It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
a reply to: fenson76

As far as I know the Scientologists know that they are still practicing Catholics. So I guess Xenu does not mind as long as he gets that paper lol.

I suppose it's only a matter of time, and money, until they find out that Scientologists worship Ron Hubbard's every word and believe that everything he said was holy scripture, even when his words and policies conflict.

They'll soon find out that LRon taught that he was the reincarnation of the Buddha and that Jesus Christ is an artificial archetypal implant designed to keep our being trapped on planet Earth.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

the trapped bit....was that before or after xenu bused an entire population from their home planet, to earth, in special space DC-9s, and killed them with a volcano?

lol, ALIEN GHOSTS IN MAH BRAIN!!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

HAHA!

The mythology goes, Xeno dumped all the undesirable "Thetens" (souls) in the volcano, and installed "Theta Traps" all over the place. Supposedly the moon IS a Theta Trap. Then Xeno activated the volcano with a nuclear bomb, in order to traumatize and confuse the Thetans. Then they were all hypnotized into submission by the Theta Traps.

LRon taught that Earth is a prison planet for criminals, artists and teachers that were convicted of sedition in Xeno's realm.

edit on 24-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

This is has a worse plot than Battlefield Earth!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I couldn't make myself watch that movie! LOL

I knew John Travolta. I was there, at Celebrity Center, when he came into the parking lot, celebrating with is "new" vintage Thunderbird, and announcing that he got the role in "Saturday Night Fever." He was in my Dianetic's class, and currently doing "Welcome Back Cotter".

He was a fun loving goofy kid that didn't take himself too seriously back then. Today, its a different story.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Scientology?
Hahahahahaha
I would've just laughed, like this- hahahah
And like this- HAHAHAHAHA
One more time- ha he ha ha he

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Oh hey windword, i love you btw

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

lol, the plot thickens...

jesus, that rube should have just stuck to writing s**tty books....

now his cult is like a magnet for dangerous mentally ill people....at least we know where a lot of them are...makes it easier when the time comes for mass arrests...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Just to clarify I am not a scientology defender or anything. I was just sharing my personal experience with family members who are scientologist.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexPlex
Oh hey windword, i love you btw

Ah...Back at ya!

Thanks, I needed that.

a reply to: karmicecstasy

Yes, I understand.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
Freaky bunch! I've seen a great documentary on them that exposes them for who they are. It wasn't biased, just actual footage on how they treat their 'past' members, and hidden footage on what it takes to join them.

Anyway, your OP made me laugh! I liked your tatics!

Freaky bunch, but I still like Tom Cruise movies lol :-D

Can I get the name of that doc? I knew these people were fishy but this thread just showed me a lot more than I expected haha

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: aguywhoknowsaguy

in addition to whatever that doc is, i would recommend a book entitled "a piece of blue sky" it's written by a former scientologist, and pretty throughly documents the history of hubbard, dianetics, and scientology...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Back around 1981 when I was about 12 or 13 I lived in Miami and we would pass these people on the street all the time. Everyone basically laughed at them. It's amazing that they have gained such massive power and influence since then. I guess the 80's really were fueled by drugs lol. I remember the commercials for the Dianetics book and thought it might be an interesting read. Sooooo glad I never went forward with that

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
Back around 1981 when I was about 12 or 13 I lived in Miami and we would pass these people on the street all the time. Everyone basically laughed at them. It's amazing that they have gained such massive power and influence since then.

i blame it on the alien ghosts in people's heads, making them stupid..

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: OpenEars123

Freaky bunch, but I still like Tom Cruise movies

It's kinda funny that one the moral directives of the Church is not to add to Earth's insanity by "interbulating" others, pushing their buttons and activating engrams and past life traumas, but Tom Cruise and John Travolta's movies almost always are designed to do just that!

Can you translate that into English for us non-Scientology speakers? For example, if anyone tried to "interbulate" me, I'm pretty sure they'd get one upside the head, but I can't know for certain... if they "Activated an engram", I'd probably have to pull a plug out of the wall socket, and if they "activated past life traumas", well, I can't be at all responsible for what happens to them during one of my flashbacks...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
a reply to: skunkape23

Did they charge you? I sometimes think they're deliberately trying to get people to rise and respond with violence so that they can go running off to the police.

There was a documentary once where they were doing that standing at the edge of somebodies property and staring at them 24/7 thing, and the ex-scientologist snapped, of course, anybody would. And turned the garden hose on them. And the miserable little sods sued the ex-sceintologist for ruining their video equipment with water.

Truly, a disgusting group of 'people'.

POW!

POW!

POWPOWPOWPOW!

"Say what officer? I don't know anything about any shots fired - must have been some stray deer hunters... the woods here are FULL of 'em! Those street-standing gawker folks oughtta be more careful around here... maybe if they wore some bright orange?"

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

HaHa, that made me laugh.

Think of it as deliberately taking advantage of a soldier, known to have PSTD, by invoking the phantoms in their head and encouraging them to believe their phantoms are a real and present danger.

edit on 28-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
I've never understood the whole Scientology thing. The founder openly admitted that he set out to invent a religion, and yet people still lap it up?

Hey no disrespect but He didn't openly admit that, just a rumor, (he could have said it but not openly technicall) he only made it a religion after he was accused his dianetics system was practicing medine without a license. I think people join because they get life tools out of it they find useful, like ,let religions or clubs. Also many were asking of a good scientology doc, bbcs documentaries on Scientology are amazing, very intense, do not paint the church nicely but give some real information into the churches harassment "fair game" policies. Pretty messed up. But the bbc docs are available on YouTube, I think the first in a great 2 part from not too long ago is called "Scientology and me" and a great bbc panorama doc from the 80s is called "the road to total freedom" that mostly focuses on the alienation the church causes in families and also on the actual workings of the church though I don't believe they're actually too informed on everything I'm this On this ome

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The HBO documentary "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief" will begin airing on HBO tonight at 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.

The BBC will be releasing another documentary on Scientology later this year.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrumanLCash
The HBO documentary "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief" will begin airing on HBO tonight at 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.

The BBC will be releasing another documentary on Scientology later this year.

Just watched this over the weekend. Scary, scary #.

So Tom Cruise is basically evil and Scientology is like the illuminati crossed with Amway. Great. Next time I see someone selling Dianetics I am crossing the street..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join