It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Mushroom Experts. Please help me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I've been noticing these mushrooms for years growing on my property. I believe the mushrooms are Cinnabar Chanterelle but I'm no expert and not willing to risk my life on it. I thought if anybody knew it would be my fellow ats ers.
If they are cinnabar from what I read they are tasty to cook with.

Thank ya

edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: Pic

edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: At

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
NOPE .. no way ... not touching this. My advice ... don't get advice off the internet that raises to the level of life and death. You should use gloves and pick it and take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Like take it to a university lab or something like that. Someone educated who can properly identify it. Anyways ... that's what I think ....

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan your prob right

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sounds a little overly freaked out....but ....
They look almost like silly shrooms from the blurry photo....you have cows?
edit on 18-7-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Ditto that.

I never mess with wild mushrooms.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling no cows . I live in nj in a wooded area. I thought it was a good photo?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't eat any wild mushrooms other than Morels and a few Oyster mushrooms growing on poplar which I know well. I will make tea out of the ones that grow on birch trees also.

I eat the button mushrooms from the store or the canned button mushrooms.

No red mushrooms for me. Most mushrooms effect our minds a little.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Sounds a little overly freaked out....but ....
They look almost like silly shrooms from the blurry photo....you have cows?

That was a joke I'm assuming (hoping)? They don't look like any variety of psilocybin mushroom I've ever seen, at all.

To the OP: I'm with FlyersFan and Loam, don't do it.

They do however look a lot like cinnabar chanterelle but they could also possibly be a false chanterelle which while not fatal, is not edible and possibly poisonous.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
cinnabar-red chanterelle's

They're delicious, but don't eat them.
-only because you're not 100% sure.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The shape is typical to Chanterelle mushroom, the color is not typical. We have Chanterelles here which are very good mushrooms and golden / yellow mushrooms doesn´t even require heat and are edible. Never seen this color before.. it might be what you said it is but mushrooms here if they have excessive bright colors like amanita are very toxic.

Best way to find out is taking to expert.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555 that's good to hear that there delicious from someone who ate one but I'm guessing you weren't the one who picked it.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Google your county agricultural dept. and take it there. Those guys will probably know and be glad to help.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your help. It is confirmed to be cinnabar chanterelle . A friend of mine who is a scientist for Mars inc. just confirmed to me. I'll let you know how they taste he recommends the smaller the better and to let sit out in the sun for 3 hrs before eating, to dry out.

Here is some above top secret stuff for anyone who has read my thread

he's been doing research on increasing flavors and aromatic property's of plants by the flavonoids within the plant. To make your plants more aromatic and flavorful add birch oil when feeding your plants it increases the flavonoids

www.news-medical.net...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
My husband used to pick Chantrelles professionally. There is a poisonous similar mushroom however, called the Poisonous Jack-o-Lantern. It glows in the dark. He says the trained eye can tell the difference but a novice might not. Chantrelles need rain, and a cold snap. In California the season is October through March and can vary depending on the amount of rain during the season. Hope this helps!

new topics

top topics

join