It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

I knew they were off but I never realized by how much until the HBO doc.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm generally pretty tolerant of other people's beliefs.
Scientologists can all go choke on my sweaty underwear.
Zero tolerance from this end.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah, Going Clear was pretty ballsy as the Scientologists are thugs... and litigious as heck, SO litigious they cowed the IRS.. .which is funny, in a way, but ultimately very, very bad since they are now a tax free "church" and amassing a whole lot of money.

Their whole set up is about "brainwashing" and follows the esoteric steps known by certain secret society/magician types for eons... isolation, a special language to make a family or close knit org, complete honesty from the indoctrinated so one's embarrassing life incidents may be used against them if they stray, a repetition of a ridiculous narrative and an us vs them mentality and viola'... obedient sheep with all us non Scientologists labeled as bad folks under the spell of the bad aliens and fighting to keep them from being "free."

These logic loops are a sure sign of a mind control effort... in fundy Christianity it's "if you laugh at our beliefs than it is a demon of mockery influencing you!" Not common effing sense!

Anyway, look at some videos of L.Ron Hubbard and see if he doesn't strike you as a sleazy, creepy as heck psychotic. How anyone could convince themselves he's the way a human should be amazes me... his smile gives me nightmares... like a pedo clown zombie.

Anyway, I know very smart folks who dabbled in the esoteric and kidded about how easy it would be to grow a cult... one even did it as a teen and got a few followers, before he grew up and realized it wasn't "funny."

People are very easily led using the above techniques... it's a science...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

I knew they were off but I never realized by how much until the HBO doc.

Well yeah, exactly.

I always thought they were a crazy (though basically harmless) bunch of people. I didn't know about the Nuremburg-style rallies, brainwashing, government infiltration, surveillance, coercion and a general code of conduct which would make Hitler's own gestapo pause and say "Hey, do you think we should?"

They give new definition to crazy, but it's not just that, these people are dangerous in the extreme. They should be taxed, taxed now and made to shut down. Burn it with fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join