It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I think I understand Lois Lerner's obsession with the Tea Party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Now I think I understand Lois Lerner's obsession with keeping 501(c)3's close to her Democratic Party vest and away from other groups such as the Tea Party supported non profits at this particular point in time.

With all the international news dominating the mainstream media, the IRS scandal seems to have been put on the back burner. I hope our Congressmen are continuing to probe this matter, however. In my opinion, this is HUGE and ties everything together including this latest immigration fiasco!

Non profits are Big Business. There are multi levels from the Government Agency (think HHS, HUD, IRS, DHS, etc.) that receives their budget funding from Congress, to the grant process, to the contractor process, and then from there the distribution of the funds to "the cause" and a gazillion things in between.

501(c)3's are key to feeding the Big Business of Poverty through services such as education, housing, legal counseling, etc. Too bad that after half a century and hundreds of billions of dollars, poverty issues are still being used to suck the tax payers, and the poor people continue to vote in these "thieves".

This mass immigration of illegals represents big $$$$$ to those receiving grants and contracts from the various agencies such as HHS, DHS, HUD, etc. Those grants will be used by 501(c)3 to feed their various affiliated contractors......from legal services to housing to medical care to education programs. These are tax payer dollars funding it all and the amounts are enormous.

In turn, votes are purchased by those getting the tax payer funds, be it the illegal voters or the ones in the Business of Big Poverty.

Lois Lerner is married to a man named Michael R. Miles of the Washington, D.C. law firm of Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, LLP. This law firm has close government ties, and a little research will reveal a great deal. This connection bears investigation, imo.

Lois Lerner has an agenda. She also has a history.

IRS's Lerner had History of Harassment

While we watch Israel and Gaza, Russia and Ukraine, the wheels are going forward to "fundamentally transform America" and "change our history"...using tax payer dollars, of course.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The trouble with this defense is that, prior to joining the IRS, Lerner's tenure as head of the Enforcement Office at the Federal Election Commission (FEC) was marked by what appears to be politically motivated harassment of conservative groups.

No wonder she pleads the 5th.

Lois "The Innocent", 5th Baroness of Progressivton.

I think she is the key player in the entire long-term agenda.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Obfuscated in the GOP led "conspiracy" cries was that the IRS targeted ALL political groups - liberals included, with names like "Occupy" and "Progressive" in addition to the names like "Tea Party."

The IRS "also investigated liberal groups, groups that had progressive in their name. ... The IRS was basically looking at everybody."

New Records: IRS Targeted Progressive Groups More Extensively Than Tea Party

New Docs: IRS Targeted Liberal Groups The Most. Darrell Issa To Apologize Any Day Now, We Are Sure

IRS inspector general: Liberals also on target list

Darrel Issa has been desperate to keep that snippet of information out of the limelight so he could keep his party base in a constant state of outrage for political reasons.

The actions were designed to curb abuses by political groups flooding politics with 'dark money' - to curb corruption.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Finally now we know why Lois Lerner plead the 5th.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think she is just part of the Power Elite who don't want to see the 2 Party RoadBlock System go away, a 3rd Party can break the "Yes-No" paradigm.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
"Thinkprogress"

check.

ultra-Left Wing.

Think Progress is a "project" of the American Progress Action Fund (APAF), a "sister advocacy organization" of the John Podesta-led Center for American Progress (CAP) and CAP's entities such as Campus Progress. It also draws freely on the resources of the George Soros-funded Media Matters website edited by David Brock.

Think Progress is an Internet blog that "pushes back, daily," by its own account, against its conservative targets, and supports the APAF agenda: to transform "progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing and advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders throughout the country and the world." Think Progress promotes an agenda identical to that of the left wing of the Democratic Party.

THINK PROGRESS

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Resorting to ad-hominem attacks, I see. Rather than addressing the message, you'd prefer to attack the messenger.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Resorting to ad-hominem attacks, I see. Rather than addressing the message, you'd prefer to attack the messenger.

I think Xuenchen was simply agreeing with you that ultra-left wing crap spewers like "thinkprogress" were also targeted. "Progress" is liberal code for watch your wallet.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't dislike Lois Lerner, I just really really really hate her.....

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Nope.

