It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
About 45 years ago I took some Scientology classes. I got what I wanted out of them, and was done with it, and my overbearing husband, so I moved to Maui, where there isn't any Scientology org.

A few years ago, after 27 years, I moved to San Diego and "they" finally tracked me down. A well dressed young man showed up at my door, asking to take back my Scientology books, because they had been revised, and they didn't want any "old tech" out there. I politely explained that I didn't have any books any more, and that I wasn't interested in buying any "new tech". It took about 20 minutes to get that through to him.

I didn't hear from them again until about 18 months ago. A woman called me asking for my address. Well, I thought they already had that, and I don't want any more surprise visits from Scientologists, so I politely declined and said good-by. She called back 9 times that day, leaving nasty messages and accuasations on my phone.

Since then, I get a call about once a week, from their Chaplin's Office, harassing me about Scientology and nothing shuts them up and they won't take no for an answer, so I usually just hang up on them.

Then, they started sending me a bill for $58, every month. I'm like WTF? I don't owe these people money, even 45 years ago, you couldn't start a Scientology course without paying up in full! They also send me letters asking "Why did you hang up on me", and "What's your problem", and "We know about your costume shop!" WTH?!

Yesterday, I got another call, and I got a bright idea. When the young lady started to ask me about my Scientology gains and losses, that are preventing me from returning, I said to her:

"I know that you're probably calling me because you know that I can get messages out to the outside world. I know how Scientology is and how they trap young girls like you. If you need me to get a message out to your loved ones, or friends that they won't let you see or talk to, if you need a way to escape, I can help you."

I just kept repeating that message in various ways. HAHA! That did the trick! She hung up on me!

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Try this as well, say from the very beginning, ' I must inform you that this conversation is being recorded, I understand you may not wish to continue the conversation.' If they ask why, then say, I feel I am being harassed and my lawyer has asked me to collect evidence. See how long it continues.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

That's a good one too!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A friend of mine joined the same church and was a member for about three years before he left, according to him, they would treat people like crap, making them feel like they weren't worth spit, he left without returning anything that they claimed belonged to them mainly the books and some apparatus thing i've forgotten what its called now. anyway, they showed up at his flat (apartment) and asked for them to be returned, he said (like you) that he no longer had them, that they were thrown out when he left the church.

He said they said 'Okay' and left but returned every day for three weeks close but after the first week didn't knock. they just openly stood outside on the pavement (sidewalk) looking up at their house that lasted two weeks before my friend James, got a restraining order, he tried to get it against the church but couldn't so had to get it against the few people that were showing up.

anyway long story short, he started to get the same phone calls and letters, he got fed up and was prepared to move away but then James' (my friends) grandfather told him to do something that after a while, sorted it - James granddaughter said 'When they next ring your house answer the call, and repeat every single word they say no matter what it is but record the phone call, in case they use it against you in court or something and every letter they send you, copy the letter in your own hand writing and send your hand written one to them but keep a photocopy of it and of their original letter.'

So he did this for about a week and was started to get annoyed with it but then the last phone call he got, James decided to do one better and I dont know how but he did this trick with the phone, so that when the person calls all they get is their own voice back repeating what they say. he told me that after he did that he never got called again.

So that's the only way he got away from them, he just copied their letters in his own hand writing and sent it back and just repeated their side of a phone conversation and sooner than later they bogged off and left him alone. he is happy now living with his wife and daughter and sold his scientology books to a university that was studying cults or something about cults.

Anyway, hope that helps and sorry its a bit of a ramble, its twenty past twelve and I've been up since half four this morning my eyes are barely open.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

They are a strange bunch of people, that's for sure. It cracks me up that they come knocking after all this time. It's almost as if they come from another planet or something!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Danny85

Yeah, Thanks for that advice!

Someone also suggested that I send all their mail back to them in one their own return envelopes.

a reply to: Sublimecraft

That's too funny! LOL
edit on 22-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Certainly not a nice bunch, have seen a lot of cases of this
being followed,yelled at in the street,phone calls,character assassination,Threats,legal action all the tricks in the book.

Would stay well clear, large sums of money for supposed truth is always a massive alarm bell.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Freaky bunch! I've seen a great documentary on them that exposes them for who they are. It wasn't biased, just actual footage on how they treat their 'past' members, and hidden footage on what it takes to join them.

Anyway, your OP made me laugh! I liked your tatics!

Freaky bunch, but I still like Tom Cruise movies lol :-D

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

Freaky bunch, but I still like Tom Cruise movies

It's kinda funny that one the moral directives of the Church is not to add to Earth's insanity by "interbulating" others, pushing their buttons and activating engrams and past life traumas, but Tom Cruise and John Travolta's movies almost always are designed to do just that!

edit on 22-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
Freaky bunch! I've seen a great documentary on them that exposes them for who they are. It wasn't biased, just actual footage on how they treat their 'past' members, and hidden footage on what it takes to join them.

