It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Su-25 warplane detected heading toward Malaysian Boeing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

“Records show that the Ukrainian Air Force plane ascended to the distance of 3-5 km from the Malaysian Boeing,” he said. “The Su-25 can fly at altitudes of up to 10 km. It is armed with P-60 air-to-air missiles that can hit targets at a distance of up to 12 km and reliably within 5 km.”

source

Наличие американского спутника в районе катастрофы

Картаполов также сообщил о том, что 17 июля с 17.06 мск по 17.21 мск над юго-восточными районами Украины пролетал американский экспериментальный аппарат, предназначенный для обнаружения ракетных пусков.

Время катастрофы Boeing и время наблюдения спутником США за территорией Украины совпадают, указал генерал-лейтенант.

source

Translation

An American satellite in the accident

Kartapolov also reported that 17 July with ICN ICN 17.21 17.06 on the South-Eastern regions of Ukraine flew American experimental apparatus designed to detect missile launches.

The time of the accident, Boeing and United States satellite observations over the territory of Ukraine are the same, said Lieutenant General.

I know for some of the Russian Haters this is nothing more than propaganda and you will argue to your last breath that Russia or the Rebels are responsible. For the objective others....Russia's evidence looks a lot better than our evidence. Or should I say Russia actually has evidence. It could be fake....I doubt it is. If it is fake they did a better job than that phone conversation. Either way...I didn't see this up yet so thought I'd post it.

ETA

Russian monitoring systems recorded up to 4 Ukrainian Buk M1 air defense systems in the crash area on the day of the accident. The point where the plane was at the time of the accident was within the Buk system’s coverage sector.

source
edit on 21-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

Certainly a more feasible culprit than some drunk hicks attempting use of skilled machinery aiming for 6 miles high.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch
I felt inclined to make a similar thread but I'm glad I didn't. But, I can add a little to yours. The following link is from a Dutch newspaper. Forget the foreign language text, scroll down to see the Reuters tweets which are clickable. Russia denies, about expletive time cos all this propaganda is making me crazy.

S n F for the thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yeah there's going to be some serious blowback on somebody for this. I basically said this exact scenario happened in the very first thread once or twice but I got tired of arguing with people who had no evidence about Russia doing it. I can't wait to see the lies someone comes up with to cover for this.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
not sure which thread came first so, my post in the other thread:

Russia offered a complete rebuttal to the official story in a news conference posted on RT and available on Youtube. They actually present evidence than conjecture.....imagine that. They bring up the SU-25's in this also. have a looksie:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I found the links to the real articles at a questionable source. There were satellite images there as well but I can't verify the source as coming from the articles yet so I haven't posted them. Don't feel like arguing with people about the authenticity of pictures when I honestly am not sure of them myself. They look good though. eta upon watching the video above this post they are indeed the same pictures.
edit on 21-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Russia publishes video of radar of the event: 7mins 02sec long.

video of event on radar

I'm sure it'll be posted on ytube soon.

Remember, Ukraine has publicly stated that they had NO military aircraft in the area. . .

edit on 21-7-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: add info

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

“Records show that the Ukrainian Air Force plane ascended to the distance of 3-5 km from the Malaysian Boeing,” he said. “The Su-25 can fly at altitudes of up to 10 km. It is armed with P-60 air-to-air missiles that can hit targets at a distance of up to 12 km and reliably within 5 km.”

source

Наличие американского спутника в районе катастрофы

Картаполов также сообщил о том, что 17 июля с 17.06 мск по 17.21 мск над юго-восточными районами Украины пролетал американский экспериментальный аппарат, предназначенный для обнаружения ракетных пусков.

Время катастрофы Boeing и время наблюдения спутником США за территорией Украины совпадают, указал генерал-лейтенант.

source

Translation

An American satellite in the accident

Kartapolov also reported that 17 July with ICN ICN 17.21 17.06 on the South-Eastern regions of Ukraine flew American experimental apparatus designed to detect missile launches.

The time of the accident, Boeing and United States satellite observations over the territory of Ukraine are the same, said Lieutenant General.

I know for some of the Russian Haters this is nothing more than propaganda and you will argue to your last breath that Russia or the Rebels are responsible. For the objective others....Russia's evidence looks a lot better than our evidence. Or should I say Russia actually has evidence. It could be fake....I doubt it is. If it is fake they did a better job than that phone conversation. Either way...I didn't see this up yet so thought I'd post it.

