It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got some sick upgrades for my Glock. :D

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

originally posted by: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

originally posted by: ZeroReady
Um...That one picture...Never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot? Ring a bell?

Remember that line from Black Hawk Down where Eric Bana is getting grilled for not having his safety on, and he pulls up his trigger finger and says; "We'll this is my safety, sir."? Well, so long as you're not retarded, the same thing basically applies here. Also, not only was the gun completely empty, there unfortunately is not a single bullet in this house (not my decision). I keep them somewhere else. So I think it's pretty safe to say nothing was getting shot.

Plus, who knows, maybe the grass was about to start some #. It's got enough weeds in it. Maybe I was trying to shoot my way to a weed free lawn? You never know. The possibilities are endless.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You, sir, are the reason stupid things happen with firearms.

You are the one being ignorant, the firearm wasn't "pointed" at anything but grass (and his window). When the pistol is in the holster it's pointing at the ground. when you pull it it points at everything from the holster to the target.

I know the rule well and why it is a rule but you are just being retarded and taking it too far.

I don't like the pistol especially either and am partial to my Sig P226 but why is there a need to insult the guy and "HIS CHOICE" of pistols.

I don't think your quite the expert on firearms you pretend to be. Man when I'm walking through the woods hunting with my rifle I guess the don't point anything rule is broken a billion times.......

Grow up.

Sure a lot of haters on here.
edit on 25-7-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Make your Glock look like a gun for a Space Marine!!

www.armsunlimited.com...
edit on 25-7-2014 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Looks like a nice piece. I can't stand red dot sights (iron sight kind of guy), but I bets it helps with accuracy. But I do love the extended mag release.

Very nice!

In my experience RDS sucks on pistols and shotguns - much slower target acquisition. Perhaps it's just me though.

That's why I got the slide cut for iron sites as well as the red dot, so I can run suppressor height irons and co-witness them with the red dot (I didn't want to get them until I got this in because I wanted to make sure I needed the extra high sights). Just track the front sight and then when you acquire the red dot, use that.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Um...That one picture...Never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot? Ring a bell?

Remember that line from Black Hawk Down where Eric Bana is getting grilled for not having his safety on, and he pulls up his trigger finger and says; "We'll this is my safety, sir."? Well, so long as you're not retarded, the same thing basically applies here. Also, not only was the gun completely empty, there unfortunately is not a single bullet in this house (not my decision). I keep them somewhere else. So I think it's pretty safe to say nothing was getting shot.

Plus, who knows, maybe the grass was about to start some #. It's got enough weeds in it. Maybe I was trying to shoot my way to a weed free lawn? You never know. The possibilities are endless.

No sir, stupid people are the reason stupid things happen with firearms. I'm an experienced gun owner, and I could frankly give two sh!ts what you think about me pointing my unloaded Glock at my grass in my backyard. Nobody cares besides other trolls and people like you with sticks up their a**. Go cry somewhere else nerd.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

There was a Marine in my unit who thought his pistol was unloaded. He was twirling it in his barracks when he accidentally shot his testicles off.

It's people who have the attitude that guns are toys, and you should take pictures of them and show them off to your friends, and that it's just ok to point a gun out a window who needlessly injure or kill themselves or someone else.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

There was a Marine in my unit who thought his pistol was unloaded. He was twirling it in his barracks when he accidentally shot his testicles off.

Then that marine was retarded. Simple as that. Wouldn't be the first time. Why would you THINK a pistol was unloaded without checking it first?

And if all you're going to do is rant about how big the stick up you a** is, then save it. I honestly couldn't care less, as I'm already well aware of it's size.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

I have no problem with someone taking a pic of their weaponry and sharing it with others as long as they are using their head. That's not irresponsible. What's irresponsible is someone that isn't smart enough to MAKE SURE the weapon is unloaded before he spins it around and blows off his balls.