Simply giving the facts.

knowing and understanding all sides is paramount.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
does everyone here understand that by the very nature of the 501c3...here's the law....
www.irs.gov...&-Non-Profits/Charitable-Organizations/Exemption-Requirements-Section-501(c)(3)-Organizations

every organization is "targeted"....why?...because they are trying to avoid paying taxes...if, as an IRS worker, I saw "tea party" or "OWS"...guess what?...I would be "targeting" them to make sure they are not trying to pull a fast one, and get out of paying taxes illegally.....or, in another more advanced, and intellectually sounding phrase..."DUH"

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You have hit upon a nugget of something going on here, but I'm not quite able to tie the threads together.

One avenue of research I'm looking into ties in with where you're pointing, but I'm not sure how the two are interrelated. My research is into the issue of what the legalization of 5 million or more illegal entrants to the U.S. will do to the social fabric of the US. Its easy and some what knee jerk to point out that of course, these millions of new entrants along with the uncounted and undocumented millions of followers-on that are coming with them, will likely provide another huge pool of Democrat voters. That's pretty much a given, but I think there's going to be an effect on the society as a whole that will dwarf whatever effect they may have on elections. Its too early yet for me to qualify just what that effect will be, but I'm beginning to suspect that its going to have an atomizing effect on the "born here" population in terms of how they self-identify going forward.

The effect of granting refugee status to those wishing to enter the US from Central American banana republics means in effect that over the course of the next 4 years, the US is likely to intake something on the order of another 25-50 million aliens into the country. Immigration at that rate is likely to largely overwhelm all social structural systems such as schools, medical facilities, urban transportation systems, the like. But immigration at that rate and scale will also make assimilation into the society as members of the traditional "American" society near impossible as well.

There aren't many historical examples of societies being overwhelmed by new comers on this scale. The most obvious one of course is that of the late Western Roman Empire. My research into that era of history indicates that as wave after wave of German tribal immigration into Italy, the heart of the Western Roman Empire occurred, the new comers were incapable of assimilating into Roman culture as "Romans". But what effect did that invasion have on the "Romans" living in Italy? There are several well documented effects. First, the Roman elites moved themselves and their wealth out of the major urban areas, leaving in their wake, the lower classes who had worked for the elites and the State in place in the Urban areas. Many of the Roman elites families withdrew to their country farming estates. Many moved altogether to Constantinople to continue their business enterprises in shipping and merchandizing. Another effect and a rather peculiar one is that the surviving Roman families quit identifying themselves as "Roman"; they began to self identify either by family name or by location name. Thus for example, Romans living in Venice quit thinking of themselves as "Roman" and came to think of themselves as Venetian, and as such, continued to pursue their shipping/trading and merchandizing enterprises in Venice.

In terms of your observations on Lois Lerner, it may well be the case that in pursuing open borders on a scale as massive as granting refugee status to residents of Central America, it may well be that the objective of those pursuing this policy is something far greater than establishment of a permanent voting majority. It may be the case that they seek to overwhelm and ultimately end US "American" cultural national identity. It isn't clear to me what purpose that serves, but targeting of "Tea Party" activities and organizations would go hand in hand with discouraging home grown nationalistic groups. Massive immigration will serve to atomize those groups and their effectiveness would be reduced to zero and any "identity" they might have as "American" would be lost to history.

Interestingly, concomitant with this abolition of meaningful borders or status as sovereign nation-state, we're seeing more and more US Corporations leaving the US for more tax friendly jurisdictions. So, perhaps, we're beginning to see the diaspora similar to the exodus of the Roman elites and their family fortunes and enterprises. It certainly seems to be the case that just as these Corporations have become disconnected from US identity, they've also abandoned their interest in US Governance. In fact, anymore, the US system of governance is coming more to resemble an Oligarchic system similar to that found in the Russian Federation.

Interesting times. Oh, BTW, don't expect anyone in Congress to pick up the trail of investigation of Lerner; that issue will simply fade away.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"Thinkprogress"

check.

ultra-Left Wing.

Think Progress is a "project" of the American Progress Action Fund (APAF), a "sister advocacy organization" of the John Podesta-led Center for American Progress (CAP) and CAP's entities such as Campus Progress. It also draws freely on the resources of the George Soros-funded Media Matters website edited by David Brock.

Think Progress is an Internet blog that "pushes back, daily," by its own account, against its conservative targets, and supports the APAF agenda: to transform "progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing and advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders throughout the country and the world." Think Progress promotes an agenda identical to that of the left wing of the Democratic Party.

THINK PROGRESS

You took the words out of my mouth.