Well, where should I start? A Su 25 has a ceiling of 22000 ft and a top speed of 600 mph, OK. Explain to me how it could catch an airplane flying at 33000ft and flying at about the same speed as the Su 25 top speed. The Su 25 would have to take off and climb to it's ceiling altitude and accellerate to it's top speed. After this happens the 777 would be to far gone for an intercept but remember the Su25 is a ground attack airplane not an interceptor. No politics just physics.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I can't wait to see the lies someone comes up with to cover for this.

I have seen nothing clever from the US or UA, but then again, it doesn't need to be, does it?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

The SU can reach 10km, or 32.8 thousand feet...
MH17 was at 33k feet and told to reduce by 600 metres...

Not politics, just physics!!!

Peace everybody!!!
edit on 21-7-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: 600 Metres not Feet!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So we can see a fighter plane and according to that nutjob from america they also know 100% a missile were fired but they could not see or find a passenger plane? Yeah and i supposed to believe that.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Not according to its official specifications it can't. The one that can reach that high is the Su-39, which is an upgraded version of the -25, but was never built in any numbers, or at last hasn't been yet.
edit on 7/21/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: buddah6

The SU can reach 10km, or 32.8 thousand feet...
MH17 was at 33k feet and told to reduce by 600 metres...

Not politics, just physics!!!

Peace everybody!!!

What's your speed at take off? The 777 is doing 10 miles a minute at 33000 ft. The Froggy doesn't climb at 600 mph let along to 22 or 33000 ft. If you consider the Su 25 was climbing at 450 mph the 777 would be pulling away at nearly 3 miles a minute. If it's descending by 600 meters, they wouldn't be slowing down to do so.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yep!

Even this lady said, I think the day of the plane crash, that Ukrainian military craft were hiding behind commerical aircraft.

LISTEN @ 1:05

(place on Closed Caption English)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This matches a news report I saw 10 minutes ago where a Ukrainian civilian claims to have heard shots fired in the air prior to two explosions. Would you hear gunshots from 32000 ft?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

That is impressive. With my glasses on I have 20/5 vision (I love my optometrist), and I have trouble seeing fighters flying at lower altitudes, or even finding them when I hear them. That she could see them at that altitude is impressive. I doubt they're cargo planes, as they would be noticed if they were too close.
edit on 7/21/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Found this with some more info.

“An altitude gain was detected for a Ukrainian combat jet, supposedly a Su-25, flying at a distance of 3-5 kilometers [1.8-3.1 miles] from the Boeing,” Lt. Gen. Andrei Kartapolov, the head of the Main Operations Directorate of the HQ of Russia’s military forces, told a media conference in Moscow.

“We would like Kiev to explain why a combat jet was flying almost at the same altitude and the same time with a passenger plane along the route dedicated for civilian air traffic,” the general underlined.

en.ria.ru...

It says supposedly an Su-25 and the Russian general seems to think it was almost as high. An Su-25 could shoot IR air to air missiles at a 777 at 34,000ft doing Mach 0.85 or whatever, it would not be easy and there would only be a small window but it's possible.
edit on 21-7-2014 by JimTSpock because: forgot link

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CALGARIAN

Yep!

Even this lady said, I think the day of the plane crash, that Ukrainian military craft were hiding behind commerical aircraft.

LISTEN @ 1:05

(place on Closed Caption English)

Wow that was a pretty detailed account. Specifically: "the fighter hid behind the passenger plane, lowered altitude and dropped bombs to instigate retaliation on the passenger plane." (paraphrasing)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Not according to its official specifications it can't. The one that can reach that high is the Su-39, which is an upgraded version of the -25, but was never built in any numbers, or at last hasn't been yet.

Im more inclined to believe the people who built the plane. They said it can rise briefly to 10,000 meters. They never said the plane was designed to be flown at that altitude. I would imagine the ceiling the specifications give leave a little wiggle room. How much of a gap do they need to close for a missile to work?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Seriously?

Just an honest question here. Do you really think that's a militia soldier?

She doesn't look anything at all like the others at the crash scene for some reason..............

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join