Sounds to me like your Marine buddy wasn't very smart and did not respect his weapon.
edit on 7/25/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The issue is that you pointed a pistol out a window for the sole purpose of taking a picture of it to show your friends. Weather or not the pistol was actually loaded is irrelevant. You broke the 1st and 2nd weapon safety rules by not assuming the weapon was loaded. And you did it for the sole purpose of showing off.

That is not responsible gun ownership, it is not the attitude the writers of the Constitution would want any gun owner to have.

It's the reason we have a culture of violence in this country. Guns aren't treated as tools anymore. They're treated as toys or extensions of the penis. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I take it back, the stick up your a** is A LOT bigger than I originally thought. Wow, I'm mean that thing is huge. How'd you even get it up there?

Also, 1: You're still retarded, and you're own made up rules of firearm handling I can easily twist against you, however there's another line from a movie I'd like to quote on you. It's from the Hangover, and it goes something like this; "You're literally too stupid to insult". Essentially meaning, you're one of those guys that no matter what I say, you never seem to comprehend reality. I'll try anyway though. The gun is always pointing somewhere, idiot. So unless you have your firearms locked up in a bulletproof safe 24/7 365 days a year, you're breaking your own rule.

And 2: Didn't I tell you to kick rocks?

Oh wait, I keep forgetting that half the people I meet have an IQ under 100. Sorry, that's just so baffling I sometimes forget how retarded the majority of people really are. And I have to take into account that I'm on the internet, and on a conspiracy forum no less, where people genuinely believe Stargates really exist and that we never landed on the moon, so it's probably quite a bit less than half actually, lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Pretty basic upgrades... Not bad though

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have a idea..
sell the cannon and buy camera instead, then you can shoot things without it dies..
Feeling safe and a big man with your little peashooter ? move to Denmark, we don´t walk around with guns and we are the happiest people on earth and we don't need guns to feel big and strong
edit on 25-7-2014 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
WOW..
I can see replacing the guide rod, that is a no brainer IMHO, but the rest is really not needed.
They say the average gun fight happens at around 21 feet, with practice one can be extremely fast and accurate with any stock pistol.
I think it looks silly.
Again, just my opinion.
But it is your toy and your cash, gratz on your new toy.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
WOW..
I can see replacing the guide rod, that is a no brainer IMHO, but the rest is really not needed.
They say the average gun fight happens at around 21 feet, with practice one can be extremely fast and accurate with any stock pistol.
I think it looks silly.
Again, just my opinion.
But it is your toy and your cash, gratz on your new toy.

I don't know about you, but I've never been in a gun fight. It's for the range, and I like to hit bulls-eyes. Note the avatar. So yes, it is a range toy, right up until the SHTF and then it becomes a very accurate backup weapon. You can check the signature for the main weapons (range toys) if you want, lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I have a idea..
sell the cannon and buy camera instead, then you can shoot things without it dies..
Feeling safe and a big man with your little peashooter ? move to Denmark, we don´t walk around with guns and we are the happiest people on earth and we don't need guns to feel big and strong

1: I have a camera, how else would I have uploaded pictures? lol (I know, you mean DSLR, and I have one of those as well).

2: Yes I am feeling safe with my 9mm firearm, which is most definitely not a "peashooter". I've got two .45's, three 5.56's, a .357 mag, and two .308's if that's not big enough for you. And you don't walk around with guns because your country has sh!tty gun laws, lol.

It also has a very high murder rate according to this article.

Harvard Study: Gun Control Is Counterproductive

I'll quote the best part for you.

Nations with stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those that do not. The study found that the nine European nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership (5,000 or fewer guns per 100,000 population) have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of the nine nations with the highest rates of gun ownership (at least 15,000 guns per 100,000 population).