Here is just one 501(c)3 that is connected to the law firm Lerner's husband works for. I'm not trying to pass judgement on their "cause"......just that 501(c)3's and 501(c)4's have to have IRS approval. They receive lucrative government grants and even just a little research regarding what companies/firms get these contracts from this grant money is very revealing. As we here on ATS always say, "Follow the Money!!"
Georgia Innocence Program

Now, I'm still connecting our Illegal Immigration Influx to all this and what may be coming up in the way of who will be receiving grant money (501(c)3 and 501(c)4) and the subsequent contracts to legally advise, house, feed, educate, etc. these people.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Lois Lerner and the IRS admitted "over targeting".

And the "Progressive" targeting was extremely limited and less time consuming and resulted in limited actions against Progressive groups.

And now we see another "valid" reason.

The grant money being given out by Executive Branch departments.

They obviously wanted to limit that money to Conservative groups in favor of Liberal groups.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

TonyS....I just had a conversation with a group of friends this weekend about the comparison to the fall of the Roman Empire to the path America seems to be on.

Like you, I too think a plan is in the works to de-develop America and dilute the American culture. The Tea Party movement is in answer to this far left agenda. It is the other end, so to speak, that helps to keep a balance and maintain a semblance of what our American values are about.

The pendulum must swing. If it gets too far one way or the other, the balance is tipped and we "fundamentally change" and the change won't be for the better. America may not be perfect, but our fundamentals are just fine.

I firmly believe there is a connection between the IRS holding up approvals on 501(c)3's & 4's and the mass influx of illegal immigrants who will be needing massive amounts of tax payer $$$ for legal assistance, housing, medical care, education, etc. They limited the competition for grant money by stalling these approvals, imo.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

"Thinkprogress"

check.

ultra-Left Wing.

THINK PROGRESS

You took the words out of my mouth.

Here is just one 501(c)3 that is connected to the law firm Lerner's husband works for. I'm not trying to pass judgement on their "cause"......just that 501(c)3's and 501(c)4's have to have IRS approval. They receive lucrative government grants and even just a little research regarding what companies/firms get these contracts from this grant money is very revealing. As we here on ATS always say, "Follow the Money!!"
Georgia Innocence Program

Now, I'm still connecting our Illegal Immigration Influx to all this and what may be coming up in the way of who will be receiving grant money (501(c)3 and 501(c)4) and the subsequent contracts to legally advise, house, feed, educate, etc. these people.

here is form 990 for the year 2012....down in part VIII....under government grants, it shows only 56,256 dollars out of a combined 9,066,531 dollars in total contributions and grants....
www.innocenceproject.org...

your term "lucrative government grants" is hyperbole to say the least
edit on 28-7-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Most of the profiling was actually of 501(c)4 groups. This type of non-profit includes groups like Crossroads GPS and Americans For Prosperity that then will have an associated PAC/Super PAC, which are 527 organizations.

Following the Citizen's United verdict (January of 2010), the number of applications for 501(c)4 status more than doubled from about 1,500 in 2010 to 3,400 in 2012. This was a result of the BIG MONEY pouring into corrupting our elections process. 501(c)4's are allowed to participate in unlimited lobbying and they can engage in political campaigning as long as it's not their primary activity. These organizations also don't have to list their donors. They are the ideal vehicle for injecting "dark money" into US elections.

501(c)3 organizations can't campaign AT ALL and can engage in limited lobbying.

The OP makes a bunch of disjointed, sometimes inaccurate claims and there's no glue. What does one have to do with the other? Less Tea Party 501(c)4's equates to more 501(c)3's?

Also, how much money are we actually talking about? The majority of tax payer dollars that go to social welfare programs are in the form of block grants given to the states to administer.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

As we here on ATS always say, "Follow the Money!!"

Unless of course it involves following the dark money funneled through a flood of right-wing 501(c)4's because we can't follow that money, by design (and who would want to, 'cause they're the "good guys" right?) If you really believe in following the money, I'd say that you're on the wrong side of the issue.
edit on 2014-7-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think the Left-Wing 501(c)4's spend more money all in all.

[ looking up numbers ... ]

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

I think the Left-Wing 501(c)4's spend more money all in all.

[ looking up numbers ... ]

Not according to Open Secrets.

2012 (non-disclosing) : Conservative groups spent $265.2 million versus $34.7 million for Liberal groups

2014 (non-disclosing) : Conservative groups have spent $26.6 million versus $11.3 million for Liberal groups

Now if you look at ALL outside spending for 2014, the left has been gaining significant ground and the numbers are a lot closer: $79.3 million vs $61.1 million (take away the non-disclosing figures and they'd be neck and neck). Does it really matter who is spending more though? Why should we want dark money influencing our elections?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join