It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Show's Jon Stewart Brilliantly Covers The 'Asymmetrical' Conflict In Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Since it's the Daily Show, any clips will be pulled from YouTube almost immediately for copy right violations so you're gonna have to click the link below to watch the video.

Click For Good Time (Be warned once the clip is over it will automatically play another Daily Show clip, which I find loud and annoying.)

Jon puts in perspective of what it's like to receive a warning from the IDF as a Palestinian living in Gaza. He makes ya think and laugh. This is why I love this show & I especially loved the ending of this clip.

Link To Full Episode

Jon Stewart Enrages Right Winger, First Over Gaza, Then It Gets Personal

edit on 18-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Both the 'Daily Show' and 'Colbert Report' have been putting things into perspective for a minute now. I tend to agree more with more with Colbert, although Stewart is usually right as well.

Maybe folks might think,"ahh, it's on 'Comedy Central', it's just for laughs." Or it may be part of an agenda. Usually is.

I still keep the idea in my mind: "No one can be trusted."

EDIT: Ok so now you've embedded the video, and I've watched it. My conclusion is,

Comedy Central = propaganda
Your OP video as well = propaganda
99% of videos i see = propaganda

No one can be trusted. Fare well.
edit on 18-7-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

What the? While I agree with your pre-edit post I find your post edits confuse me. All these videos are propaganda? Please elaborate.

The video I embedded was a reaction video to Stewart's remarks.

You are right and I totally agree everyone has an agenda and an opinion but by your logic then everything is propaganda, no?
edit on 18-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Both the 'Daily Show' and 'Colbert Report' have been putting things into perspective for a minute now.

I'm not a regular viewer of either program, but I certainly pay attention when a member throws up a post like the OP.

Have to agree with you ... all of them have an agenda.

Personal to Swills: Nicely done. S&F

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Levin may want to watch it when it comes to Jon Stewart because intellectually Stewart will chew him up and spit him out. Levin really doesn't know much about show business because look at how many people change their names when they go into show business it's commonplace.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

What the? While I agree with your pre-edit post I find your post edits confuse me. All these videos are propaganda? Please elaborate.

The video I embedded was a reaction video to Stewart's remarks.

You are right and I totally agree everyone has an agenda and an opinion but by your logic then everything is propaganda, no?

I do respect you Swills. As someone who has been on ATS for a few years, you don't think every Main Stream Media outlet is propagating something? Is that bad logic?

All that's happening, yes I think 99% propaganda.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Down with Stewart put on Oliver. My point being Stewart is a one faceted pompous ass.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words. For sure there's propaganda out there, to find it just look to any MSM outlet. That said, the Daily Show & TYT's have their agenda's (who doesn't) but I wouldn't put them in the same category as MSNBC, BBC, Fox, RT news, and so on or label them as propaganda.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
Down with Stewart put on Oliver.

Ha. Not a bad idea. He'll just be another turd in the punchbowl, as they say...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You're absolutely right my friend. The thing is, (to me) no one can be trusted, times ten especially on TV. But if you're going to watch main stream news, watch Stewart or Colbert.

Offtopic: Shiiitt. the way things are going..... see ya'll in 'heaven'.
edit on 18-7-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

He tries very hard but the punchbowl denies him.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I agree and that's a healthy thing, especially when it comes to media but don't let the not trusting anyone issues become... well an issue. You don't have to live it, love it, or learn it, just watch it and think about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

I enjoy Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Both are great at what they do.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
No matter which channel you watch or who you love as a comedian, newscaster, or commentator they are all biased for one side or the other.

Everyone is divided on this issue and everybody is biased if you think one side is wrong and one is right.

I personally thing they both are in the wrong and they are both right....to some extent.

Like I said in another thread, I don't care. Don't care who did what or who kills who.

Am sick of all the fighting over there in the whole region and hope they just kill each other off.

So seeing as I don't fall on one side or the other I am about the only unbiased one here.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Good. They're asymmetrical. Hopefully this will all be over soon. But, I doubt it, since the Muslims want to ride this "death to the infidels" regime out into eternity. Or, at least, until they succeed.

Am I going to sleep? I'm counting a lot of sheep.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

No, I think you're just like everyone else here. Do you really think those who are Pro this or Pro that really want to see all this war? Only truly sick people enjoy seeing others die, but that is all very obvious.

Do you think Jon is on a side here? He falls in the category above, the humanitarian, you know, the people who don't want war. That's their side and I'm on it but guess what? So are you!

edit on 19-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Levin may want to watch it when it comes to Jon Stewart because intellectually Stewart will chew him up and spit him out. Levin really doesn't know much about show business because look at how many people change their names when they go into show business it's commonplace.

Levin might get chewed up and spit out based on Stewart's ability to make fun of someone through comedy, but he could hardly be the intellect over Levin. You might want to consider comparing educations, political involvement, and at least acknowledge the fact he was qualified to be chief of staff to an AG. Worked as an advisor during the Reagan administration.

Stewart is a great comedian, but Levin has great legal mind, one is witty while the other is steeped in constitutional law. Hardly a comparison. Just trying to reduce the propaganda. Buster I consider you a pretty smart guy, we don't agree on most things political , but I am surprised you missed this.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

They both are intelligent men. Almost sounds like you're painting Jon as the class clown who is funny but not much else.

Levin is a smart guy and a hard worker, completing each high school, college (BA in political science) and law school in 3 years getting then working for Texas Instruments before going into Gov't. Impressive career but Jon too graduated college (BA in psychology) and made his road comedy. Both smart, hard working guys. Both good guys.
edit on 19-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

They both are intelligent men. Almost sounds like you're painting Jon as the class clown who is funny but not much else.

Levin is a smart guy and a hard worker, completing each high school, college (BA in political science) and law school in 3 years getting a BA then working for Texas Instruments before going into Gov't. Impressive career but Jon too graduated college (BA in psychology) and made his road comedy. Both smart, hard working guys. Both good guys.

Stewarts job is being the class clown, making people laugh, that has little to do with intellect. Levin on the other hand makes his business with his intellect. His radio program is little in comparison to his legal life. A comedy show can hardly be compared to a juris doctor in law, Legal foundations, Staff to an AG, passing the bar, political positions in administrations, Both good guys? I have no idea of their character, since I don't care for the arrogance of attorney's and don't watch comedy with an agenda. I couldn't say. But in terms of smarts, it isn't even close.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

We disagree if you think making people laugh doesn't require intellect.

I'd say both qualify as good men, on paper anyway.

After college, Stewart held numerous jobs: a contingency planner for the New Jersey Department of Human Services, a puppeteer for children with disabilities, a soccer coach at Gloucester High School in Virginia.

He practiced law in the private sector and is president of Landmark Legal Foundation, a public interest law firm founded in 1976 and based in Leesburg, Virginia.

Levin has participated in Freedom Concerts, an annual benefit concert to aid families of fallen soldiers, and uses his radio program to promote aid to military families.[9][10] Levin is also involved with Troopathon, a charity which sends care packages to soldiers serving overseas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join