It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arguing for the sake of arguing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
She used to be so argumentive that if there was nothing current to argue about, she would bring up something several years old, just for a topic to argue!! Drove me nuts! She is much better now as I had told her, "if ya want to argue, go to the mirror, because I won't waste time on that anymore"... It worked, for the most part...... Syx.

Sage advice. I had a G/F that was like that at one point. She would bring up something that I did several years after the fact, that I thought was resolved. I ended up leaving her. To much drama, even though I did still love her. I healed over time, and now the way I see it is she is some other guys problem.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
people like to argue
it gets the juices flowing
and reminds 'em they're alive

Precisely....

In my minds eye I see the most argumentative ones, as fat, lonely and sick in both body and spirit.
They elicit in me, more of a sense of pity than anger and if you can read between the lines; you can understand their pain and why they express themselves the way the do.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

It's taken me some time to realize that I don't have to defend every point I make here on ATS (extends to the real world).

I provide my opinion.

People may disagree with my opinion. That's okay. They are welcome to their opinions as well.

But this constant back-and-forth can get onerous at times.

I've tried to become a more mature poster here and just let things slide.

It's all good.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

S&F for you. You make an excellent point. A bunch of keyboard commandos who have nothing better to do than criticize others. Kind of pathetic. I got called a drone in some thread where I had expressed my opinion.

I'm flabbergasted that these people who do this think they're so brave and cool, when they are actually idiots.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for expressing how you feel which is the same way I do it seems. There has been only one person who disagreed with what I said, Most likely he is one of the ones I am talking about.

I was getting the impression that EVERYONE on ATS was like that but thanks to you guy I am seeing no everyone is like that. There are some sensible people on here.

I guess it's like the real world the loud squeaky wheel gets the most attention.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Oh, one question.

What are stars and flags?

I notice people talking about them like they are gold or something and I seem to have gotten one or two.

Never cared or even knew what they were or what they are for...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Oh, one question.

What are stars and flags?

That's because we love you!!!

Seriously tho, for me, I 'star' when I agree with someone or if they provide a strong answer when it's a controversial topic out of respect

A 'flag' for a good thread or an interesting topic even if it may not get a lot of attention

You mean to tell me as long as you've been a member here, you never really noticed them until now???
Wow, I'm impressed

And yes, I 'starred' you for that!!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I have been here for a little over 8 years, I have noticed people talking about them and got the jest of what they were but wasn't sure.

Gaining acceptance of others isn't why I came here and rewards(?) for posts don't matter to me. I couldn't have told you before 2 minutes ago how many I had (just saw it under my avatar...lol)

Maybe some people are here to earn instead or learn? makes no sense to me.

I came to learn others perspectives and offer my humble opinion on certain subjects.

So it appears that I have little over 3,000 stars....does that and $5 get me a happy meal at McDonalds????

edit on 20-7-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So it appears that I have little over 3,000 stars....does that and $5 get me a happy meal at McDonalds????

Plus 2 apple pies....LOL

I understand what you are saying, truly

The only reason when I 'star' is to let that poster know that their comment either made me laugh or think, depending on topic at hand, not so much a reward system but more as a 'thanks'
Or a reply sent to me, I will 'star' to let them know I received their comment, being as I don't always respond back, just out of courtesy

Me personally, I'm like you, I don't care one way or the other

Many times I only read, never comment and there are several posters here that have a great way of explaining things without offending anyone, and those, I always 'star' out of respect
Their thought process/wording is amazing!!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I understand your point. Just yesterday I suggested that an ancient rock painting found in India, where the people depicted in it had very large heads, possibly could have been Indians wearing turbans, and not Aliens.

Well to my surprise some bored reject replied and accused me of insulting and stereotyping people from India. LMAO!

Apparently I think all Indians wear turbans. You really can't fix stupid. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join