the "palistinians"

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

en.wikipedia.org...

According to the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers "2004 Global Report on the Use of Child Soldiers", there were at least nine documented suicide attacks involving Palestinian minors between October 2000 and March 2004[4] In 2004, the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers reported that "there was no evidence of systematic recruitment of children by Palestinian armed groups," also noting that this remains a small fraction of the problem in other conflict zones such as Africa, where there are an estimated 20,000 children involved in active combat roles in the Sudan alone.[5] Human Rights Watch also reported that "there was no evidence that the Palestinian Authority (PA) recruited or used child soldiers."[6] According to the Palestinian Human Rights Monitoring Group, in the al-Aqsa Intifada, children were used as "messengers and couriers, and in some cases as fighters and suicide bombers in attacks on Israeli soldiers and civilians" during the al-Aqsa Intifada. Fatah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad Movement and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine have all been implicated in involving children in this way. The issue was brought to world attention after a widely televised incident in which a mentally handicapped Palestinian teenager, Hussam Abdo, was disarmed at an Israeli checkpoint.[7] The youngest Palestinian suicide bomber who blew himself up was Issa Bdeir, a 16-year-old high school student from the village of Al Doha. He blew himself up in a park in Rishon LeZion, killing a teenage boy and an elderly man.

You get not sympathy from the global community when you strap a bomb to a child and send the child to kill jews. You get sympathy when you fire bottle rockets into Isreal and then, when Isreal responds, and a child is killed.

Same dead children but its the perspective of who has killed them that matters.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

There's no point answering you.
You are not here to talk, not to learn the facts, you are here only to spread your hate. I won't get into that with you.
Just be careful, so much anger will hurt your liver in the end.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm sorry but you don't understand me at all. I'm not trying to spread hate.

I'm simply stating a truth. Israel invaded and took over a country that was not theirs using Terrorist tactics that not only killed the people living on that land but killed some British that were there too.

Israel has been over the years driving the Palestinians from their homes and squeezing them so tight they now live in the biggest Open Air Concentration Camp in the world. 25 miles long 3 miles wide.

This was Israel's doing. Or in actual fact the Zionists! NOT the Jews.

What I say is not for hate. That's a Zionist trait. They are the Racists and Murderers. I am not!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I have provided you with evidence that the jews bought the land that became the state of isreal in 1948. So your first premise is mistaken and everything that flows from that first premise is also mistaken.

Either provide proof that the jews "stole" the land or admit that you really are just filled with hate.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Again I will re-iterate. I did not say Jews!

I said Zionists! Big difference between them!

I do not believe that anything was paid for. Especially not to the people that were living there!

Stop saying I am filled with hate! I am not, especially not with the Jews, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Mongolians, Russians,.............

I'll tell you what though, I don't like Zionists!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Belief is not fact

Find evidence that the jews did not pay for the land that formed the state of Isreal in 1948 (we will talk about what happened after 1948 after we have resolved what happened before 1948)

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Elie Wiesel isn't a very trustworthy source, from what I understand.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
He says this perfectly!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

David Icke is your proof????

en.wikipedia.org...

cke was a BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party, when in 1990 a psychic told him that he was a healer who had been placed on Earth for a purpose, and that the spirit world was going to pass messages to him. In March 1991 he held a press conference to announce that he was a "Son of the Godhead" – a phrase he said later the media had misunderstood. He said that a subsequent appearance on BBC's Wogan changed his life, turning him from a respected household name into someone who was laughed at whenever he appeared in public.[1] He nevertheless continued to develop his ideas, and in four books published over seven years – The Robots' Rebellion (1994), And the Truth Shall Set You Free (1995), The Biggest Secret (1999), and Children of the Matrix (2001) – set out a worldview that combined New-Age spiritualism with a denunciation of totalitarian trends in the modern world. At the heart of his theories lies the idea that a secret group of reptilian humanoids called the Babylonian Brotherhood controls humanity, and that many prominent figures are reptilian.[2]

And what makes him an authority on Isreal????

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

David Icke is your proof????

en.wikipedia.org...

cke was a BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party, when in 1990 a psychic told him that he was a healer who had been placed on Earth for a purpose, and that the spirit world was going to pass messages to him. In March 1991 he held a press conference to announce that he was a "Son of the Godhead" – a phrase he said later the media had misunderstood. He said that a subsequent appearance on BBC's Wogan changed his life, turning him from a respected household name into someone who was laughed at whenever he appeared in public.[1] He nevertheless continued to develop his ideas, and in four books published over seven years – The Robots' Rebellion (1994), And the Truth Shall Set You Free (1995), The Biggest Secret (1999), and Children of the Matrix (2001) – set out a worldview that combined New-Age spiritualism with a denunciation of totalitarian trends in the modern world. At the heart of his theories lies the idea that a secret group of reptilian humanoids called the Babylonian Brotherhood controls humanity, and that many prominent figures are reptilian.[2]

And what makes him an authority on Isreal????

Tired of Control Freaks

I know about that crap they post in the Lamestream Media.

I never said that David Icke is proof. It's what he says that rings true.

Sheesh! Listen to what he says and not who or what he is!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You should all know by now that anyone that walks away after being bombed by Isreal or the USA was inocent and anyone thats dead is a terrorist.

These so called "Human Shields" in Gaza includes one year old kids who are being evacuated in the middle of the night after being bombed and the jets come back and bomb again to kill more of them.

Hamas has little more than sticks and stones to fight back with, american indians had bows and arrows and we all know who won that war.

I know all them Indian kids who had their land taken away were human shelds too right !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join