It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappelle: I'm seven years late for work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It's too hard to pick a favorite comedian, but Dave is definitely in my top 2.

I'm not sure on what to say as far as 'talking points' go, so hopefully the video can spark a bit of conversation?

For those who are unable to watch videos, sorry bout your luck. If you enjoy his works enough, i'm sure you can find a way.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I know the man personally.. he lives about 10-15 miles from me, I see him in the local clubs all the time.. he's a mellow man.. he loves jazz.. he has a great wife and kids, he is also big on tech when it comes to phones... my co-worker babysat for him in yellow springs ohio.. I'm in Riverside
edit on 7/30/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

I love DAVE!!! AND DAMNIT I MISS HIM!!!!

The Chappelle Show was pure awesome and I miss it so! His HBO stand up shows, especially Killing Them Softly, are HILARIOUS!

I'm happy to see him back! He's still hilarious.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Dave is an awesome guy.. I met him twice in person.. the first time was at the mall .. he shut down the tmobile store for a sidekick phone... second time was at a more posh jazz club in downtown dayton... the other brushes were because a friend of mine babysat for the family and that person was part of a web development company we tried to start that didn''t get off the ground... but I met his kids many times.. dave lives in Yellow Springs ohio .. beautiful part of our state... a huge nature reserve is there ... it's not hardcore
it's the hippy capital of the state... but that's his home town and where he lives
edit on 7/30/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
miniatus, i am super jealous.

I'm still watching more videos, trying to see what i've missed from Dave. I've bought the box set twice because "friends" wanted to borrow it....

Well here is a video I believe was on the DVD; out takes basically, off the dome, if you will.

Comedic genius.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Pure genious with a funny soul, i saw the interview a few days ago, man did chappelle change physicly, i wish him all the best.
edit on 30-7-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Lol i just lmao at the bit after the water bit, when Letterman was going on n hes like HUH!? Lol i was wondering what Letterman was going on about aswell hahaha. Actually the whole video is hilarious, Dave Is a freaking legend, i still look up all his old stand up on youtube and watch it, im glad he is making a come back!!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Some of the stuff on his show is really funny, while other stuff is really lacking (creativity/script writing wise).

I think Chris Rock is funnier; but they're different comedians.

Not to take anything away, that stand-up clip was really funny.
edit on 31-7-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Man, he looks horrible. Aging like crap.

With his sun glasses on, he looks like one of those green dudes from the original Land of the Lost.

edit on 31-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I think Dave Chappelle's career is over because he went AWOL from his Comedy Central contractual obligations. Studio heads don't forget things like those. Chappelle had his chance and he blew it. The last I heard about DC is that he got heckled off a stage a few months ago.

He is a talented funny man, but I think the pressure got to him and he walked away from it all. His departure left the door open to other comedians like Tracy Morgan and Kevin Hart to take his place.

I agree with what nOraKat stated, Chris Rock is funnier and didactic.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Man, he looks horrible. Aging like crap.

With his sun glasses on, he looks like one of those green dudes from the original Land of the Lost.

I'm pretty sure he looks perfectly fine for a 40 year old man with a family.

top topics

join