It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Law Enforcement Volunteer To Form ‘Border Brotherhood’ To Regulate Immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Brooks County, Texas (CBS HOUSTON) – Law enforcement officers from several Texas counties have banded together to form a “Border Brotherhood” who volunteer without pay to help enforce U.S. border laws in counties where there are too few deputies to regulate the ongoing flow of illegal immigrants crossing over from Mexico.
Chasing immigrants and human traffickers on foot and in high-speed pursuits, Chief Daniel Walden has helped form what he calls the “Border Brotherhood” to assist law enforcement officers in Brooks County — 80 miles from his own school district in Donna, Texas – to help curb human smuggling and illegal immigration,

Texas Law Enforcement Volunteer To Form ‘Border Brotherhood’ To Regulate Immigration

Did you catch the part .... who volunteer without pay to help enforce U.S. border laws in counties where there are too few deputies to regulate the ongoing flow of illegal immigrants crossing over from Mexico.

This is not right..Well i see a lot more militia in the near future..

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with militias. They do serve an important purpose.

But there is more to this story than what's been presented.

Walden and the other volunteer officers of the Brotherhood regularly chase down undocumented immigrants and human traffickers who simply drop off illegals of all ages in the expansive brush of Brooks County – many of these people are left to wander thousands of acres of land and often die along the way.

“It’s something I took a personal interest in,” said Walden. “We’re law enforcement. We’re not immigration. But we’re human beings and we care about someone’s life…We’re here to save lives. Every person we’re able to recover is somebody who is not going to die in the brush.”

That's admirable if you ask me.
edit on 7/31/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/31/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

There are multiple militias operating in the area. I'm very skeptical of vigilantes with guns. It's corrosive and an embarrassment to a society that is supposed to be governed by laws.

source" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">s ource

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i agree but they have to volunteer and not get paid when they should be getting paid to do their job. This whole mess is getting way out of control. Also a bunch of new articles about the illnesses they are bringing with them.heres 1

dailycaller.com...

and the lock down the other day a housing..this 1
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How do civilians "enforce U.S. border laws?"

I wonder just how brutal their enforcement is? And in what manner are they accountable?

Almost any person's sense of civic duty can be elevated to righteousness, or diminished to jack-booted thuggery.

What the need does clearly show is that their respective governments suddenly can't muster the force to do anything but cherry-pick what they are willing to do... and leave the rest to chance.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

They are not vigilantes as you put it sorry. Also it is every Americans duty to serve as the militias... ask the founding fathers...Whats next the ol ar 15 is a high powered assault weapon non sense when a hunting rife is more powerful?
and only the military have assault weapons means select fire from 3 round burst to full auto civilians don't have them

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

If their main focus is saving people from death through dehydration, exposure, and related issues, then I think that is a laudable goal, pure in its goodness.

If there are other strings on the bow they are carrying while off duty, there may be some issues with it that will no doubt only be addressed in the event of a catastrophic balls up on someone's part.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ya, there definitely are some liabilities associated with this. One over-zealous nutbag could create some problems.
I hope they are doing this out of safety concerns for the people.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

There are multiple militias operating in the area. I'm very skeptical of vigilantes with guns. It's corrosive and an embarrassment to a society that is supposed to be governed by laws.

Yes we're governed by the Constitution. Read it and learn something. Militias are specifically mentioned, if you didn't know.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Kudos to them for doing something!! Its obvious our government won't.

I bet we see a lot more of this.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
How do civilians "enforce U.S. border laws?"

The same way they can in any other state with the various laws in question. Even in states that do not allow a citizens arrest they can allow for a detention pending law enforcement arrival (check your local state laws).

I wonder just how brutal their enforcement is? And in what manner are they accountable?

Way to look at just the brutality part while ignoring the non brutality methods. The comment is crap and you know it.
Accountability would be done the same manner as with law enforcement. If the individuals violate a law taking a person into custody / detaining then they can be charged with it.

Almost any person's sense of civic duty can be elevated to righteousness, or diminished to jack-booted thuggery.

Or clouded by a close mind towards law enforcement.

What the need does clearly show is that their respective governments suddenly can't muster the force to do anything but cherry-pick what they are willing to do... and leave the rest to chance.

What it shows is the Federal Governments inability to enforce immigration laws on the US Border. It demonstrates that the government is using border patrol as nannies instead of what they are suppose to be doing. It demonstrates the anger building up in border states that are being forced to face an immigration onslaught because Obama is a no talent ass clown who should be impeached.

Maybe we should get all the facts before targeting law enforcement eh?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Governed by laws?........Hmmmmmm perhaps you are talking about immigration laws?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Our government thinks its more important to radiate gramma and fondle toddlers at the airport.

The whole situation is a mess and I'm glad to see people that do care enough to do something about it. But watch for Washington to intervene because those are potential votes coming across

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
For: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Way to look at just the brutality part while ignoring the non brutality methods. The comment is crap and you know it...

Most notably, that was a question, not a comment.

Unlike what you appear to be inferring, my implication was the importance of understanding exactly how these civilians would 'enforce' laws. Law enforcement is about the application of some form of force... these people are according to the article driven to enforce immigration law, but they cite a desire to provide help to the would-be immigrants... but it seems like a notion that makes attractive an otherwise unpleasant option.

I understand that most militias are well organized and regulated, but I did not understand this to be a "militia" but something different.

I have great concerns with para-military groups taking up operations dealing with a relatively powerless group of people... things can go very wrong. Where organizations lack public oversight, often it's unaccountability becomes entrenched to the point where nothing can be compelled... examples abound... but I suggest your antipathy towards my line of questioning is more about the problem than it is about the anticipated solution.

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Or clouded by a close mind towards law enforcement.

Of the two phrases I balance in that in my post there, you chose the negative and attributed it to me... I acknowledge clearly and first that this could be a good thing, and caution that it might not... in either case, you seem inclined to cast aspersions... why?

I presume to understand your staunch opposition to statements that don't promote anything less than absolute support for the idea of the noble intent of law enforcement. Of course, this is most like to be generally true. Generally.

I don't mind that you react as you do to my post, but I would like to come to an understanding about why you feel so vehemently that any an all questions regarding the form of this enforcement are necessarily meant to signify no confidence in the idea?
edit on 2-8-2014 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Nevermind...

You are right, I am wrong.

my apologies.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join