It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Israel using white phosphorus again???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

I know this link should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's worth researching.

Latest reports say Israeli aerial and ground forces are using white phosphorus bombs to pound several residential areas across the besieged Gaza Strip.

The lethal bombs violate all international conventions and are considered as banned weapons in civilian areas.

This comes as a Norwegian doctor in the besieged coastal enclave has recently criticized Israel for using cancer-inducing bombs against Palestinian civilians.

If this was any other country in the world, they'd be condemned.

www.middleeastmonitor.com...

daily.bhaskar.com...
edit on 21-7-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Is Israel using...

PressTV, Iran's PressTV, shouldn't be taken seriously at all when it comes to Israel.

But you never know if Israel is up to its old tricks so I'd look for a better source. The other sources are better, I guess, but I'd keep looking.
edit on 21-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

This is just as bad.

Israel using flechette dart weapons in Gaza, says human rights organisation

The Israeli military is believed to be using flechette shells, which spray out thousands of tiny and potentially lethal metal darts, in its military operation in Gaza.

Six flechette shells were fired towards the village of Khuzaa, east of Khan Younis, last Thursday, according to the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights.

A woman, Nahla Khalil Najjar, 37, suffered chest injuries, it said, and the PCHR provided a picture of flechettes taken by a field worker last week.

Related links,

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Oh Indeed, that's why I kept it as a question not a statement. However it wouldn't surprise me, with their history.

I'll keep you posted if I find anything else.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Doctors at Shifa Hospital, have no reports of WP, but have had 'unknown toxic' smoke cases and suspect sulpher.
Israel is however using DIME bombs and using internationally banned flechette shells.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's an unfounded accusation. It has as much validity as a headline that says " Is Israel using powerful rays from the Ark of the Covenant to destroy innocent Palestinians?"

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Since when does it matter? The U.S. used armament tipped with depleted uranium in Iraq and who knows where else, guess Israel are just learning from their friends. And as I previously mentioned, they're blowing up Palestinian ambulances.

Oh, and does anyone know a bit more about the drones they're using, because I've noticed they're quite noisey, is that like psychological warfare, you know like those Stuka dive-bombers equipped with the sirens that went off as they dived? Just curious.
edit on 21-7-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here is an Egyptian source saying they have been using WP again.
Israel drops phosphorus bombs on Palestinians: sources

CAIRO: The Israeli army attacked Gaza Strip on Monday morning and witnesses reported seeing white smoke, believed to be caused by phosphorus bombs. Doctors claimed receiving “charred bodies,” Al-Quds news website reported Monday.

As sick as it may seem as long as Israel claims they were using it for illumination or as a smoke screen then it's not against international law.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard funny what a lot of gas under your country do to america and the world.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It seems if you belong to the american terrorist group you can do what you please. They conveniently forget they aint gonna stay so untouchable as they think they are. What goes around come around. a reply to: Zcustosmorum

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
It's an unfounded accusation. It has as much validity as a headline that says " Is Israel using powerful rays from the Ark of the Covenant to destroy innocent Palestinians?"

No it isn't.

History has evidence of Israel using WP on civilians populations.

You need to do some research before discrediting these things.

Israel HAVE used WP before, hence me asking if they're using it again based on various incoming details.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Al Jazeera reported that there were reports of White Phosphorous being used.

Gaza health ministry tells Al Jazeera that white phosphorous is being used by Israeli army in eastern Gaza.

Al Jazeera cannot confirm this report.

International law permits the use of white phopshorus as an "obscurant" to cover troop movements and prevent enemies from using certain guided weapons, but its use is controversial as it can injure people through painful chemical burns.

live.aljazeera.com...

Here are alleged images from the recent reports:

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 21-7-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

As soon as it kills civilians/militants it becomes a chemical weapon.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
WP was used by us in Desert Storm I carried these and HE only in my vest .Flechettes were used in Vietnam including tank shells to clear forested areas. Probably,these were surplus 40mm rounds for an M203 type system.
edit on 21-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: Forgot to mention...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

As soon as it kills civilians/militants it becomes a chemical weapon.

Not as long as Israel is claiming it is being used to cover their troops. But here's is the part about using it as a smokescreen that nobody questions. It would hurt the people you are trying to cover just as bad as the people they are being sent in to kill. Of course Israel uses it as a weapon but they know what to say so it doesn't break international law.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well 3 sources - probably safe to say the bastards are at it again. As well as the banned Flechette rounds.

Israel truly is one sick bastard of a nation. If America had ole Ben in charge you can bet your ass we would have turned the entire Middle East into a parking lot by now - save Israel of course.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So causalities of its use will be considered collateral damage because as long as Israel says it's use is not weaponized it'll be okay? Another fine example of Israel extremely dangerous tools against the Palestinians.

Yeah I'm not surprised to hear that. The UN will always have Israels back.

Meanwhile, those tiny darts....

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If one side break the laws and rules then i guess the other side can too. How difficult can it be to buy some cw or bw even a bit of a dirty bomb.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm no defender of Israeli war-crimes and know that they have used WP in the past, but could this particular incident be flares?

An Israeli Apache helicopter fires flares above Israel near the border with northern Gaza July 20, 2014.
REUTERS/Baz Ratner

www.reuters.com...=12

I'm not trying to "debunk" the OP but I came across this while looking for definitive proof in regards to WP use in this current conflict.

Military hardware is not my specialty so hopefully someone can help clarify what we're looking at in the OP and if it could be the flares that I just presented.

Whether or not WP is being used the situation is out of control and the massacre needs to stop. I just watched a video of an IDF sniper kill a wounded man. He was helping a group of people on his way to find his family when he got shot, then the video shows him lying there dying only to get shot again...no words to explain how I feel right now.

ETA:

If you compare the image I provided with the pictures in this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It certainly appears to be flares in my opinion versus WP.

My opinion is not being presented as fact though.
edit on 7/21/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Well, that was a stupid thing to post.

Israel HAS in fact used white phosphorous in the past so unless I missed a verified use of the Ark of the Covenant (which given other similarities with Nazi's I wouldn't be too shocked) then you are shilling.

edit on 21-7-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Israel has in the past and is using Phosphorous and Flechette bombs.

So, no matter what your taken on the conflict is or who's at fault, how can we condone this? This isn't a pin point strike on a missle launch site.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join