It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A MUST READ - Article on David Byrne's website on the Gaza-Israel conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I usually stay away from artist's opinions on politics and most social issues, plenty of hipocrisy and ignorance there.
But a friend shared this on social media and I was just delighted and identified with his take on the whole conflict.
I find his words extremely sobering, specially amongst all the hate,propaganda and bigotry around. I've succumbed to this behaviour myself a few times, its sickening.

I would like you people to give this one a read, since it provides understanding and a very fair point of view to the dirty and bloody spectacle of this silly war.

It's somewhat long and I won't quote anything. First part is a letter and the other is a response to that letter.

Here is the link: davidbyrne.com...

Leave your opinions here, and hopefully some people will shrug off all the hate and try to put certain things in perspective.

Thanks for your attention!
edit on 31-7-2014 by metodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Anyone who supports Israels actions in Gaza this lot of attacked, is not human, simple as that.

The bloke at the head of the UN supports israel to the hilt so this shows you what sort of organisation the UN is. It obviously has a slaughterous agenda.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: metodex

The response letter is a fantastic read and one of the best descriptions of the history and issues I have ever read.

Should be mandatory reading for everyone.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

The response letter is a fantastic read and one of the best descriptions of the history and issues I have ever read.

I absolutely second that.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

In fact I think it's done better than the OP. It is curious there is no outrage for the rest of world events killing people wholesale. It is also curious the obvious propaganda aspect of the whole thing from everyone everywhere. Lastly there seems to be no middle ground by posters, they appear to be on one side or the other, and willing to poke each other through the slates in the neutral fence.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

interesting read thx for posting......nice to see a balanced and informative read on the subject

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The only problem I have is that Peter Schwartz says "US behaves as it does with a nearly uncritical support of Israel". That may be true of the government but not the people, with 62% not agreeing to israel's disproportianate aggression and the same can be said for the U.K. We have seen mass protests in the U.K. and U.S.A. and for the most part these protests are not shown on the MSM. So I have to ask myself as Peter goes on to say " They are simply doing what they think their audiences want to hear" why say this when it is simply not true. And I also have to ask why would goverments go against what the masses want as that is surely political suicide.
I have a feeling the offshore gas reserves have more to do with this whole situation than religion or politics. I suggest a read of the following article and I am interested if anybody feels the same.

www.theecologist.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly.
People have been conditioned to percieve and observe conflict in simplistic terms, good guy/bad guy, white hat/black hat and war as a concept of right / wrong with parameters and rules.
War is hell
It is a ravenous beast that feeds on misery, fear and blood, usually innocent blood.
There is no glory in war, just suffering.

This war Imho is inevitable and will only end with the annhialation of one side. You can cite history till one is blue, but you cannot change one iota. Humanity must stop expending energy regurgitating history

Yesterday is done, it is immoveable and unchangeable, only tomorrow can we change. That's where our energy should be directed.

I have said before on these forums that I think that this conflict is an ideological clash.

A literal battle between Gods for their very existence and dominance.

And there are no entities in our universe more egotistical, maniacal, self important or genocidal than the Gods of men.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Indeed the issue should be looked at from a different perspective. In my opinion one can digest the whole issue if he/she looks at the root of all these recent wars on Gaza. the root is this: Isrealis occupied palestinian lands decades ago and they are not lawful settlers there. lets be clear, as an Iranian I a fully aware that Arab Leaders (Or better to say illiterate Dictators) may betray we Iranins (as many times they did so) but in the war between palestinians and Isrealis who is the real guilty? who has the justice in his side? who is producing excuses for his atrocities? who? When I attend to the fact that they knew it was a UN School and still they bombed it I remember A Documentary in which jews of mysterious beliefs murdered innocent children and ate their blood in their brutal ceremonies (It is a reality not a fairytale). Isrealis are indeed human eaters.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Folks, we have to read this sort of thing with a grain of salt at the very least. It could be purely of bunch of propaganda excrement just to put it mildly. Don't be an ignorant sap sucker.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thanks for reading guys. I don't have many english speaking friends so there's no point in sharing it.
But it would be nice if you shared this one! To counter all the propaganda on both sides, wich is 90% of what people are reading.

And Logarock,
You should definitely read the whole thing, i'm guessing you didn't read the second part.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes, I almost missed the second part.

THAT is what is worth reading.

edit on 31-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well i'm glad people read this one lol.
Nobody wants reason! Let's go to war!

top topics

join