It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eddie Vedder Reiterates Anti-War Stance After Anti-Israel Accusations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

www.rollingstone.com...

Following accusations by Israeli media that his recent onstage anti-war rant was anti-Israel, Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder took to the band's website to write that "I’d rather be naïve, heartfelt and hopeful than resigned to say nothing for fear of misinterpretation and retribution."

During a Pearl Jam concert Eddie Vedder goes off on a rant about war. It pisses him off that we live in an age that we do where we are able to communicate with anyone instantly yet we cannot achieve peace. The words that angrily come out of him are clearly anti war and he's taking heat for it. Israel is accusing Eddie of being, well, anti Israel.

In his rant he talks about taking over land and killing innocent people. He yells that the invaders should GTFO & mind their own damn business. He names no nations in particular but his words can ring true from Russia to the USA to the UK to China to Japan to Iraq.. and so on.

But who took offense? Israel.

Well, Eddie isn't afraid of what Israel thinks and will continue to speak his mind. It warms my heart to hear a favorite rocker of mine be so angry about the constant war instead of being oblivious to it.

Preach on Eddie.
edit on 17-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Great topic! Needs to be wayyyyyy more Eddie Vedders in this world. I hope his message gets through to Israel. I hope the war and pain will end. I'm sick of this shi#

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: drz400
Nothing for or against him, but it seems he gets angry at the same time every night, before a song appropriate to his anger.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
good on him...it must be time to start writing some anti war songs directed at ...well i think we all know who...

great band pearl jam and eddie is a great singer

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCounselor

So you go to a lot of Pearl Jam concerts?

You're taking away from his message and assume he's only getting himself worked up for his next song appropriate for his anger?

For realz?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills
I saw him once. to be honest, I forgot what his rant was about at that show.
I just can't get mad like that. I can't be consistently mad like that.
He could've been stewing all day on something, and picked the song according to.
I don't have anything for or against him, I just noted that he's always mad about something at approximately the same time.
He goes from NBA teams to venues to wars etc.. all the time.
edit on 18-7-2014 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ed walks his talk. He lives his ethics. He isn't afraid to call it. His stance against war is nothing new, as most know.
Yes, there should be more Ed Vedders in this world.

For some of the critics, would it help if he maybe would've grabbed his sack, or maybe stuck out his tongue in a disturbing style while he ranted against war?

Good thread. More Eds and Pearl Jam bands needed.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Good for Eddy.
Screw the israeli terrorists, I guess their guilty conscious is surfacing if they are jumping hoops trying to spin the propaganda when someone speaks of peace.
Soon.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Well guess you can't find a Better Man to try and get the world at an Even Flow.

We Once upon a time we could control ourselves, but now everything is washed in black.

Big Jam fan, not a fan of artist interrupting their shows for political discourse. Just play Yellowledbetter and everything will be ok.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Observationalist because: Forgot upon a time

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist
Not wanting murder is a political topic?
What Orwellian world are you living in?
If the man said he was against pedos would you still slam him?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I met Eddie Vedder when he was just a kid, working at the Thrifty drug store in Encinitas, California.

I've always enjoyed his music. I respect him for taking the moral high ground here, and speaking out against war.

edit on 18-7-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Good for him, I love Eddie Vedder and it sounds like he was intentionally vague. People get pissed when celebs push their views but the fact of the matter is they're just like us only they have a world stage when they have something to say. We're on the internet so it's mostly beating dead horses. War and death f-ing sucks now what? Oh yeah no one is listening to me, I don't have an answer.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Israel is about to have a PR nightmare. People around the world are starting to really question them. Are the leaders in this country so far gone they can not see the social climate turning against them? Reactions and comments like this are only fueling the fire.

The people of Israel need to wake up. Pretty soon major allies will no longer support them. The time is coming and coming fast.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

Love that song, a lot of people don't know but it's actually a cover of a Jerry Hannan song. I've been a Vedder fan since my early teens.

Eddie has always been vocal on the serious subjects in life (such as war, death row, starvation, various social issues), Israel can take its offense and shove it where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

Interesting that Israel, though not named specifically, are at least able to realize they fit the description of land-stealing war mongers.
edit on 18-7-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

Comon, can't you tell the light hearted nature of my post.
I'm not slamming Eddie, Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm on the complete opposite spectrum than you. When I'm at a show I want to hear music.

For the poster below in regards to moral high ground,
Anyone can say they are against murder or want peace, Of course that's the easy thing to Say.

I just received a letter from a pastor in Honduras who says that mothers are willing to let there girls be raped on their way to America rather than stay and be dismembered by gangs. He is working there pleading for help as innocent children are ruthlessly mutilated.

While Eddie is on stage singing songs about drugs and violence, and sex, yet he takes the "moral high road" by saying he wants world peace. Good for him I think that's great, but Look I'm just saying he's not the guy I want to take my moral cues from.

I want peace and all the murder to stop too. My contribution is I'm working with youth to help them learn to deal properly with failures and success, how to learn from mistakes rather than react to them.
Building life skills that will help them make better decisions down the road, hoping they can avoid the drugs and violence that our culture celebrates.

edit on 18-7-2014 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

Funny you should mention Orwell. A friend of mine had a theory...
Listen to the whole album "vs" beginning to end and then read Orwell's "1984"...I don't know if it was intentional, but they pair nicely.

Huge PJ and Eddie fan.
Was going to catch them again on this last tour...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Eddie Vedder is hilarious. I saw a Pearl Jam concert a few years ago (right after all the financial crisis stuff was winding down) and he started ranting (I imagine that he was quite drunk at the time because of what he said, but the crowd loved it) about banks and said that if you are a banker you should go kill yourself. Vedder is VERY opinionated and doesn't care who knows about it.

Fan Fact about Vedder. Back in the 90's when Ticketmaster jacked up all of its fees on tickets on all the major venues around the country, Vedder decided to boycott Ticketmaster and refused to play at any venue that was ran by Ticketmaster. Keep in mind this was at the height of their popularity and Vedder was willing to risk it all to stick it to Ticketmaster and their greedy shenanigans. As a result, Pearl Jam ended up playing at a bunch of obscure venues, but his fans loved him for it. To this day, Pearl Jam has one of the most loyal fanbases of any major touring band all because Vedder is the man.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Good for You Eddie, one more supporter against Israel's tyranny and genocide.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Good for Eddie. He should offer no apologies. Many in the rock world have took an anti-Israel stance and joined the Boycott Israel campaign. Pink Floyd are proud members as well. I stand with Eddie and all others who oppose terrorist Israel and their genocide of the Palestinians. This seems to be catching on. Sooner or later Israel will hit a brick wall.

It's dangerous to your career standing against Israel, as they have many agents in the music biz, -same as Hollywood. I'm sure they will try and destroy Pearl Jam. Just watch and you will see how the Zionists work.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Amazing that with all the violent conflicts going on in the world right now, someone says something anti-war and Israel pops its ugly head up with "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ABOUT US?!?!?!"

Bit of a guilty-conscience there guys?? Not that they have a conscience, but this proves they know they are wrong, and still don't care. They even jump into the victim role under truthful criticism.

I'm so freakin' tired of their "WE ARE THE VICTIMS!!!!" bulslhit

As if Judaism has a monopoly on persecution..... spare me the punchline please.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join