For example, Norway has the highest rate of gun ownership in Western Europe, yet possesses the lowest murder rate. In contrast, Holland's murder rate is nearly the worst, despite having the lowest gun ownership rate in Western Europe. Sweden and Denmark are two more examples of nations with high murder rates but few guns. As the study's authors write in the report:

If the mantra "more guns equal more death and fewer guns equal less death" were true, broad cross-national comparisons should show that nations with higher gun ownership per capita consistently have more death. Nations with higher gun ownership rates, however, do not have higher murder or suicide rates than those with lower gun ownership. Indeed many high gun ownership nations have much lower murder rates. (p. 661)

Enjoy, lol.
edit on 25-7-2014 by TuEsIncredibiliterStultus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
are people really this stupid to say you are a irresponsible gun owner by pointing your pistol at the GROUND in your OWN backyard?

There is one simple rule to handling firearms and that is you NEVER pull the trigger unless you intend to shoot AND kill whatever your firearm is pointed at.

too many times have I seen people pull the trigger on a firearm "thinking" its not loaded.

if any of you have ever "accidently" shot off a round, please do the world a favor and NEVER touch a firearm EVER AGAIN.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

No sir, stupid people are the reason stupid things happen with firearms. I'm an experienced gun owner, and I could frankly give two sh!ts what you think about me pointing my unloaded Glock at my grass in my backyard. Nobody cares besides other trolls and people like you with sticks up their a**. Go cry somewhere else nerd.

No crying here - just pointing out that you shouldn't be pointing a pistol, loaded or otherwise, outside of a window in a residential area. Are you really too dense to see why not?

I'm plenty experienced and shoot often. This gun is a joke. "Tacticool" typically isn't something serious people chase after.

Am I really taking the rules too far? No, not at all. There is a HUGE %&*#ing difference between pointing a firearm at everything from holster/sling to target, and pointing a firearm out the window of your home in a residential area.

And I agree with ZeroReady - lots of people have learned the hard way that their firearm WAS in fact loaded. Don't treat it like a toy because it's not one. Have a little respect. If we want people to respect our rights to own and operate firearms we need to act like grownups.

For the record, I would totally expect someone who crapped all over their Glock to be the same kind of idiot who would point it out a window in a residential area in broad daylight and not understand why they are an idiot.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tempesillest
are people really this stupid to say you are a irresponsible gun owner by pointing your pistol at the GROUND in your OWN backyard?

There is one simple rule to handling firearms and that is you NEVER pull the trigger unless you intend to shoot AND kill whatever your firearm is pointed at.

too many times have I seen people pull the trigger on a firearm "thinking" its not loaded.

if any of you have ever "accidently" shot off a round, please do the world a favor and NEVER touch a firearm EVER AGAIN.

No, friend, there are THREE simple rules to safely and responsibly handle firearms.

training.nra.org...

Furthermore you should never point a firearm at something you don't intend to shoot - particularly if the neighbors might see you and flip out.

edit on 25-7-2014 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yeah, but I deal with stupidity like this on almost a day to day basis. I'm almost getting used to it now. Still depressing as hell, but on the bright side it makes me feel like a genius, lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yeah, but I deal with stupidity like this on almost a day to day basis. I'm almost getting used to it now. Still depressing as hell, but on the bright side it makes me feel like a genius, lol.

You definitely deal with stupidity on a day to day basis. Glad we agree on something. =]

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Also, 1: You're still retarded, and you're own made up rules of firearm handling I can easily twist against you, however there's another line from a movie I'd like to quote on you.

Not my made up rules bro. 4 years in the Marines and 2 foreign wars, speaking from a little experience. I'm not quoting from movies. You better watch the name calling.

www.tecom.marines.mil...

If you don't even have a passing knowledge of the most basic weapons handling rules you have no business owning a gun.

Having a gun in a holster does not, in any way, compare to pointing it out your window, especially when you're just showing off. It doesn't matter whether or not it's loaded, that's just plain irresponsible.
edit on 205America/ChicagoFri, 25 Jul 2014 20:22:34 -05002014Fri, 25 Jul 2014 20:22:34 -0500America/Chicagopm2514 by ZeroReady because: (no reason given)

edit on 205America/ChicagoFri, 25 Jul 2014 20:24:16 -05002014Fri, 25 Jul 2014 20:24:16 -0500America/Chicagopm2514 by ZeroReady because: sp

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join