It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Strikes Deal With Atheists To Monitor Sermons And Homilies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: St Udio

While completely reasonable, most atheists are solely focused on Christianity.

How many times must it be stated? In the USA Christianity is the predominate religious belief.

At least one more time it seems.

I haven't heard of the "Muslim Right", at least not yet. But, it is amusing watching Christians get their panties in a bunch with the growing Muslim faith in America.

Atheists do not focus on Christians. They focus mainly on the infringement of religion in government. Guess who the main culprits are. Go ahead, guess.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Most vocal atheists seem to be just as likely to defend Islam as they are to attack Christianity.

Oops! I somehow missed this gem.

I'll just give it it's own post.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You mean until gays decided they had to have marriage and started bucking to redefine it and force us to accept it.

Until they decided: they have to have it? Seriously?

How about they were entitled to it same as anyone else? Christianity didn't invent marriage - and they don't own the rights. It does not belong - to you

They didn't redefine it - and nobody forced anyone to accept it. You don't have to accept it - you just won't be able to prevent it - that's not at all the same thing

They fought (along with a lot of straight people) for a right that should never have been denied them in the first place. You BELIEVE that it is to be between a man and a woman - and that is between you and your God. Nobody has taken that from you

The only thing that's changed is that religion doesn't (always - things are still changing) get to decide everything for those that don't believe

You don't own this country ketsuko - or me, my beliefs - or my rights

Our refusal to live by your rules is not the same thing as persecution

Or, do you really mean to say that Christians get to decide everything for everyone else - and that we should all just accept that because, well - just because...

edit on 8/2/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yet another reason to get rid of the Idiotic Revenue Service.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Progressives enjoy your now,the pendulum will always swing back the other way.

It's swung mostly one way for centuries...

I would have hoped that by now we could all work together and agree to come up with laws that make it possible for all people to be free - all of us living with the same rights and protections

I would have hoped - and still hope. But, I can see that it's still more important for some people to win

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Muslim?

u said guess

im sticking with muslims,,

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i rather they monitored this meeting of Qatar Military guy,,

with Chucky Haegle,,hagil ??the other guy.

ohh 11 billion $ arms deal,,

but what did the talk about,,,hmmm

edit on 8/2/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

That is freaking JAMIE DIMON!!
Seriously???

OMG.

Just...omg.

Here's a side-by-side pic. Jamie Hagel.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that was my initial reaction.

edit on 8/2/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Our refusal to live by your rules is not the same thing as persecution

Or, do you really mean to say that Christians get to decide everything for everyone else - and that we should all just accept that because, well - just because...

Because the Bible.

edit on 8/2/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Progressives enjoy your now,the pendulum will always swing back the other way.

It's swung mostly one way for centuries...

I would have hoped that by now we could all work together and agree to come up with laws that make it possible for all people to be free - all of us living with the same rights and protections

I would have hoped - and still hope. But, I can see that it's still more important for some people to win

Yes and this would include people exercising their freedom of speech not to have concerns about losing their freekin job for doing so.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Yes and this would include people exercising their freedom of speech not to have concerns about losing their freekin job for doing so.

This relates to what - and then how?

Do you mean to suggest that I believe people should lose their jobs because of something they said?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

How many times must it be stated? In the USA Christianity is the predominate religious belief.

I haven't heard of the "Muslim Right", at least not yet. But, it is amusing watching Christians get their panties in a bunch with the growing Muslim faith in America.

Atheists do not focus on Christians. They focus mainly on the infringement of religion in government. Guess who the main culprits are. Go ahead, guess.

Well then they atheists should be seriously concerned about keeping a watch Muslims then. To many of them Christians and atheists are both infidels.

But really according to the constitution Muslims are covered under the same protection. It says "religion" not christianity.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: Annee

Muslim?

u said guess

im sticking with muslims,,

So, you're saying the main religion in the USA that infringes their power on US government is Muslim.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This relates to what - and then how?

Do you mean to suggest that I believe people should lose their jobs because of something they said?

I don't know what you believe about this. I was pointing out that folks have been asked to step out or are fired for openly suggesting marriage is between a man and a woman.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Annee

Well then they atheists should be seriously concerned about keeping a watch Muslims then.

That has nothing to do with your original claim/post.

Atheist's main political focus is separation of church and state. They do not target any specific religion.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

From your link:

The FFRF has temporarily withdrawn its suit in return for the IRS's agreement to monitor sermons and homilies for proscribed speech that the foundation believes includes things like condemnation of gay marriage and criticism of ObamaCare for its contraceptive mandate.

What on earth are you even talking about?

A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by a Wisconsin-based group representing atheists and agnostics against the Internal Revenue Service after the IRS says it instituted a protocol for investigating tax-exempt churches and religious organizations involved in political activity.

Atheist Group’s Challenge To Church Tax Exemption Is Tossed By Court

Responding to the lawsuit, the IRS asserted that American Atheists could have registered as a church. Bertelsman noted that the IRS “argues that the Atheists voluntarily choose to spend their time and money complying with the alleged discriminatory standards for tax-exempt organizations and their self-inflicted injury fails to rise to an injury in fact and is not traceable to Government action.”

Some of you guys cry wolf way too often - and you have no shame (apparently)

But, hey - way to rally those persecuted troops - am I right?

:-)
edit on 8/2/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: not colorful enough

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I wonder if it comes close to the number of people fired for speaking up for gay rights - and speaking out against discrimination

You have real numbers - or are we dancing hypothetically?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hello again ketsuko,

"So you have attached your faith to rationality."

Here I am trying to be rational,
but you faithfully throw a wrench into my gears!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hello again neo!

Faith and emotion in politics
are like lumps in gravy.
Try like heck,
but you still get your lumps.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Seriously? This is an official statement from the IRS?

"Responding to the lawsuit, the IRS asserted that American Atheists could have registered as a church"

edit on 2-8-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join