Anyway, your OP made me laugh! I liked your tatics!

Freaky bunch, but I still like Tom Cruise movies lol :-D

I would love to see this documentary if you can recall the name. Scientology puzzles me in many ways. I do not know a whole lot about it, but I have heard a lot about it. None of it good.

OP - That is weird. I have heard similar tales and can only wonder why folks continue to fraternize with their organization. Maybe many do not know the tales that are told, I've no clue. It seems like you may have set them straight. I hope so, as the things I have heard are not very nice. They seem very "persistent" in most every story I've read. Not a "God saves" presistent... More like a "cement shoes" persistent. A whole other level all together.

I think your idea was brilliant. Nobody is going to want to keep talking to you if you speak as if you are trying to help them leave the church. That would scare the daylights out of them. I think it was probably the best thing you could have done. If they called again, I would do the same thing. After one or two, your problem will probably cease forever. If they haven't already.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I can say for sure that if my second no thanks didn't get through there would be a lot less Scientologists in the world.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It sucks that you went through that. That is insane that they would do that. The police could not do anything?

I have a cousin who along with her husband and kids is Scientologist. I have not noticed anything different about them. There kids are the smartest most polite kids I have ever met. They are even still practicing Catholics and are very involved in both the Catholic church and Scientology. They have never pushed there beliefs on me. If they ever decide to leave I hope they do not have to go through this.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
A weird cu... er, church.

Old L. Ron is a character...plenty of flim-flam and real majik and sci-fi shenanigans... read about him and Jack Parsons, the founder of JPL for some fun. His invented "religion" that has just enough "truth" in it to suck one in and milk them dry financially.

However, whatever "truth" they have can be found for FREE in any number of easily accessed esoteric books.

Nobody, no matter how smart, worldly or cynical is totally resistant to programming... by hypnosis, "brain washing" and/or habituation through repetition.

That is the primary truth they know and employ. They are really a flavor of black magicians hiding a money making thugocracy behind the tax shelter of a church.

Yuch to them.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

There kids are the smartest most polite kids I have ever met.

Scientology has some very useful tools to help organize your thinking and plan a path to achieve your goals. But, their need for money and the methods they use to get it, is where they can mess with your mind.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Having been a student of cults and crackpotisms for decades, I know a thing or two about crazy isms.
Take my word for it, ''scientology'' as the cult Hubbard started likes to call itself, is about the most idiotic cult I am aware of. Extraordinarily weird. Utterly false. Go to xenu.com--or is it 'net'? for info about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I would love to see this documentary if you can recall the name. Scientology puzzles me in many ways. I do not know a whole lot about it, but I have heard a lot about it. None of it good.

There are tons of documentaries on them and there many more video clips of former members who have spoken up about their experiences.

This guy Mark Bunker has done a great job of documenting much of it and has partnered with several former high ranking officials from them. Here is is web site...Xenu TV

I had my run in with them before when a friend was trying to break away from them. I let him stay at my ranch for over a month and they found out. They would actually go through my trash after I took it to the curve. They only stopped hanging around my property after a sheriffs deputy friend of mine helped me set up a shotgun target range on my property. I think they got the hint after that. Anyway my buddy wound up moving out of the country because of them.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

There are tons of documentaries on them and there many more video clips of former members who have spoken up about their experiences.

This guy Mark Bunker has done a great job of documenting much of it and has partnered with several former high ranking officials from them. Here is is web site...Xenu TV

I had my run in with them before when a friend was trying to break away from them. I let him stay at my ranch for over a month and they found out. They would actually go through my trash after I took it to the curve. They only stopped hanging around my property after a sheriffs deputy friend of mine helped me set up a shotgun target range on my property. I think they got the hint after that. Anyway my buddy wound up moving out of the country because of them.

Thanks for the link Grim. I have watched several things about them but it always seems to be all bad. I was just wondering if it is all bad or if it's both and I just see the people who don't have anything good to say about it. You know what I mean? I didn't really want to make a decision on good/bad if I was missing information. I'll be checking out the link more in depth tonight. Scientology fascinates me because it seems to be such a polarizing subject. It's more than a bit scary that someon has to leave the country to get away from members...

That says a lot.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

There obviously has to be an appeal to what they are saying or they have really gotten the brainwashing thing down pat. I think it is a little of the first and a lot of the second. My opinion of the group is they are dangerous to the country and a persons psyche. I think they are the only group which has successfully infiltrated the FBI and that has been documented. L. Ron's wife did time for it but he managed to stay out of prison by distancing himself and he also stayed out of the country.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've never understood the whole Scientology thing. The founder openly admitted that he set out to invent a religion, and yet people still lap it up?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'd just tell them trespassers will be shot.

Survivors will be shot again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join