It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 Palestinians surrender to IDF in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The operatives, who came out of hiding spots with their hands raised above their heads, were taken into Israeli custody for further questioning.

Source

Hamas giving up Pic

They are not so fanatical after all, as all can see here Hamas fighters surrendering.

Additionally, the army on Wednesday bombed Al-Wafa hospital in Gaza City, calling it “a Hamas military compound.” The IDF said there was a command-and-control center in the hospital, a lookout post used to monitor IDF forces, and several access shafts to a tunnel network beneath the hospital

Israel is winning, they are not going to stop if Hamas keeps rejecting cease fires.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

i dont see any swords or beheadings??

maybe it was propaganda,, Allan's SnackBar,,,,,,,and Grill.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Israel is winning

Yes, they're winning.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Holist1c

after all is said and done,, it still comes down to the FootSoldier,, the Grunts,,I see u have neglected too mention the most important part of ANY military.

We know the Israeli foot soldier count,, what is hamas footsoldier count,,,or are they too be considered civilians as well? and not real soldiers?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Israel is winning? Of they are, when do they ever lose?

Hamas always claims victory but we all know, and so do they, that they've never had a victory. Flights to Israel are canceled for 24 hours due to rocket fire. Hamas claims victory. I guess they'll take what they can get.

Either way, neither the Right Winged led Israel nor Hamas wants peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

after all is said and done,, it still comes down to the FootSoldier,, the Grunts,,I see u have neglected too mention the most important part of ANY military.

We know the Israeli foot soldier count,, what is hamas footsoldier count,,,or are they too be considered civilians as well? and not real soldiers?

Who knows? However, I'm sure that they will be wiped out with the same deadly accuracy that the 4 "terrorists" on the beach were, yes, those ones playing football.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

/ Supporting war crimes against civilians is uncool

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

and if indeed they did die for the cause,, as soldiers helpers,, will they be remembered, or forgotten,, like all the of the young blood spilt on the Land which was purchased, at the mill,,originally.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me,
it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck,
and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. "

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If this trend continues, the fall of Hamas would be the best thing to happen to the people in Gaza in the aftermath of this conflict.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The people who could get away with it have simply found a way to survive.
The safest place to be right now for them is the same exact spot "hamas" is firing "rockets" at, we know they NEVER kill anyone.
They may get raped, beaten, intimidated and imprisoned, but they will live to fight another day.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

and please cite the law international or otherwise that mandates that wars have to be fair? sure we have basic laws to prevent certain weapons and actions on the battlefield but i cant think of one that deals with the defender having to have the same capability as the aggressor.going back to the ww1/2 days i dont think even with the greif Germany got for its taking of land and territory from its enemies that led up to ww2 that any one every complained that they were being "unfair" by invading several nations who capabilities were dwarfed by their own sure he did lots of illegal shady stuff but i dont recall the complaints being based on what they used when they did it ,although ironically in ww1 they tried to ban the use of shotguns by Americans and even threatened to execute the troops in possession of such weapons the usa's response was to tell them to pound sand and they sent in more shotguns to play a small role helping clear the trenches of ww1.

TLDR war has never been and never will be fair its not supposed to be its frigging war,it is supposed to be brutal and horrible to discourage its frequency. and with one of the main tenants of war being peace through superior firepower i don't see that changing any time soon

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
So...Are you saying that the murder of women, children and old people is just OK?
Whether unfair or not, I have always looked upon that sort of thing as dishonorable at the very least.
I wish my country would not support the countries that do these things.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

and please cite the law international or otherwise that mandates that wars have to be fair? sure we have basic laws to prevent certain weapons and actions on the battlefield but i cant think of one that deals with the defender having to have the same capability as the aggressor.going back to the ww1/2 days i dont think even with the greif Germany got for its taking of land and territory from its enemies that led up to ww2 that any one every complained that they were being "unfair" by invading several nations who capabilities were dwarfed by their own sure he did lots of illegal shady stuff but i dont recall the complaints being based on what they used when they did it ,although ironically in ww1 they tried to ban the use of shotguns by Americans and even threatened to execute the troops in possession of such weapons the usa's response was to tell them to pound sand and they sent in more shotguns to play a small role helping clear the trenches of ww1.

I am sure the list would go on and on but for starters:

A war crime is a serious violation of the laws and customs of war (also known as international humanitarian law) giving rise to individual criminal responsibility. Examples of war crimes such as:[1]

murdering, mistreating, or deporting civilian residents of an occupied territory to slave labor camps
murdering or mistreating prisoners of war or civilian internees.

forcing protected persons to serve in the forces of a hostile power

killing hostages

killing or punishing spies or other persons convicted of war crimes without a fair trial

wantonly destroying cities, towns, villages, or any object not warranted by military necessity

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am a total supporter of the Palestinian cause.

And believe the have right on their side but HAMAS has to be the worst example of leadership in the history of the world.

They are a death cult.

Their leaders sit living high in some Arab capital as their people suffer because of their obstinacy, stupidity, and distorted view of Islam.

Of course they have to live outside of Gaza because the Israeli murderers would kill them.

I also think the Israeli government is a cynical, demonic force that really doesn’t want peace.

And that is why they are guilty as well as Hamas.

It is the Palestinian people who are the victims in this horrible slaughter.

I hope and pray they can first free themselves from their leadership, HAMAS, and then somehow get a homeland of their own

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

i didnt mention civilians once. i was responding to the image posted by another member implying that because the "Palestinians dont have f16s and tanks its not a war its a genocide comment" in some wars other sides have superior weapons that does not insure victory in of its self and does not equal genocide.

Italy learned this during ww2 when it was getting its butt handed to it by Ethiopia (until the Germans bailed them out) who at the time were armed comparatively between the Palestinians and Israeli forces (modern propeller aircraft and light tanks for Italy vs a few biplanes and hose Calvary and insurgent forces for Ethiopia

that is where my wars are not fair comment was aimed.

but any one who has studied human warfare and conflict knows that in all wars since the dawn of man there have been civilian causalities(now a days referred to as collateral damage),from the rape the women and enslave and sell survivors(ancient and middle ages) and tossing babies off city walls in antiquity to the firebombings of cities during ww2 to both gulf wars and any other war fought by nation states since the dawn of antiquity to the modern age.does not make it the right thing to do just an unfortunate complication of warfare that has been a part of our history since the first cave man picked up a rock/stick and smashed a foe

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hamas Prisoners more photos

Sporting blindfolds and blue clothing.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Hamas Prisoners more photos

Sporting blindfolds and blue clothing.

Hey, it looks like there's an ice cream stand in the background...perhaps they are offering nutty cones in exchange for their surrender.

Who wouldn't surrender for a nutty cone?
edit on 7/24/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Maybe Hamas should all hide there guns and everyone in Gaza put up there hand and walk out to surrender.

It would cause no end to problems for Israel dealing with 1.6 million people surrendering all at once.

And trying to tell who is who if no one carries ID and refuses to give there names.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

i didnt mention civilians once. i was responding to the image posted by another member implying that because the "Palestinians dont have f16s and tanks its not a war its a genocide comment" in some wars other sides have superior weapons that does not insure victory in of its self and does not equal genocide.

I also never mentioned anything on the fairness of war. I'm not naïve. The image simply stated some facts to back up and agree with the OP, that yes, Israel is winning.

Genocide? Are any of the following acts being carried out?

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
— Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article II

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
Good plan actually, then the israelis would have to care for them under the provisions of the Geneva convention as prisoners of war.
Imagine the financial and resource strain, not to mention logistics.
This plan could work, similar to the south border thing we have going on in the US.

new topics

top topics

join